Infofein is offline New Member

Caloric Intake and Gear

Ok, so I have a question concerning daily caloric intake and burned calories. According to the IIFYM calculator it says my daily caloric intake for moderate fat burn is 2057 per day. I'm not exactly sure what my bf% is, but I think its around 20%, and another thing, I'm halfway through a cycle of 250mg Test E pinning every 5 days. I usually weight lift 4-5 times a week for about 60 mins per session and I do cardio 1-3 times per week. Some days I end up running 6-7 miles and it burns about 1000 calories per day. So basically some days I only burn around 600 cals weight lifting and some days I burn 1000 just running, and some days I burn 1600 cals when I do both. So my question is should I modify my caloric intake on days when I burn 1600 cals? Does the fact that i'm on juice have any impact on caloric intake? I seem to really struggle when it comes down to counting calories and my goal is to get down to 6% body fat while maintaining and or gaining lean mass.

Thanks in advance!

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Infofein View Post
    Ok, so I have a question concerning daily caloric intake and burned calories. According to the IIFYM calculator it says my daily caloric intake for moderate fat burn is 2057 per day. I'm not exactly sure what my bf% is, but I think its around 20%, and another thing, I'm halfway through a cycle of 250mg Test E pinning every 5 days. I usually weight lift 4-5 times a week for about 60 mins per session and I do cardio 1-3 times per week. Some days I end up running 6-7 miles and it burns about 1000 calories per day. So basically some days I only burn around 600 cals weight lifting and some days I burn 1000 just running, and some days I burn 1600 cals when I do both. So my question is should I modify my caloric intake on days when I burn 1600 cals? Does the fact that i'm on juice have any impact on caloric intake? I seem to really struggle when it comes down to counting calories and my goal is to get down to 6% body fat while maintaining and or gaining lean mass.

Thanks in advance!
    For what it's worth Kama you burn way more than 600 calories a day just laying in bed not doing anything you spend about 1200 to 1500 that's your metabolic rate or something they call it

Also there's no way on cycle you should try to reduce 16% body fat you would have to limit your calories so much that the cycle would be pointless to do and you would hurting muscle growth in a serious way

Then after your cycle is over your dominant hormone is going to be cortisol and that's going to be looking to destroy muscle. Post cycle nutrition in training should be Paramount in trying to preserve the muscle you did build during your cycle

You should have been cutting the body fat prior to your cycle

I wouldn't worry much about adjusting calories on days that you think you're burning more plus I would never take the computer on a treadmill exercise bike information about calories burned with any kind of reliability

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infofein View Post
    So my question is should I modify my caloric intake on days when I burn 1600 cals? Does the fact that i'm on juice have any impact on caloric intake? I seem to really struggle when it comes down to counting calories and my goal is to get down to 6% body fat while maintaining and or gaining lean mass.
    No, you should eat roughly the same amount everyday on cycle.

Generally speaking gear will not effect you maintenance calories.

Imo 6% is very low and unsustainable for any length of time.

Unless you're planning on competing 10-12% is a more realistic goal and lower than most people believe.

What's the goal of your cycle and stats?

Thread Information