75 Dogs is offline Junior Member

Do You Reverse Diet Before Bulking?

In general, after a cut would you recommend jumping directly into a bulk....or doing a reverse diet to get back up to maintenance calories and then start a bulk?

This would be for a cycle running 500mg Test E/week.

Not sure if bulking immediately would add too much fat/be too dirty. I generally cut easily losing more fat than muscle around 2,200 calories, but require 3,800-4,000 calories for a fairly clean bulk.

Looking to see what others are doing.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i think most would suggest doing maintenance for a few weeks then get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    i think most would suggest doing maintenance for a few weeks then get after it.
    Thank you, that's kind of what I was thinking. Just got on the Massive Eating calculator from the hard gainer sticky, and it looks like I may need 4,300 calories or more given my current 13.5% bodyfat 199.5 weight. I've never tried more than 4,000 calories and am starting to think I may need to really "get after it" before hopping on my first cycle.

But I'm already 41 and on TRT and been trying to get bigger for a while. Workout is pretty solid and I have no problem getting ripped if I follow my macros, it's the gaining mass part that's eluded me. Was going to add those calories anyway, but not sure if I should hold off on a cycle or not. Kind of torn here.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by 75 Dogs View Post
    Thank you, that's kind of what I was thinking. Just got on the Massive Eating calculator from the hard gainer sticky, and it looks like I may need 4,300 calories or more given my current 13.5% bodyfat 199.5 weight. I've never tried more than 4,000 calories and am starting to think I may need to really "get after it" before hopping on my first cycle.

But I'm already 41 and on TRT and been trying to get bigger for a while. Workout is pretty solid and I have no problem getting ripped if I follow my macros, it's the gaining mass part that's eluded me. Was going to add those calories anyway, but not sure if I should hold off on a cycle or not. Kind of torn here.
    what type of training are you doing? you may want to check out Marcus' Dungeon in the AR Lounge stickie, it will make you a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    you may want to check out Marcus' Dungeon in the AR Lounge stickie, it will make you a beast!
    Cool, I'll check that out. Thanks.

Thread Information