Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: Purchasing preped meals.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member

Purchasing preped meals.

Was wondering how many of you pay someone to prepare all of you meals or even one meal a day? If so how much do you pay per meal. Thank you!

pitweiler is offline Member
    They vary from location but most are close to $15 per meal and usually there's a minimum and delivery charge. A new place has opened up in my area and is charging under $10 including salmon. I don't know how he's making money, I'm sure he's going to be raising his prices at some point. It's convenient but I still prefer to make my own

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    If you live in or near a city of decent size you should be able to find a prepared foods store.

You can go to a place like that get all your macros and either have them portion your meals or take everything home and portion it yourself.

The big plus to using a prepared foods store vs a meal delivery place is that the quality of ingredients is usually much healthier. Most everything is made from scratch and the food tastes great.
    Kenny357 likes this.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    I get most of my meals from a prep place. I get 3 full meals, 1 prepared snack and another dry snack with a drink/day for about 8 bucks a meal. I travel a lot and have tried several of these places. I agree that the ones you walk in and get fresh food from are far better than the delivery services.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny357
    I get most of my meals from a prep place. I get 3 full meals, 1 prepared snack and another dry snack with a drink/day for about 8 bucks a meal. I travel a lot and have tried several of these places. I agree that the ones you walk in and get fresh food from are far better than the delivery services.
    That sounds like a good deal Kenny! Maybe I can find something like that in my neck of the woods. Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by pitweiler
    They vary from location but most are close to $15 per meal and usually there's a minimum and delivery charge. A new place has opened up in my area and is charging under $10 including salmon. I don't know how he's making money, I'm sure he's going to be raising his prices at some point. It's convenient but I still prefer to make my own
    That doesn't sound like a bad deal there! I am so busy now that I have to locate someone to prep for me. Thanks pitweiler!

Quote Originally Posted by numbere
    If you live in or near a city of decent size you should be able to find a prepared foods store. You can go to a place like that get all your macros and either have them portion your meals or take everything home and portion it yourself. The big plus to using a prepared foods store vs a meal delivery place is that the quality of ingredients is usually much healthier. Most everything is made from scratch and the food tastes great.
    I wish there were a prepared food store around here somewhere! Thanks for this great comparison! I haven't thought about it like that. Always great advice numbere!

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    I wish there were a prepared food store around here somewhere! Thanks for this great comparison! I haven't thought about it like that. Always great advice numbere!
    What food service are you thinking about using?

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My old lady just started having her meals sent to the house. I will figure out the company for u and costs.

She said the food is pretty good but the size of meals are not filling

So I guess it's called hello fresh. Costs about 100.00 a week. But she stI'll has to cook the stuff
    Last edited by 73rr; 10-10-2016 at 07:50 PM.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr
    My old lady just started having her meals sent to the house. I will figure out the company for u and costs. She said the food is pretty good but the size of meals are not filling
    My gf have me a coupon for blue apron. I use sporadically. It's all the ingredients. I cook. Don't think they will satisfy a man size hunger.

I have been skipping weeks bc they take so long to make. It's variety tho. But a bit pricey. 60$ for 3 varieties - 2 servings ea.

Thread Information