Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sfla80
  • 1 Post By Sfla80

Thread: Tyson grilled chicken breast

  1. #1
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,883

    Tyson grilled chicken breast

    Trying to find other easier chicken options... I've compared Tysons grilled chicken breast with regular chicken breast and the only real difference is a higher amount of sodium in the Tyson chicken. What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Marsoc's Avatar
    Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Camp lejeune
    Posts
    2,452
    i got natures basket. I like anything that lacks all that growth hormones and shit

  3. #3
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    i got natures basket. I like anything that lacks all that growth hormones and shit
    I second that, spend 50 cents more a pound to get range fed. Having grown up on a farm. I know what a chicken should look like that runs around on your farm free, not spent locked up on a cage pumped full of anti-Biotics and shit. We never ever, did anything with out chickens or cows because they had pasture to Roam free. The only time they got shots is when they got bit by snakes, or caught up in the fence. Other than that they never got sick or needed anything extra except hay for the cows and some flax for the chickens.

  4. #4
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,644
    I use the frozen chic. Never realized the sodium count is higher. Hmmm

  5. #5
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Tysons is what I feed my dogs....not saying it's bad...but just that is what I use it for.

    Only issue I see is that it's I think 9$ for what 1.5# maybe??

    Talking the green bags right?

    If money isn't an issue I don't see that much of a problem

  6. #6
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,883
    Yes, green bags. It is suppose to be hormone free and all that good stuff. My girlfriend bought the Tyson chicken tenders for herself and surprisingly they don't look too bad either. Fat content is a little bit higher but really not as bad as I thought. But, I've never seen a pro bodybuilder eating chicken tenders lol

  7. #7
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Yes, green bags. It is suppose to be hormone free and all that good stuff. My girlfriend bought the Tyson chicken tenders for herself and surprisingly they don't look too bad either. Fat content is a little bit higher but really not as bad as I thought. But, I've never seen a pro bodybuilder eating chicken tenders lol
    Personally if I'm buying it for.myself....I would get the shredded chicken they carry. It's perfect. But like I said it's more of a price thing.....and also time thing. If u don't have time to prep.

    But one bag if eating properly should only.be a days worth.

  8. #8
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,883
    Well my girlfriend and I bought a house together and her parents bought us a grill and it just ruins chicken. It will burn the outside, or at the very least make the outside "tough"... even with the burners on the lowest setting. Plus it's getting to be winter time and grilling sucks when it's freezing. It's hard to cook in bulk in a pan and baking chicken has never worked for me.

  9. #9
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Well my girlfriend and I bought a house together and her parents bought us a grill and it just ruins chicken. It will burn the outside, or at the very least make the outside "tough"... even with the burners on the lowest setting. Plus it's getting to be winter time and grilling sucks when it's freezing. It's hard to cook in bulk in a pan and baking chicken has never worked for me.
    Try to find my thread. "Cooking with Sfla " or whatever I forget how I titled it lol.

    I have a marinate for chicken. If you use it, it's very hard to over cook it. And even next day chicken is still very juicy.

    Edit: chicken is very hard to keep tender/juicy especially if next day or few days. Takes a while to get used to.

    Grill tips, get your grill.marks on hot sections. Then rest on that second level most grills have, with lid closed.
    Marsoc likes this.

  10. #10
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,883
    Thanks man.... it's great to have a professional chef on the forums lol. I am very lazy about cooking... I hate it so I do the bare minimum to get through it so my food always tastes like crap... but I guess we don't eat for taste anyways lol. I usually cook my lunches for work on Sunday. So I'll grill a bunch of chicken, weigh it and then cut it up and put them into containers for the work week.
    My parents had one of those holland grills that had the two little stacks on it... took forever to cook with in the winter time but chicken always came out so much better. I think the grill we have now the flames are just too close to the meat. I'll try using that top rack you mentioned.

    I'll look for your thread...Is your marinate fat loss friendly? Lol

  11. #11
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Thanks man.... it's great to have a professional chef on the forums lol. I am very lazy about cooking... I hate it so I do the bare minimum to get through it so my food always tastes like crap... but I guess we don't eat for taste anyways lol. I usually cook my lunches for work on Sunday. So I'll grill a bunch of chicken, weigh it and then cut it up and put them into containers for the work week.
    My parents had one of those holland grills that had the two little stacks on it... took forever to cook with in the winter time but chicken always came out so much better. I think the grill we have now the flames are just too close to the meat. I'll try using that top rack you mentioned.

    I'll look for your thread...Is your marinate fat loss friendly? Lol
    Yeah man marinate is gtg

  12. #12
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I use the frozen chic. Never realized the sodium count is higher. Hmmm
    And its pumped with water, once you start grilling it water pours out...

  13. #13
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

    And its pumped with water, once you start grilling it water pours out...
    What he wants to use is pre cooked frozen chicken.

    But I'm sure it's pumped with multiple hormones/water.

  14. #14
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,883
    Says it's hormone free but who knows if you can actually believe that

  15. #15
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Says it's hormone free but who knows if you can actually believe that
    Yeah I could believe that.

    I posted a link about one company I forget who it was though.

    Company would not give employees breaks, so they were wearing diapers while they worked....I will check for the link.
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

  16. #16
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    What he wants to use is pre cooked frozen chicken.

    But I'm sure it's pumped with multiple hormones/water.
    Why use pre-cooked chicken when you can quickly season it with tabasco, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, and grill it in a matter of minutes.

  17. #17
    Sfla80's Avatar
    Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

    Why use pre-cooked chicken when you can quickly season it with tabasco, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar, and grill it in a matter of minutes.
    Lol I understand that....but op was asking and having trouble cooking is all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •