Thread: Cheap diet

Keagan is offline New Member

Cheap diet

Hello everyone,

Ok so a little about me. I am 179 cm (5,87 foot) tall I weigh 74 kgs (163 pounds) I have no idea what my body fat is. I rock climb (bouldering) 5-6 times a week for about 30 min, then do 15 min skipping just for some cardio and then I gym for 30min - 45min. So I am new to the whole gym/diet thing and am looking for some help with my diet. I can not find the information on what i am looking for, anywhere. So what i am looking for is a really cheap diet, I don't care about variety, so eating the same meal everyday is OK (if I could live off chicken and Yams/sweet potato I would). I want to lose fat, cut and build muscle (I don't know if that is possible to do all three at the same time but if it isn't I would like to cut first then bulk, cause I am a little chubby atm).

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Keagan.
    Well you have the right idea with the chicken and yams. These are perfect choices for a low fat high protein and complex carb. However it is the preparation of said items that will make your meals count. Stick with boneless, skinless chicken breast that is either oven roasted, grilled or boiled. I use a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon and spices of choice as a marinade (30minutes to overnight) throw it on a baking sheet or pan at 425 degrees for 20-27 minutes based upon the thickness of the breast. Yams are best roasted in the oven as well. light rub with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt to taste ( I bake them whole, eat skin and all)
    There are many viable choices for protein such as lean cuts of pork such as pork tenderloin, top sirloin, Bison, 90/10 hamburger meat.
    Some other choices for complex carbs are brown rice, whole grains, beans (not refried or baked), my favorite which acts a double agent is lentils which offer a nice protein count for a complex carb as well as being fat free, high in fiber and vitamins (see below)
    You should also include in every meal some vegetables, make them the largest part of your meals, with protein second and complex carb last.
    Key to effectively using these foods to drop fat is not to ruin their health benefits with added sauces which contain high levels of sugar and fat.
    Daily cardio after your workout if you are able. The BF will fall off and be replaced by lean muscle mass.
    Go to SelfNutritionData.com and you can see the macros for just about anything you care to eat. You also can set up within their website a nutrition tracking system.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lentil macros.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	166264

Keagan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Welcome Keagan.
    Well you have the right idea with the chicken and yams. These are perfect choices for a low fat high protein and complex carb. However it is the preparation of said items that will make your meals count. Stick with boneless, skinless chicken breast that is either oven roasted, grilled or boiled. I use a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon and spices of choice as a marinade (30minutes to overnight) throw it on a baking sheet or pan at 425 degrees for 20-27 minutes based upon the thickness of the breast. Yams are best roasted in the oven as well. light rub with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt to taste ( I bake them whole, eat skin and all)
    There are many viable choices for protein such as lean cuts of pork such as pork tenderloin, top sirloin, Bison, 90/10 hamburger meat.
    Some other choices for complex carbs are brown rice, whole grains, beans (not refried or baked), my favorite which acts a double agent is lentils which offer a nice protein count for a complex carb as well as being fat free, high in fiber and vitamins (see below)
    You should also include in every meal some vegetables, make them the largest part of your meals, with protein second and complex carb last.
    Key to effectively using these foods to drop fat is not to ruin their health benefits with added sauces which contain high levels of sugar and fat.
    Daily cardio after your workout if you are able. The BF will fall off and be replaced by lean muscle mass.
    Go to SelfNutritionData.com and you can see the macros for just about anything you care to eat. You also can set up within their website a nutrition tracking system.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lentil macros.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	166264
    Hey sicko Thanks so much good to know i was a little on the right track with yams and chicken breast. I have check out SelfNutritionData and made myself a diet using it it just worked out to expensive, so hopefully knowing that I can eat chicken and yams instead of salmon and other things I can bring the cost down. Hope fully once I have my diet planned I can post it and grab your opinion?

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keagan View Post
    Hey sicko Thanks so much good to know i was a little on the right track with yams and chicken breast. I have check out SelfNutritionData and made myself a diet using it it just worked out to expensive, so hopefully knowing that I can eat chicken and yams instead of salmon and other things I can bring the cost down. Hope fully once I have my diet planned I can post it and grab your opinion?
    Sure...most of the reason that people incorporate Salmon into their diet is based upon it being a good source of omega-3 fatty acids as well as protein and a bunch of other beneficial vitamins and nutrients. You do need to incorporate healthy fats into your diet as well such as nuts, natural peanut butter (no sugar added), avocados, cheese, eggs, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil to name a few. I eat salmon every once in a while when I make it to Costco. They have pretty good prices. But that is like once a month if that.

Thread Information