Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DHew
  • 2 Post By numbere

Thread: Keto on first cut

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member

Keto on first cut

Hit a plateu in my first cut is it worthwhile trying out keto diet?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    in my opinion keto is hard to stick to long term. It works very well but its not easy. what does your current diet look like.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally find Keto to work quite well, but it is a very difficult diet to get right.

I have found keeping the diet itself simple, and using techniques like Carb Cycling or Intermittent Fasting have a much better impact.
    It is a very personal experience though.

keto is tough to stick to and eat socially. I find it easier to carb cycle and fit dinner with friends into my diet.

Jonbana is offline Member
    I did keto for a year SKD no refeeds no bullshit and loved it I did a cut and a bulk on keto ,

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Avoid keto at all costs if you can, you simply do not need this harsh of an option to cut fat. Please show us your diet and we can get you on the right foot.
    BG likes this.

I eat porridge in the mornings, steak/gammon steak afterwards, whey protein after workouts. Greek yogurt and whey protein at night. I often have eggs and lots of chicken too. My schedule changes everyday so I can't eat at certain times. Have to admit I do like the idea of keto. Seems effective

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Honestly bud you can't get a great answer to the question in the OP because you haven't give enough information.

The correct generic answer is no; for your first few cuts eat below maintenance then add in fasted cardio if you hit a wall.

A ketogenic diet is not for a novice.

How about some stats so we can ballpark your tdee?

How long have you been training and dieting?

What are your maintenance calories and average daily diet look like?
    Last edited by numbere; 12-22-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    wellshii and BRUTAL like this.

Jonbana is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    I eat porridge in the mornings, steak/gammon steak afterwards, whey protein after workouts. Greek yogurt and whey protein at night. I often have eggs and lots of chicken too. My schedule changes everyday so I can't eat at certain times. Have to admit I do like the idea of keto. Seems effective
    Keto Works But so Does any diet

pick a diet you can stick to its the simple ,

I like keto cause I can go days without food never get hungry no worrys about eating every couple hours is this optimal for muscle heck no.... all depends on your goals and what you enjoy eating follow a diet you can stick with as in the long run they all will reward the same benefits

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    So you have no diet. You haven't hit a plateau, you simply have no diet. The good thing is this is easily fixed once you dial one in.

wellshii is offline Member
    Keto works, just keep an eye of cholesterol and triglycerides.

As Jobanna said,"keto Works But so Does any diet.

Perhaps try having a healthy refeed. What does your diet look like now?

I'm trying to follow iifym right now because I can't commit to times of the day to eat. My shifts always change and I attend uni. Over an hour drive each way. Would it make a difference if I attempted to time my meals

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    I'm trying to follow iifym right now because I can't commit to times of the day to eat. My shifts always change and I attend uni. Over an hour drive each way. Would it make a difference if I attempted to time my meals
    timing isn't as important as getting in the proper amount of f/c/p and overall calories that your body needs. I eat my meals at the same times out of convenience. If I don't pre plan them a bit and if im not watching it may be 8pm and I have half my calories left to eat. not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post

timing isn't as important as getting in the proper amount of f/c/p and overall calories that your body needs. I eat my meals at the same times out of convenience. If I don't pre plan them a bit and if im not watching it may be 8pm and I have half my calories left to eat. not ideal.
    Thanks for your help gentlemen I will make some adjustments and try to push through

BRUTAL is offline Knowledgeable Member
    keto diet is not a game, if you dont know what youre doing you will end up loosing not only fat but muscles too and may end up in a not the best place your body could be. It is not as dangerous as emphasised above by DHew, although for some individuals it could be, but its not for everyone, all done right and with caution and logic in mind things should go by the plan.
    All is tied up in your routine and your self discipline for the most part, so any diet starts in your mind, but especially keto, its not a game, and its fun when for some people works very well when they get it dialled in right, others hate it. Some like peaches some apples some both some neither.

no diet is universal fit for all, nobody is raised by the book, know your body feel how you respond and adjust accordingly, make your own blueprint and stick to it, otherwise nothing will work.

Good luck OP

Batmanreturns is offline Banned
    If you're depleted and cutting properly chances are you'll develop ketones either way

Thread Information