Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nephets

Thread: How to lower my body % fat

Boneslapper2002 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

How to lower my body % fat

I know there is a thread that I have missed however I am looking for the best way to lower my body % fat I am currently about 25 % body fat, I have been working out for a year and only lost 18% body fat . I know diet plays a key factor but how long does it take to lower this into the mid teens. Here is my normal day of what I eat.
    I am 49 yrs old, 5'9, 225lbs athletic build

Whey Protein 60 grams
    Almond Milk 10oz
    1 Toast with Peanut Butter spreader

6 oz Salmon or Chicken Breast
    1 cup broccoli

6 oz Salmon or Chicken Breast
    1/2 cup brown rice

1 fruit orange or apple

Whey Protein 60 grams
    Almond Milk 10oz

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Can you put the macros that this diet comes up to. Your diet is not fixed. It has to move and adjust as you move through sticking points. Post the macros and what your training looks like and I'll get you moving in the right direction again.
    KINGKONG likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your body has already made some drastic changes..the human body adapts to caloric and macro changes very quickly you have to keep it guessing ..carb cycling on training days keeping your carbs high to med and lower on other days same with calories add up a weeks worth of maintaince calories and use more on training days..high intensity cardio and frequent small meals will keep your metabolism going..I would eat more whole food but smaller portions spread out ..keep a diary ..write everything down..fasting will also break your body of its set patterns a good 48 hour fast will help reset your body..constantly adapt and change your diet keep the diary and don't watch the scale watch the calipers..

Boneslapper2002 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to both of you I am currently recovering from a rotator surgery so I am not fully training but can't wait, hopefully I will be back in full stride in a couple of months. I am doing 30 min high intensity, 30 min dry sauna and light leg workout. I just read the carb cycling post for cutting and bulking and it makes sense I think I will try to adjust my macros to 40/45/15 with a carb cycling high Mid and low.

Thread Information