• 1 Post By Coffeehead
  • 1 Post By Coffeehead
  • 1 Post By Coffeehead
  • 1 Post By Sark
  • 1 Post By Nephets

Thread: Opinion on my approach with my diet please

Do1t is offline New Member

Opinion on my approach with my diet please

Theres many ways to skin a cat, i just want to know if my way is one of them lol
    I have all the calories/macros to lose 1-2pounds a week for a cut. currently 185pounds, looking to drop about 7-8 pounds in the next 2 months.
    My question is, will doing intermittent fasting be counter productive to my muscle? I feel like dropping cals just before my TDEE, and getting them in the short window wont make a difference.

Need advice, thank you in advance!

Coffeehead is offline Associate Member
    IF is a meal-timing protocol that has little to no effect on fat loss. However it can prove to be beneficial at controlling appetite.

For building muscle, it's far from optimal to have your protein all within an 8 hour window. It's not horrible, but it's not going to be of any added benefit to utilize this setup.

Are you going to be on cycle?

Yeah I'll be running test e 600mg / week

Quote Originally Posted by Do1t View Post
    Yeah I'll be running test e 600mg / week
    You'd be better off spreading your protein out over 4-6 meals throughout the day. 16 hours of fasting is quite a bit of MPS you'd be missing out on.

Here's a good figure on the effects of MPS post workout, and how it's slightly spiked by protein consumption.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qIKZ8Ak.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	166842
    Last edited by Coffeehead; 01-04-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    Do1t likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeehead View Post
    You'd be better off spreading your protein out over 4-6 meals throughout the day. 16 hours of fasting is quite a bit of MPS you'd be missing out on.

Here's a good figure on the effects of MPS post workout, and how it's slightly spiked by protein consumption.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qIKZ8Ak.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	166842
    thank you for the reply, i will try it both ways and go with best results.

Jonbana is offline Member
    16-8 protocol for IF works amazing for fat lost and muscle gaining ,
    Theres tons of research to back this up , leangains.com is an amazing site with all the research posted on here to prove the benefits of it

The point of fasting for 16 hours for health reason but also for fat lost because when you wake up you are using ketones as fuel so the longer you hold this off the better as you will continue to burn fat until you eat a meal depending what it is carbs or fat based you will either stop fat burning or continue ,

I can go on and on and on about IF but its proven to work for fat lost and muscle gaining , now is it optimal for MPS that depends , over all it will have very little effect on muscle gain results it may not be optimal but research actually shows it may be more optimal because of HGH and other things that happen when you fast and than you break the fast and what it does to the body ...

I bulk and cut on 16-8 no problem and carb backload I will never eat breakfast cause when I do I get fat , but everyone is different so pick a diet and eat style that works for you , but check out leangains he has all the research and up to date research to prove you don't not lose muscle or anything and you can build the same amount of muscle day end macros matter more than one meal timming

it takes roughly 72 hours to start burning muscle if your not in ketosis without food that's why you fast only 16 hours and once in a while 24 hours to boost HGH 2000%

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    16-8 protocol for IF works amazing for fat lost and muscle gaining ,
    Theres tons of research to back this up , leangains.com is an amazing site with all the research posted on here to prove the benefits of it

The point of fasting for 16 hours for health reason but also for fat lost because when you wake up you are using ketones as fuel so the longer you hold this off the better as you will continue to burn fat until you eat a meal depending what it is carbs or fat based you will either stop fat burning or continue ,

I can go on and on and on about IF but its proven to work for fat lost and muscle gaining , now is it optimal for MPS that depends , over all it will have very little effect on muscle gain results it may not be optimal but research actually shows it may be more optimal because of HGH and other things that happen when you fast and than you break the fast and what it does to the body ...

I bulk and cut on 16-8 no problem and carb backload I will never eat breakfast cause when I do I get fat , but everyone is different so pick a diet and eat style that works for you , but check out leangains he has all the research and up to date research to prove you don't not lose muscle or anything and you can build the same amount of muscle day end macros matter more than one meal timming

it takes roughly 72 hours to start burning muscle if your not in ketosis without food that's why you fast only 16 hours and once in a while 24 hours to boost HGH 2000%

enjoy
    Nonsense. As usual....
    numbere likes this.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Why are you running a cycle on a cut. Why don't you lose the weight first and use the gear to bulk up when your done.

Jonbana is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeehead View Post
    Nonsense. As usual....
    Pleas research before you speak kid IF has grown massively and eating very 2-3 hours is a myth and has been busted years ago but I guess you are stuck in the past... just like training one body party a week has been busted and proven 2-3 times a week is better for growth

you can stay to you bro science I go by science and whats proven to work

Pleas research before you speak kid IF has grown massively and eating very 2-3 hours is a myth and has been busted years ago but I guess you are stuck in the past... just like training one body party a week has been busted and proven 2-3 times a week is better for growth

Heh - I really don't know where to begin. I guess I'll start by saying I do appreciate being called a kid; it makes me feel young. As for the mention of "bioscience," I'm pretty sure my pubmed library would take you years to read through. So I don't rely on this broscience that you speak of.

However, on a forum where you actually get rated by the content of your posts, you've obviously maxed out the neg meter. I'm sure you're just filled with helpful information.

Oats+Whey pre-workout meal ,Hydrolyzed vs Isolate vs concentrate - Bodybuilding.com Forums

I want to be relatively brief since this is hardly worth my time to respond to, but I'm more concerned with people like you handing out shitty advice to unsuspecting members that don't know any better. Your knowledge on nutrition rivals my knowledge of steroids . It's shoddy, at best.

I use IF occasionally because it can be a useful tool. However, I just know where it's strengths and limitations lie; you clearly do not. It can be helpful for controlling ghrelin and condensing your window small enough to prevent overeating, and it the main reason why IF has been successful at keeping people lean. It's simply nothing more than a glorified meal-timing protocol.

The magical effects of of increased HGH, decreased IGF-1, you just spouted off are all bullshit. And please stop this nonsense about going by the science because that's what's proven to work. You were on gear before you had any respectable base, experience, and more importantly the knowledge needed for advanced training and nutrition. I know this because you're still clueless.

You can continue to listen to Martin Beckham, Greg O' Gallagher, or wherever you choose to get your information from. Or you can use your brain and take their message for what it is: Biased information strategically used to position themselves as the IF experts of the world.

Now do this forum a huge favor and please stop posting 12 threads a day asking the same questions about your shitty setup.

Have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by Coffeehead; 01-05-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    numbere likes this.

Sark is offline Junior Member

Lol, proven to work in what context?
    And what exactly is the myth that got busted in regards to eating every 2-3 hours?
    You say you go by what's proven to work, I guess that's why all the top BB'ers follow IF huh...

IF has it's place, the only issue here is people making end all statements like it's the best and only method (clearly implied by you touting off about eating every 2-3 hours being a myth) If it works for you great, but realize that other things work too, and certain things work better for different people, at different times in their lives.
    Last edited by Sark; 01-05-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    Coffeehead likes this.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Fellas fellas fellas. Why can't we all just get along. Lol. OP if you want to do IF because it fits your lifestyle better I say do it. Is it the best way to do it. Maybe not. But if it helps you stay consistent with your diet I'd say do it. Consistency and adherence will affect your results more then meal timing. Do what's good for you.
    Coffeehead likes this.

Thread Information