Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marsoc

Thread: fut guy needs advice/help....please

beepjeep is offline New Member

fut guy needs advice/help....please

Hello,

I am a 36 year old male who has been overweight all my life. Over a year ago, I decided enough was enough and I set out to change my life. I began eating healthier options and less quantity along with exercise.

I have currently lost 141lbs, but for the last 2 months, I have not lost a single pound.

I am currently 6'2" and 332(473 starting weight)

I eat 5-6 times a day which includes a mixture of eggs, chicken breast, tuna, sweet potatoes, brown rice, broccoli, asparagus, protein powder mixed with oats.

How can I get the scale moving again? I would really appreciate some help and advice. I have worked very hard to get to this point and will continue to fight.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    What's your training look like . And In Order to lose weight or fat you must burn more then the calories u eat..to put it simply. and you will lose
    Last edited by Marsoc; 02-04-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    Johndave likes this.

Johndave is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    What's your training look like . And I. Order to lose weight or fat you must burn more then the calories u eat..so put it simply. and you will lose
    Yeah, actually! I also think about this.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Increase calorie expenditure through training and cardio or reduce calories. How many calories are you eating now.

I do weight training 5 days a week with only about 20-30 min of cardio. On days I do not lift, I do about 60 min of cardio

I am eating about 2400cal a day(less on non lifting days)

Id drop the calories again to 2000. Should get the scale moving again.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i think you may be eating too little

at 330 lbs, i think you would need to eat around 3000 cals a day

post up what you are eating in regards to macros and we can help

i just do not think you are eating enough and have slowed down your metabolism

also, start doing some fasted cardio in the mornings and do at least on HIT type cardio a week, like doing sprints

I don't really agree with ragin on this one. The OP clearly has lots of stored energy on his body. I don't see why he needs the extra calories at this point in his journey. Then again, with dieting, there is a million ways to skin a cat.

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    What are your macros? Might be time to adjust. Drop cals and adjust macros, increase cardio and training intensity. Plateaus happen, the smaller you get the harder it is to drop the weight, adjustments have to be made. Congrats on your weight loss, don't get discouraged at all just see this as the next level and another chance to learn more about your body and how it responds, maybe I'm weird but that part of the journey is fun for me, it gives an opportunity to learn and grow and those experiences are in my opinion necessary to keep the weight off, which is the most important aspect, as you know you'll have setbacks, expect to fail and embrace it, learn from the setbacks and grow!!!! Again, congrats on your accomplishments keep pushing yourself !!!

Right now I'm doing about 2400kcal in a 40/40/20 split. I try to get in 6 meals a day at

40g of protein/ 40g carbs/ and 8-9g of fats

Each meal consists of lean protein, veggies, brown rice or sweet potaoes. I'll get my fats from nuts, avocado, fish.

I'm just starting to attempt eating cleaner. When I first lost weight, eating less was a big help along with exercise. Now that I have lost as much as I have, I really want to focus on eating cleaner

Thread Information