• 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Help with end of diet

stillernation is offline Junior Member

Help with end of diet

Attachment 167476
    hey everyone,
    So I'm about 75 days into my diet, started at 215, now sitting at around 193-195. Estimated bodyfat I'd say around 20% (let me know what you think). I'd like to cut down to somewhere between 175 and 185 when all is said and done.

Eating around 1000 below TDEE. I haven't really keep an eye on Macros, but 5 days a week I eat spot on ( ground turkey, eggs, brown rice, greek yogurt, whey) thats about all. Weekends I try and be careful, but I usually end up eating 1-2 bad meals and 1 night boozing. I know that isn't ideal, but I'm not a physique competitor here, I like to enjoy my youth while I can.

I lift 5-6 days per week, FST-7 usually. And do 10-30 minutes cardio depending on diet. I usually eat clean enough during the week that I dont need to go overboard on cardio (or maybe I need to start).

Anywho, it seems the last 2-3 weeks my weight hasn't changed much and I'm trying to finish up so I can start my cycle. Do you think I need to begin carb loading and all that? I'm not very experience with diet, so I could use some advice, recommended plans, supps, etc. to help pull me through this last portion of my cut.

Also, can anyone give an estimate on bodyfat % and a realistic time frame of when I can get below 15%? Like I said, this is my first time sticking to a diet, Im getting ancy waiting for the results I want. I like to know exactly what to expect and when to expect it when possible.

I have another thread going regarding my cycle prep, so sorry for any redundancy if you have read itAttachment 167830

Update:. Hey fellas, still grinding. 16 weeks, down to 178 from 215. I got a dietician to help me with a contest prep diet for 8 more weeks. Im happy wi5h mybf but i just want to see if i can do it at this point. Sorry for typos, on my phone. Hope this motivates some, 16 weeks ago i was the guy saying yeah fuxking right, i could never lose 40 lbs.
    Attachment 168548
    Attachment 168551
    Attachment 168550
    Last edited by stillernation; 04-04-2017 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Updated. 178 3/29

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    the lower your body fat, the tighter your diet has to be. a 300lb guy can lose 20lbs when he does nothing but cuts out deep fried peperoni for breakfast. as you get closer to your goal you have to be more dialed in. The 2-3 cheats and boozing on the weekend is probably counteracting half or all the progress you made from Monday - Friday. Try to eat the same 7 days a week for 2 weeks and I think you will see what I mean.

forgot to mention, great transformation so far. keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    the lower your body fat, the tighter your diet has to be. a 300lb guy can lose 20lbs when he does nothing but cuts out deep fried peperoni for breakfast. as you get closer to your goal you have to be more dialed in. The 2-3 cheats and boozing on the weekend is probably counteracting half or all the progress you made from Monday - Friday. Try to eat the same 7 days a week for 2 weeks and I think you will see what I mean.
    Thanks Nephets, i agree the cheating is definitely slowing my progress but I also want to stay sane being this is my first decent attempt. I figured one day eating poorly wouldnt negate all the weeks work but maybe it has been. I cant see being at a 5000 calorie deficit all week being wiped out by one or two days, its not like im eating 4000 cals on cheat days, but i prob consume maintenence level with food nd booze

if your weight hasn't changed much you can do any one of 3 things....cut out the shit food on the weekend (there by reducing calories).... increase energy expenditure (more cardio) or reduce overall calories Monday to Friday and leave your cheats.

Its all about what you can live with and how fast you want to hit that goal.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Congratulations on your progress so far.

Have you recalculated your TDEE for your current stats?

It's doubtful that your in a 1,000 calorie per day deficit if you're not losing weight, or you're cheating way too much on the weekends.

April 20th is the first day of summer and that's 10 weeks away.

If you get your diet straightened out and lose one pound per week you'll meet your goal by the first day of summer.

As far as the weekend cheating goes you have to choose either one cheat meal or one night of drinking light beer.

When I say one night of drinking light beer I mean an 8 beer max not a 30 pack.
    songdog and RaginCajun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Congratulations on your progress so far.

Have you recalculated your TDEE for your current stats?

It's doubtful that your in a 1,000 calorie per day deficit if you're not losing weight, or you're cheating way too much on the weekends.

April 20th is the first day of summer and that's 10 weeks away.

If you get your diet straightened out and lose one pound per week you'll meet your goal by the first day of summer.

As far as the weekend cheating goes you have to choose either one cheat meal or one night of drinking light beer.

When I say one night of drinking light beer I mean an 8 beer max not a 30 pack.
    Thanks Numbere,
    No i havnt recalculated my TDEE, good point. However i started out prob too low, around 1500kcal per day so i dont wanna drop much more. Im thinking up cardio from 15 to 30 everyday? And when i drink, i now buy a bottle of vodka and down half before i go out so I only need to sip on a brew while out. Probs around 1000kcal extra on a booze night. The one thing i was thinking is last few times iv weighed was after a cheat day, so I may have been holding extra water. Do you know how much u can hold extra? And how long before you lose bloat nd weight is stable?

Idk if I can do 10 more weeks lol, ill grind hard and try nd drop 2 per week. Id like to be able to atleast see an outline of an ab or two, never saw em before, wanna see if theyre actually there
    Last edited by stillernation; 02-07-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillernation View Post
    Thanks Numbere,
    No i havnt recalculated my TDEE, good point. However i started out prob too low, around 1500kcal per day so i dont wanna drop much more. Im thinking up cardio from 15 to 30 everyday? And when i drink, i now buy a bottle of vodka and down half before i go out so I only need to sip on a brew while out. Probs around 1000kcal extra on a booze night. The one thing i was thinking is last few times iv weighed was after a cheat day, so I may have been holding extra water. Do you know how much u can hold extra? And how long before you lose bloat nd weight is stable?

Idk if I can do 10 more weeks lol, ill grind hard and try nd drop 2 per week. Id like to be able to atleast see an outline of an ab or two, never saw em before, wanna see if theyre actually there
    You need to recalculate your TDEE and stop drinking so much.

Alcohol has more of an influence on physique than only calories.

You can do an hour of cardio every day but if you let lose every weeked then they cancel each other out.

I've gone to a state University and been in your exact situation.

You can hold a lot of extra weight as water weight because fluids are very dense.

Honestly when I hear you say your weigh ins might be skewed by water weight it sounds like an excuse to eat like crap during the weekend.

You're estimating way too much in all areas to meet your goals.

Unless you are experienced with weight loss you need to know your weekly TDEE and and calorie intake to lose weight.

It's a heck of a lot easier to lose weight when drinking a six pack of light beer when you want to party.

To compensate for the calories from a six pack all you have to do is skip a meal that day.

I think you have the wrong impression of my drinking habits haha. At the most is once a week, and if I know Im drinking I typically skip dinner. But, as mentioned, last weekend was superbowl weekend and i definitely over ate which is why I think weigh in may have been skewed. The weekend before I believe I also went out once. Those were probably the only 2 days I cheated badly in a month.

I think you have the wrong impression of my drinking habits haha. At the most is once a week, and if I know Im drinking I typically skip dinner. But, as mentioned, last weekend was superbowl weekend and i definitely over ate which is why I think weigh in may have been skewed. The weekend before I believe I also went out once. Those were probably the only 2 days I cheated badly in a month.
    I think you have the wrong idea of what cheating while dieting is supposed to be.

A cheat meal for me would be half a pound of barilla protein plus pasta with homemade marinara and 2 dozen clams or mussels.

I'd maybe have one meal like that a week.
    songdog and stillernation like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I agree with Numbere bro one does't drink a 1/2 bottle of vodka and then go out for a few.While you have done good now comes the hard part.And if you need a 1/2 bottle of vodka too have a good time your weightloss is going too be short lived.
    stillernation likes this.

If it were easy, everyone would be shredded.
    stillernation likes this.

Aint that the truth. Welp no time like the present, time to buckle down for the remaining few weeks

Ill post a pic nd update here and there til im at 185

Ok guys heres where im at. 185lbs, 12 weeks in, started at 215. Watcha think? Bf? Think i should drop 5 or 10 more first?
    Last edited by stillernation; 04-04-2017 at 07:59 PM.

gymmonster is offline Associate Member
    Great job man. Thats some real progress.

Thanks man, feeling good. I think i still need to lose another 5 or 10 so i can look like that without flexing. Nd i was carb depleted so i looked a lil leaner than I actually am

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    look at all the hard work you put in, kudos to you for kicking ass!

looks like the guys got you sorted out

keep on keeping on!!!

Thank ya I appreciate it. Yeah i learned my lesson about patience my first two cycles, if i et advice im taking it now.

I believe Im going to cycle test prop nd nlp when im done rather then the test and tren . Ill prob cut 10 more lbs so I have some wiggle room during a clean bulk. That way Ill prob keep this bf look with additional muscle.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Numbere, you mean first day of Spring naturally?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Thats what happens when Numbere drinks vodka ... Maybe you drink some as well Tar, spring starts in March, Summer in June (if you are in the north hemisphere, of course)

Op, congrats on the diet, but lose the alcohol. Why you need alcohol to go out anyways?? Are you telling me you cannot have fun unless you are drinking? Try it, maybe you will be surprised by how you see your friends and the whole night out when you are drinking water.
    hammerheart likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^

I second BB, alcohol is overrated, embrace sobriety instead, and build overall better yourself other than body alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Thats what happens when Numbere drinks vodka ... Maybe you drink some as well Tar, spring starts in March, Summer in June (if you are in the north hemisphere, of course)

Op, congrats on the diet, but lose the alcohol. Why you need alcohol to go out anyways?? Are you telling me you cannot have fun unless you are drinking? Try it, maybe you will be surprised by how you see your friends and the whole night out when you are drinking water.
    Jesus everyone is implying im an alcoholic lol. I didnt mean it like that, but i do enjoy going out nd getting wrecked now nd again. Anyways, I have cut out alcohol since the original post aside from my friends bday. I dont think i would have lost much if I didnt, weight aint droppin like it did at 215 haha.

I agree my friend, i know all too well the negative effects of boozin. However I do stand by anything in moderation, not including meth or heroin.

So idk Id guesstimate 19% bf rn, Im dry in this pic, plus flexing hard as fxck so Id say 19 to be safe. Any estimate on how much longer it would take to get under 15%? Would 4 weeks be reasonable assuming i stay at a deficit of 7000 calories a week? My goal is essentially to have some visibility of abs without flexing or being carb depleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Haha I completely screwed up those dates.

So idk Id guesstimate 19% bf rn, Im dry in this pic, plus flexing hard as fxck so Id say 19 to be safe. Any estimate on how much longer it would take to get under 15%? Would 4 weeks be reasonable assuming i stay at a deficit of 7000 calories a week? My goal is essentially to have some visibility of abs without flexing or being carb depleted.
    Yeah somewhere around 18-19% safe estimate.

The lower your bf gets the more difficult it becomes to lose weight.

If I were in your situation I'd actually increase calories and aim for a 3,500 weekly calorie deficit.

Having a lower calorie deficit will increase the time it takes for you to reach your goal but decreases the amount of lean tissue loss.

UPDATE: 16 weeks, 178lbs. Down 37lbs
    Attachment 168552
    Attachment 168553
    Last edited by stillernation; 04-04-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Thread Information