Read and learn is offline New Member

Plateau in weight loss is REAL

Ok guys wont write a book but here is a problem i am dealing with. And please dont bash too bad..i deserve some but be easy lol.

Ok started my diet Dec 27th which consisted of egg whites. Chicken boobs..and a ton of water.

My weight was 238lbs and 5'8 bf around 30-35. So i eat egg whites in morning and chicken breast for dinner 8-10oz fry it with cabbage. Cals would be 1200-1500 ed (i know its too low) but as of today i am 198lbs. Great right? Well its been tough suppose to have a cheat day every 5 days..i was full out with this diet decided to have a cheat day every 10 days and it was still low cal...and felt guilty even eating a slice of pizza

Energy levels suck as i know i am not getting the proper nutrition. I started training in gym 3 weeks ago 3-4 days a week (shift work is hard to get in more ) anyways i do 45-60 mins on elliptical. And spend about 45 mins lifting. Back/legs---shoulders/tris---bi's and calves...also do a little abs after every workout.

OK PROBLEM
    I havnt lost a pound in a week..was averaging 6-9 lbs a week. My goal is 180lbs and 10-15 BF.
    Been reading believe me but everybody is little different can you folks take a min or 2 to get me back on track with diet even a new workout. Cant believe i havnt had any startches...bread...sugar...i do feel a bit slugglish but i feel great that i have shed 39lbs in 6 weeks. Ok bash away lol..

Thx guys need help
    Last edited by Read and learn; 02-09-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Do you know specifically what your macro breakdown is. If your eating 12-1500 cal per day, what's the protein carbs and fats.

As for the cardio. Try splitting it up. Try 30min in the morning (or when you get up) and 30 min in the evening( or before you go to bed).

If splitting up the cardio is not an option I wouldnt go longer, I would consintrate on upping the intensity.
    Last edited by Nephets; 02-09-2017 at 07:28 PM.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you are not eating enough, that is why you are tired

as Nephets eluded to, what are your macro breakdown for the cals you are eating

at 198, i think you could eat at 1900 cals and still lose some weight, if you are training hard.

lay out your current meal plan and we can critique it. there are plenty of ways to skin a cat!

Morning- 16oz egg whites (fried scrambled) 1 black coffee

Afternoon (3) hard boiled eggs

Evening - 10oz chicken breast fried with handfull of cabbage.

4-5 litres of water throughout day. And a coffee or 2 throughout day aswell.

Supps- powdered greens mixed with water and liv 52 tab.

Days at gym 3-4 same diet except after workout whey protien shake. Usually hit gym in evening around 8-10 pm.

Gonna go to the macro thread and tally it up...

So with my age, height & weight
    42yrs
    198lbs
    5'8

I should be at
    212g carbs
    212g protien
    47g fat

With my current diet no where near that.
    Evet 10 days i do haveca cheat day. Mostly rice/chicken leg keep skin on..and for evening watching a flick popcorn butter. Staying away from all breads and sugar.

So my question is what can i change if someone has a diet plan. Weekly for my stats i could try i would appreciate it alot. Goal is to lose fat and build muscle in the process. I am guessing i am at 20%BF currently honestly maybe 25 max

solit1ea is offline Junior Member
    I would SLOWLY up your calories to about 1800-2200. If you can add a day of working out too, or even a day of HIIT thrown in there (should take you longer than 30 min with a warm up, cool down, and stretching included). Me personally, I'm not a big fan of having "dedicated" cheat days. I keep my macros consistent and if I feel the need to have a cheat day I will have one, but its more a cheat MEAL not an entire day. I go by feel on this and it could be once a week, or once a month. If I feel tired or lethargic, my workouts are starting to suck, or I'm getting flat, I'll throw a cheat meal in.

Like I said, personally i do a marco breakdown of 50/30/20 for Carbs/Pro/ Fats. I'm not afraid of carbs, and I gain weight really fast (and I was a little meatball growing up too), but I play the carbs to my advantage. Pre/post/post/post workout are when I eat the majority of my carbs.

You may also want to look into Fasted Cardio and Intermittent Fasting....

Ok wil give it a try

Adde 1/2 cup of oatmeal to morning..and pre workout. I also have 2 brand new bottles of BCAA should i start using pre/post workout? I add glutamine to my post workout shake..

I know its wrong thread but does super sets to failure help in fat loss/ muscle gain?

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Chicken boobs lol. Is tht a real food lol

Love my chic boobs

Thread Information