Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Help rebuilding my bod!

ZoomyR6 is offline Junior Member

Help rebuilding my bod!

Hey guys,

I have been dieting for the past 14 months utilizing IF (two 24hr fasts a week). When I started, I weighed in at 272lbs. I am currently 212lbs and feeling great. I am, however, having a hard time continuing losing more fat. I started working out doing Wendler 531 11 months ago 3x/week. Fat loss has stalled in the past but I simply ate maintenance for 2 weeks and started IF again with success. This time, it isn't working so I come here for help. The biggest thing I love about IF is that its flexible and I really don't have to worry about counting calories. I have tried that in the past along with weighing everything that I put in my mouth and there was no way I could live like that. I finally found a style that I love.

I recently started feeling weaker in the gym and contributed that to not being in too large a deficit so I am currently only fasting 1 day a week and feel a little better in the gym. I am looking for some guidance. I am scared to increase my calories because I don't want to go back to that place where I once was.

Please help to rebuild my bod!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What is your maintenance calories? Thing is, if you hit a standstill and you don't know what you are eating then how do you change it? Calories in versus calories out rule when it comes to manipulating body weight.

I think you should switch to a hyper trophy workout too.

How much cardio do you do and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    What is your maintenance calories? Thing is, if you hit a standstill and you don't know what you are eating then how do you change it? Calories in versus calories out rule when it comes to manipulating body weight.

I think you should switch to a hyper trophy workout too.

How much cardio do you do and when?
    My maintenance is about 3100. I always read a full body compound workout is the best for fat loss. Why hypertrophy?
    As far as cardio, I haven't done any thus far. I lost the 60lbs with IF and lifting with heavy compound exercises. I always thought cardio was great for cardiovascular health but not completely necessary for fat loss. It's all about nutrition, no?

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomyR6 View Post
    My maintenance is about 3100. I always read a full body compound workout is the best for fat loss. Why hypertrophy?
    As far as cardio, I haven't done any thus far. I lost the 60lbs with IF and lifting with heavy compound exercises. I always thought cardio was great for cardiovascular health but not completely necessary for fat loss. It's all about nutrition, no?
    When you stall you need to change something that was not done before. Lowering calories is always my last option, personally. Adding cardio is a great option to throw something at your body that was not there before in your case. I love HIIT training as it requires less time and burns way more. You could try any type of cardio for a few weeks and see if you break this plateau.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    When you stall you need to change something that was not done before.
    +1

fasted cardio would be an option

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ps: start a daily log. This way the gurus could help you fine tune.

SM
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomyR6 View Post

In your other thread you were talking about running a cycle to gain muscle to increase BMR. There is no lifting programme that is best for fat loss really, other than the one that increases LBM.

As far as cardio, I haven't done any thus far. I lost the 60lbs with IF and lifting with heavy compound exercises. I always thought cardio was great for cardiovascular health but not completely necessary for fat loss. Wow, just wow, so bodybuilders and physique athletes don't do cardio to lose bodyfat?! It's all about nutrition, no?
    It's not all about nutrition no but it is a massive part of it. If your nutrition is lacking as well as your lifting and cardio then you will stall.

As tarmy says, better to add cardio than drop cals.

Best to not starve yourself if you are trying to build muscle either.

It's your call, when you decide what you want post it up and we can square you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    It's not all about nutrition no but it is a massive part of it. If your nutrition is lacking as well as your lifting and cardio then you will stall.

As tarmy says, better to add cardio than drop cals.

Best to not starve yourself if you are trying to build muscle either.

It's your call, when you decide what you want post it up and we can square you away.
    Well I want to lose my jiggly stomach pouch and continue losing fat without looking like I have AIDS.
    I will incorporate jumping rope and daily walks for now

If you haven't done any cardio you're prime to do some now. Cardio does a couple of things for you. It burns off extra calories and it submits your body to cardiovascular stress that your body's not used to. In either case, you will lose weight. I do cardio two to 3 times per week because I don't want my body to get used to the cardio workouts. Your body's so smart it will adapt to the new cardio load really fast. Then you have to do more cardio or more diet or more of something to get the same result. Don't do muscle burning, hair on fire type of cardio. Just get on a bike and get your heart rate up to 80% of training and stay there for 20 to 30 minutes. BTW, congratulations on your weight loss. 60lbs over 14 months is awesome. You're consistent at little over a pound a week. Keep that weight loss pace so you don't get too much loose skin. Rapid weight loss makes your belly skin look like a large tongue. LOL
    ZoomyR6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    If you haven't done any cardio you're prime to do some now. Cardio does a couple of things for you. It burns off extra calories and it submits your body to cardiovascular stress that your body's not used to. In either case, you will lose weight. I do cardio two to 3 times per week because I don't want my body to get used to the cardio workouts. Your body's so smart it will adapt to the new cardio load really fast. Then you have to do more cardio or more diet or more of something to get the same result. Don't do muscle burning, hair on fire type of cardio. Just get on a bike and get your heart rate up to 80% of training and stay there for 20 to 30 minutes. BTW, congratulations on your weight loss. 60lbs over 14 months is awesome. You're consistent at little over a pound a week. Keep that weight loss pace so you don't get too much loose skin. Rapid weight loss makes your belly skin look like a large tongue. LOL
    Thank man. Much appreciated. I actually achieved if much faster than that. I just have been at this weight for about 3 months now :/
    I will start doing some form of cardio then, thats for sure. Most likely jumping rope and long walks here and there. I assume anything at this point will yield further fat loss.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by ZoomyR6; 03-06-2017 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Thread Information