4love is offline Female Member

vegan nutrition posts?

Hiyas- I forgot HOW much info is on this site *mind swirling with mass of information

but I just cant seem to find any meal plans or suggestions for protein sources if your an only vegan person...could someone direct me by chance pah-leese?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You won't find much support here vegan diets.

Your best bet is to look for reputable outside sources.

Besides the obvious tofu and legumes one of my favorite vegan sources of protein is texturized vegetable protein (TVP).

With TVP and legumes you can make some awesome chillies.

TVP is a great substitute for anytime ground meat is used.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i been vegetarian for about 10 years and vegan for 4. Sadly bbing sites generally are not big sources of vegan or veggie lifestyles/beliefs and many will shit on you at even the mention of not eating meat or stating you donot need it to live or build muscle (not this site, steroid is one of the more mature ones)
    having said that its a learning process and you gather from multiple sources and remember or write down.
    but some tips (some mentioned):
    -TVP (there is small chunks good for ground beef type dishes or chillies, and larger ones you can use in place of say chicken or beef or what ever you want to add extra protein too.

-beans,legumes

-Nuts (great for healthy fats, cals and protein)

-tofu is ok

- Mock/substitues meats (go for organic, non gmo and minimal processing if possible)

- avoid any soy that is not non-gmo and organic, soy is one of the dirtiest crops out there used as filler etc. but there is good soy products if you use some sense

and just google "vegitables/foods high in protein"

I also rec add supp vitd and b12, good for body and energy.

broccoli and some others are pretty good for calcium as well.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ohh and i rec getting/using a big cast iron pan for most of your cooking when possible. it adds a bit of iron to the body over time from cooking your food on it and is good when living meat free, i mean MANY veggies have iron and i make sure to eat those also, but i still rec the iron pan for a bit more. plus its better than that toxic Teflon coated crap most people (and myself at times, but rarely) use now a days to cook.

its been years since i looked for any specific sources as I know what i need to (i think lol) but ill think of some sites maybe iv used and post up here, maybe they will help. some my wife and I use are:
    Minimalist Baker | Simple Food, Simply Delicious
    Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Meal Plans and Themes | One Green Planet
    https://www.vegansociety.com/resources/recipes

pretty good stuff IMO
    Last edited by Juced_porkchop; 03-20-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Information