Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard Cabeza

Thread: I borked my metabolism

kingfish is offline Junior Member

I borked my metabolism

Been struggling with diet forever. The cycle repeats every time I get motivated - the first two weeks or so I get 5 or 6 lbs off then the weight loss stops. I logged everything I ate for a week and found out I was averaging 1800-2000 cals daily when my requirement is 3000 to maintain my weight (285lb). So I started adding a protein shake with banana for a quick & easy 450 cals to get my system working again. But my biggest problem is diet planning. It's such a PITA to plan meals and try to get macros close to where they should be that I just never stick with it and go back to old habits of not eating enough. How does everyone else do it when they have weight to lose? Is there diet planning software for this?
    Last edited by kingfish; 04-08-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    MyFitnessPal

TBH, it's much easier when you have some set meals and eat pretty much the same thing each day.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    MyFitnessPal

TBH, it's much easier when you have some set meals and eat pretty much the same thing each day.
    Agree, I do exactly that too. After I get into a groove I don't like straying away from what I eat. So helps with cravings.

One tip I like to do, I make sure my macros are all fulfilled each meal. So proper amounts of carbs/fats/protein. So I don't have to worry about catching back up on one towards the end of the day.

When I'm in diet mode I tend to eat the same thing every day for a week or two then I need a change. Where do folks go to get help with diet planning?

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfish View Post
    Been struggling with diet forever. The cycle repeats every time I get motivated - the first two weeks or so I get 5 or 6 lbs off then the weight loss stops. I logged everything I ate for a week and found out I was averaging 1800-2000 cals daily when my requirement is 3000 to maintain my weight (285lb). So I started adding a protein shake with banana for a quick & easy 450 cals to get my system working again. But my biggest problem is diet planning. It's such a PITA to plan meals and try to get macros close to where they should be that I just never stick with it and go back to old habits of not eating enough. How does everyone else do it when they have weight to lose? Is there diet planning software for this?
    My fitness pal and stay consistent, try learning new recipes to keep you interested if you like cooking, most guys eat the same stuff day in and day out and its just habit but if you need a break from the monotony then challenge yourself to find healthy replacements and make meals that will fit in your macro and calorie goals. Its all about adherence at the end of the day and staying consistent, doesn't matter how you do it as long as you do it, my fitness pal is an amazing tool I'd honestly be lost without it
    Last edited by Richard Cabeza; 04-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Another tip is don't log your food throughout the day log it the day before at the very least so you have a plan set in place and its easier to just look at what it is you need to it

Mfp allows you to add more meals, it starts you off with 3 but in the settings you can add additional meals and label them, this helps me with timing in a major way.

Every night i just log my food for tge next day and follow it, if i want to deviate I'll delete stuff and add stuff and play with it until its right and then I'll go ahead with a different meal or item than what i logged, after awhile you know what you can have as a replacement and it just becomes easier, remember anyone can go hit the gym and lift for an hour the true discipline is in the nutrition and sticking to it, its just will power and understanding that those cravings aren't worth fucking up your goals, its really about adjusting your relationship with food and how you view it, its just fuel and thats it

Log food the day before? Worth a try, thx.

Thread Information