JDToronto is offline Associate Member

Diet Advice please.

Hey, I've been given advice to post what I eat here to see if what I'm eating is too much or too little.

I'm at plateau in my work out, either I need to change the exercises I do or apparently eat more.

Here's the thing, I need to lose body fat and weight so when I gave someone on another site my typical "diet" they told me I need to eat less to trim down.

Typical diet is;

Breakfast: 2 eggs, egg whites, slice of grain bread and some cream cheese.

Pre Workout Snack:Granola/oats mix scoop of whey protein

After Workout: Casein Protein/Whey Protein/banana

Dinner: Vegetables (cucumber, radish, carrots) Breaded Chicken Filets with dip (homemade; yogurt, mayo and mustard mix), OR 7 oz steak, OR Rainbow Trout 8 oz, OR 2 of either chicken/turkey/beef burgers with two slices of whole grain bread with the burgers only.

Pre Sleep Protein: Whey and Casein.

But on weekdays I eat a more because for some reason at work I'm more hungry, so for snack between breakfast and lunch, (since I eat breakfast at 6:30am) I eat grain bread with peanut butter and I tend to eat another one after lunch and then again when I'm driving home around 5pm before dinner. So that, I know I need to cut out, as it could be the reason I'm not slimming down.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Any idea what your body fat is. How much weight are you trying to lose. To give a proper answer can you post how many calories your currently eating. Do you know the ratio of protein fats and carbs. What's your training look like. Are you ding any cardio. If so, what kind. With your current diet, do you find you are hungry or do you feel you have room to eat less food without too much of an issue.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A lot of crap food in there. Drop all bread and anything breaded your dips are also likely loaded with shit fat and useless calories. No more cream cheese either. No more burgers either basically your diet is crap peanut butter on bread is also not for cutting. You could have a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter as long as it fits macros. Your diet sucks regardless of macros your calorie sources almost all need to change.

JoeyToronto is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    A lot of crap food in there. Drop all bread and anything breaded your dips are also likely loaded with shit fat and useless calories. No more cream cheese either. No more burgers either basically your diet is crap peanut butter on bread is also not for cutting. You could have a spoonful or 2 of peanut butter as long as it fits macros. Your diet sucks regardless of macros your calorie sources almost all need to change.
    All I got from your informative post is my diet is crap, how about recommend what to replace it with, you sound extremely knowledgeable. Very.

Btw, the burgers are butcher made, not from fast food joints, meat is meat and it's pure meat.
    Last edited by JoeyToronto; 04-23-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyToronto
    All I got is that the diet sucks, how about recommended what to replace it with then, you sound extremely knowledgeable. Very.
    your going to need add more whole foods. Chicken breast and lean steak cuts are fine. You also need good carbs... Sweet potato, yams, brown rice, Ezekiel bread etc. look in my thread in the lounge extreme lifestyle with Bio and Nach. I lost out everything that I eat each day. That will give you a few ideas of good food sources

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Any idea what your body fat is. How much weight are you trying to lose. To give a proper answer can you post how many calories your currently eating. Do you know the ratio of protein fats and carbs. What's your training look like. Are you ding any cardio. If so, what kind. With your current diet, do you find you are hungry or do you feel you have room to eat less food without too much of an issue.
    I'm trying to fit in more cardio, 30 mins 3x a week of treadmill. I tend to get hungry every 3 hours. I work out 5x a day, heavy weight, longer rest periods (2.5 mins) and lower reps. Maybe 30 lbs, I would like to lose. I don't know exactly.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    definitely make some better food choices. If you don't think you can eat less food and sustain that kind of lifestyle then you will have to increase your energy output. That can be more cardio or maybe try shortening the rest periods during your workouts.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    30 minutes 3 times a week is not enough cardio to cut. Bump that up to 1 hour.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    30 minutes 3 times a week is not enough cardio to cut. Bump that up to 1 hour.
    Yea, well, if I want my muscle to break down due to too much cardio that's a way to go. I've never heard anywhere, even if someone needs to lose weight while weight lifting to do 1 hr of cardio 3x a week.

Thread Information