Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sicko

Thread: Cutting Fat AND MUSCLE!

Strongblood is offline Productive Member

Cutting Fat AND MUSCLE!

I just can win for losing! I've been cutting weight for about 8 weeks, and thought I was doing a pretty good job. I lost fat in my gut where I wanted to the most. And didn't lose much weight overall. So I'm thinking recomp great! The problem is I can tell I increased size in my shoulders and arms but I have lost muscle mass in my chest! My chest should look great since I trimmed down my gut. But it doesn't! How in the heck can a guy gain muscle mass in the shoulders, arms, and even traps. But lose in the chest! I just don't get it.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    I just can win for losing! I've been cutting weight for about 8 weeks, and thought I was doing a pretty good job. I lost fat in my gut where I wanted to the most. And didn't lose much weight overall. So I'm thinking recomp great! The problem is I can tell I increased size in my shoulders and arms but I have lost muscle mass in my chest! My chest should look great since I trimmed down my gut. But it doesn't! How in the heck can a guy gain muscle mass in the shoulders, arms, and even traps. But lose in the chest! I just don't get it.
    You didn't train chest as good as you thought

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    you originally held water in your pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by matt thebeard
    you originally held water in your pecs?
    Well I cut during a cruise. But there probably was some water retention there. I sure thought I was doing a good fairly slow cut without compromising any muscle tissue. However after looking at a photo of myself this morning I could easily tell I had lost definition in my pecs. I'm gonna get them back better than ever though. Nothing hard work won't take care of. And this time with less fat to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd
    You didn't train chest as good as you thought
    I'm afraid I must have slacked a bit on them Couch!

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    Well I cut during a cruise. But there probably was some water retention there. I sure thought I was doing a good fairly slow cut without compromising any muscle tissue. However after looking at a photo of myself this morning I could easily tell I had lost definition in my pecs. I'm gonna get them back better than ever though. Nothing hard work won't take care of. And this time with less fat to worry about.
    Probably didn't really lose as much muscle as you think. You'd be surprised at how much a little fat on the pecs can give the illusion of much larger muscles. Doesn't mean you have to have moobs to carry extra fat on and around the pectoral muscles. Sounds more like you just cut off the little bit of extra fat around pecs making them "appear" smaller. Did you drop in strength or just size?
    RaginCajun likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    We can't always get wat we want sucks though.

Thread Information