hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member

Recent weight gain -> need to diet

So duh, after a major weight loss back in 2013 (70+ lbs) I'm in the need of a consistent weight loss again, after literally letting myself go in recent times.

My weight record says I was 160 pounds on 3-5-17 and right now two months later I'm at 185. That's pure FAT, and maybe some water.

I need 1) this to stop 2) reverse the process 3) avoid excessive muscle tissue loss. I'm small and I don't have that much muscle, but I've managed to regain some muscle that was lost with dieting four years ago and with low T thereafter (my quads literally burned away).

Height is 5'10'' (178cm), BF imo is around 25%.

Let's say intended weight loss is 8kg over a ~two months period, that means 1k kc deficit daily, how much muscle tissue can I expect to loose?

TDEE where I maintain weight is 2250-2500kc depending on activity level. With cardio, I can raise it to 3000+.

Diet hence should consist of 2000-2250 kc daily. Not anything low carb, it puts my stress levels through the roof.

Does this plan sound reasonable? My dieting knowledge is outdated, pls enlighten me.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    As I know you like studies and data this could come in handy: https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/arti...970-015-0100-0

A 1K deficit will make you lose somewhat more muscle. Is there a reason you are not eating at maintenance and letting training create the deficit? Why the rush? Is there a need to accelerated weight loss or is that in your mind?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I'd say the slower you lose the weight the more muscle you will be able to hang on to

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    As I know you like studies and data this could come in handy: https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/arti...970-015-0100-0

A 1K deficit will make you lose somewhat more muscle. Is there a reason you are not eating at maintenance and letting training create the deficit? Why the rush? Is there a need to accelerated weight loss or is that in your mind?
    Well, the reason for a quick loss is I hate being fat, I developed horrid pseudogyno that looks very bad, haven't been this fat in years, so I just want it to disappear, not to mention summer is approaching and I'm still a virgin.

This is also the rate I used to lose weight back then, I ended up very lean but skinny (don't have a better photo unfortunately):

Recent weight gain -> need to diet-sept13.png

was feeling very healthy and strong though (much more than now), and wasn't even on hormones, I take T4+T3 for hypothyroidism and T3 might prevent metabolism from slowing down for some extent, and I'm also on TRT.

I'm actually pointing to eating at maintenance and let training do the hob, I just fixed and hard limit at 2000kc for simplicity, eventually I'll always end up taking in 10% more.

Thanks for the link, but I don't fancy high protein diets, my usual intake is 2g/kg (~1g/lb).

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I always recommend the ketogenic diet for anyone looking to lose fat, keep muscle, and do it quickly, but you say low carbs is too stressful. Perhaps the low carbs part isn't the stressful part, but you're not keeping electrolytes intake up, or getting enough vitamin intake, etc. Is there a reason you don't want to do low carb? I was very stressed at first on this diet, because I wasn't consuming enough fat, salt, and electrolytes. If you're on TRT, and can add some things like clen , and stick to the diet and keep a solid workout plan and cardio up, there is no reason you can't see drastic changes in no time!

I can help you with a meal plan if you want. This is not a stressful diet, but it is easy to fall off if you have a social life and like to go out drinking with friends.

I eat bacon, whole eggs with pico, cheese, salami, peanuts, dark chocolate (preferably 90% cacao), low carb guac, bacon cheeseburgers with mayo and avocado (the higher fat meat the better), and my favorite JALAPENO POPPERS! I have nonstop energy (it's 3 am right now and I could easily go for a light jog and I already did HIIT cardio earlier).

Let me know if you want help!

Thread Information