kbronss is offline Junior Member

Never done any kind of cutting cycle

And so far zero progress even after I completely did a 180 on my eating habits. Actually started gaining weight, I'm guessing it's from more muscle cause my belly and jean size hasn't changed at all. For now my question is it alright to feel hungry? I'm a hard gainer so whenever I feel hungry I'm thinking my body is just gonna use muscle for source of whatever it needs. Bad thing is I live a block away from a jack in the box. I know I can just eat more but by this time I've already ate all the meals that I have.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbronss View Post
    And so far zero progress even after I completely did a 180 on my eating habits. Actually started gaining weight, I'm guessing it's from more muscle cause my belly and jean size hasn't changed at all. For now my question is it alright to feel hungry? I'm a hard gainer so whenever I feel hungry I'm thinking my body is just gonna use muscle for source of whatever it needs. Bad thing is I live a block away from a jack in the box. I know I can just eat more but by this time I've already ate all the meals that I have.
    Meal plan for the week. That way you are not tempted to eat that crap. It is a death sentence IMO.
    Keep a log of your daily food intake including the protein, fats & carbs & total cal.
    That is the only way you will truly know what you need to do/adjust to reach your goals.
    What are your stats and goals. Your post is kind of vague?

Yeah sorry, I'm a total newb at dieting. And I mean zero knowledge. I'm taking things slow but at this point I just want to know if feeling hungry is normal.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbronss View Post
    Yeah sorry, I'm a total newb at dieting. And I mean zero knowledge. I'm taking things slow but at this point I just want to know if feeling hungry is normal.
    I eat at a fairly regular schedule of every two hours. I get hungry all the time but am satisfied with my snack or meal every time.
    Does that make sense? Basically what I'm saying is I don't have to look at the clock to know its time to eat. My stomach tells me.
    But I do not feel the need to eat after my snack or meal right away like I didn't get enough.
    I do not "diet" per say but rather choose my foods carefully. I do not starve myself or feel cheated after a meal.
    Quite the opposite actually. I have always eaten pretty good but have changed my lifestyle fully for about 6 years now.
    I am still amazed at how much food I actually eat and able to maintain with the proper exercise. If you feel hungry after you finish your meal then you need to eat more clean foods such as lean meats, complex carbs and healthy fats.
    That is why I stated you need to write down everything you eat in a day. I mean everything. Include the quantity and macros (protein, carbs, fat & total calories) this will allow you to see what and how much you are putting into your body and what useless calories can be eliminated and what of your macros you can increase in order to be able to eat more.
    If you are hard gainer or ectomorph it can be hard to get enough calories by eating clean foods. You would be amazed at how much you can eat if it is not loaded up with sugar calories and trans fats etc...
    Take the first step on your own & start by writing down the amount of daily foods eaten and macros for each and then come back and post it up in the Diet & Nutrition forum and some of the guru's will definitely help you out.

A usual day would probably be like this...
    3 or 4 whole scrambled eggs with a slice of thick ham. Right away I drink half cup of cooked oats with protein. That's my breakfast and leaves me full and energy for the gym.
    After the gym it'll be two tilapias with whole grain rice. By this time it's around 1pm. 3/4 maybe 5 I'll have two chicken breasts with sweet potatoe. I try to eat again around 9 some meat with sweet potatoes again but sometimes I'm too tired. Or maybe a can of tuna. After each meal I'm feeling full but not for long. Financially I can't eat that much lol.
    But I started eating clean from one day to the next and I have seen zero changes. Something has to be wrong, I know I'm doing something wrong but don't know what. And I use to eat everything before, pizza chips burgers donuts.

I shouldn't be gaining fat from the new way of eating. Especially being a hard gainer. If you look at me in person you couldn't tell I'm 205lbs with 25%. And I'm only 5'9. Don't have a belly but no six pack. With a tshirt on I'm very defined.

Thread Information