Autino is offline New Member

Dieting like a natty while on the sauce - Help me wrap my head around this!

Stats
    41 years old
    Male
    15 years training
    TRT 11 years
    Multiple cycles ran over the years

Current cycle
    150 Test p /wk
    525 Tren a /wk
    600 Masteron /wk
    50 Winny ED
    75 T3 ED
    Letro 2.5 EOD
    Caber .25 EOD
    Herbal liver support of various types

So on to the diet.
    I cannot seem to get my head around the idea that gear allows us to eat more calories. Is this wrong?

I usually start my calories around body weight x 12, and slowly reduce carbs and fat as my fat loss stalls. By the time I am a week out from a show I am usually down around BW x 8 or so.

My thought is that the gear will help preserve muscle while in a caloric deficit and thus, I can go hard on my deficit due to increased nutrient partitioning

Coach says that I have been dieting like a natty but since I am on gear, I can afford more wiggle room with my diet. More food/calories and the gear will help partition the nutrients better and I will still make progress.
    It does kind of make sense that eating more food than I am used to would aid in recovery, strength, size and metabolism health, which in turn could lead to improved fat loss with less of a deficit, but I still am hesitant to increase calories 7 weeks out from a show..

So, does gear allow you to eat more calories than you would be able to without it and still make steady fat loss progress?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    i'm not sure about the eating more calories but I would say its true that you have to be ready to bump up your calories quicker then normal to support the new muscle growth.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autino View Post
    Stats
    41 years old
    Male
    15 years training
    TRT 11 years
    Multiple cycles ran over the years

Current cycle
    150 Test p /wk
    525 Tren a /wk
    600 Masteron /wk
    50 Winny ED
    75 T3 ED
    Letro 2.5 EOD
    Caber .25 EOD
    Herbal liver support of various types

So on to the diet.
    I cannot seem to get my head around the idea that gear allows us to eat more calories. Is this wrong?

I usually start my calories around body weight x 12, and slowly reduce carbs and fat as my fat loss stalls. By the time I am a week out from a show I am usually down around BW x 8 or so.

My thought is that the gear will help preserve muscle while in a caloric deficit and thus, I can go hard on my deficit due to increased nutrient partitioning

Coach says that I have been dieting like a natty but since I am on gear, I can afford more wiggle room with my diet. More food/calories and the gear will help partition the nutrients better and I will still make progress.
    It does kind of make sense that eating more food than I am used to would aid in recovery, strength, size and metabolism health, which in turn could lead to improved fat loss with less of a deficit, but I still am hesitant to increase calories 7 weeks out from a show..

So, does gear allow you to eat more calories than you would be able to without it and still make steady fat loss progress?
    No, it's exactly the opposite.

Let's just use Tren for example. The reason it is used in beef production is that. On a pound for pound basis. It allows to the cow to eat the same amount of feed as a non Tren pellet cow but gain significantly more weight and in a shorter time frame.

Now let's flip that to humans and muscle gains. It allows a body builder to build muscle closer to the maintenance calorie intake when he was natty which in turns helps produce Lean mass gains with minimal fat gain for the same food intake.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Where as how your doing it now. According to your coach. You eat more and gain muscle which is true. But you also gain a fuck ton more fat, so when you go to diet you have to diet longer and harder to cut down since you have added more fat. That by the time you cut down you would have lost more muscle mass than if you had only moderately upper your intake and did a much easier cut

Thread Information