JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member

Do we count all the cals in Mission Low Carb Wrap???

I'm sure many of you know about the brand Mission, which makes giant whole wheat wraps that only have 6 net carbs. What confuses me is that it says 210 calories, but there is so much fiber, that you only get 6 net carbs; so to me it sounds that it would only be 24 calories to count as carbs left after the body is done processes this wrap., and the rest would be counted as normal (pro and fat) .. is that the case?

If so, then this wrap would only really be 105 calories when its all said and done.

Do we count all the cals in Mission Low Carb Wrap???-a1ya-evljjl._sy450_.jpg
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 06-02-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    I'm sure many of you know about the brand Mission, which makes giant whole wheat wraps that only have 6 net carbs. What confuses me is that it says 210 calories, but there is so much fiber, that you only get 6 net carbs; so to me it sounds that it would only be 24 calories to count as carbs left after the body is done processes this wrap., and the rest would be counted as normal (pro and fat) .. is that the case?

If so, then this wrap would only really be 105 calories when its all said and done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1YA-EvlJJL._SY450_.jpg 
Views:	2781 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	169549
    Not sure if I follow but calories are calories...some better than others, yes, but if it says 210 calories then you are still consuming 210 calories regardless from what classification of the macro chart they derive.

right, but from what i understand is that some fibers cannot actually be used by the body, cannot be digested and actually cost the body more energy to process and it gets nothing out of it; basically negative calories, as milos sarcev would call them..

in this case, "net carbs" is basically saying that all carbs are mostly fibers that cannot be used and that only 6 grams of those carbs will have an effect on blood levels...

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    right, but from what i understand is that some fibers cannot actually be used by the body, cannot be digested and actually cost the body more energy to process and it gets nothing out of it; basically negative calories, as milos sarcev would call them..

in this case, "net carbs" is basically saying that all carbs are mostly fibers that cannot be used and that only 6 grams of those carbs will have an effect on blood levels...
    With fiber you will still derive some calories from them. The intestinal bacterial will break down part of the fiber into fatty acids. By some estimates that can be as high as 1.33kcals/g. So figure that accordingly.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

interesting...

prenes is offline Junior Member
    while fiber is not broken down into simple sugar (which is what I presume you are understanding) it still provides a caloric plus to the intestine. Those calories count, the fiberous carbs will not count as sugar if you are considering a low carb diet.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I love these! I get the smaller ones, 80 cals a pop

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Over thinking it.

Just eat it

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1YA-EvlJJL._SY450_.jpg 
Views:	2781 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	169549
    It's not an easy question to answer and there is some confusion and debate. However, you need to distinguish between soluble and insoluble fiber. For some cases insoluble fiber would not count as calories because it is fibrous material and goes unchanged through the digestive system. If it's soluble it can be absorbed in the intestines and would count as calories. Some fiber is not absorbed but bacteria feed upon it and they produce short chain fatty acids which would count as calories. But very generally insoluble doesn't count and soluble does. Whatever the calories say on the package just take as correct.

High Desert Bill is offline New Member
    I did not know about these wraps. I'm going to look into these today. Excellent.

Thread Information