Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CharlesThe4th

Thread: Diet advice

1973426 is offline New Member

Diet advice

Hi guys ,

I am planning to lose some weight dreaming to get 10-15% of body fat . My body type is endomorph.
    I do a 1 hour fast walk every day and a light weight training exercise three days a week . I am planning to cut all sweets and eat high protein , according to my BMI printout I need 1570cl TDEE but I eat less calorie normally .
    Myfitnesspal shows less than 1500 cal a day for months and I am confused about my TDEE and why I got fat .
    Now I am planning to buy Bodybugg and check the exact TDEE per day .

Any advice please

My daily intake +/-
    1200 -1450 calories
    protein 150-200g
    Carb : 50-100g
    Fat : 20 - 30g

Breakfast
    Vitamin C :1000mg
    BioQ 1 2tablet
    GNC triple strength fish oil
    6 Egg white

10:30 protein Shake 25g (0carb /0 fat)

1:30 : boiled / grilled tilapia fish or chicken breast 8oz
    1cup steamed broccoli or 1/2 brown rice

4:30 one tuna in water 185 g

7:00 green salad with 8oz fish ,tuna or chicken breast mixed with little olive oil and vinegar (no mayo)

Thanks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your current weight?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Male Age 43
    Hight 5.6ft
    Weight 178 pounds
    Body fat 26.5%

This is just my two cents, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Personally I would drop your protein just a little to 1 gram per pound of body weight so roughly 175g of protein per day and I would raise my fats to ateast 50g per day. You don't want any less than that. Fats are important. Your foods look good though so I wouldn't change much there. You also need to stick to one calorie goal, so let's say you eat 1500 calories a day. Stick with that for a week, monitor your weight daily. That way you can adjust things if necessary. If at the end of the week you haven't lost any or barely lost any I would up my cardio before lowering my calories some more. Slower is better.

RaginCajun likes this.

I will do that and post the result , meanwhile I ordered the budybugg right now .
    thanks for the reply !!!!

No worries man, good luck. Post some progress!

Hi,
    I am using Fitbit charge 2 and it shows 2955 calories per day (24hours including sleeping ad all ) , so how much shall I eat to lose weight according to that ? The figure looks way above than I expected , I was eating much less for so long but I didn't hit my goal . I think I have to increase my calorie as my body is locked on starvation mode .

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by 1973426 View Post
    Hi,
    I am using Fitbit charge 2 and it shows 2955 calories per day (24hours including sleeping ad all ) , so how much shall I eat to lose weight according to that ? The figure looks way above than I expected , I was eating much less for so long but I didn't hit my goal . I think I have to increase my calorie as my body is locked on starvation mode .

Thanks in advance

According to the fit bit your tdee is 2955 so to lose weight you should eat below that so between 200-500 calories less per day. I can't tell for certain what's going on but something doesn't seem right, maybe fit bit isn't accurate? I'm a lot bigger than you and I'm eating 2,500 calories a day, roughly where you need to be at.

Also did you wear fit bit during a workout? If you did, then wear it one day when your not working out and let me know those numbers.

Okay I will do that , but these days I am on vacation and do a lot of mall walking , I did 12,000 steps yesterday but I am going to check both active and non active days days calorie and check the difference ,
    Thanks

Yeah, check your tdee on your off day. Just a normal day no walking, no lifting. See what that number is and check back in. You may be correct about being on a plateau but let's get your tdee and macros straight first.

Hi ,
    I had a chance to stay two days at home without any hard work resting and my Fitbit shows almost 2200 calories on each day. I have been eating less than this but I am confused why I didn't achieve my goal . Anyhow I decided to workout on my treadmill for one hour each day, usually I burn 450-500 calorie during my exercise anyhow I need some advice how much my deficit & macros should be , Helppppp :-)

Thanks in advance .

Well since you eat less than this every day I'd try a cheat day. Eat like a cow for a day and see if that doesn't Kickstart your metabolism again. After that I'd stick with about 1,700 calories.
    Most people like a 40/40/20 macro split but personally I like to lower my carbs and raise my fats. So for you it would look like protein 170, carbs 106, fats 66. Raise your cardio sessions to 550 calories burned. Stick with that for a week and check your weight. If still no progress up your cardio first then lower your calorie intake.

Okay I will try that !!!!

Thread Information