Thread: Diet Help

Cwb
    Cwb is offline New Member

Diet Help

I currently am 5'10 208 bf 17-19?....I've lost 22 pounds since I started my diet on June 1st (started at about 230). My goal is to get to about 185-190 @12-14% bf. I do 50 mins of cardio first thing in the morning 5 days a week. I live at home during the summer, so I cant always choose what I eat since i dont pay for groceries. I feel as though my progress is slowing.....I know it's my diet...it currently looks something like this;

9:00 am- 50 mins Cardio

10:00am- 40gm's Whey in water w/ 4-5 eggwhites and one slice of whole wheat bread. *Sometimes I'll have one can of tuna instead of the eggs.

12:00 pm- I have either a 6-8 oz. chicken breast or lean steak, depends on the day w/ a green veggy like green beans or a large salad-no dressing. 1 tbls flax oil.

1:00- Lift

2:00-50gms' whey in water

5:00 pm- What my family eats if it's high in protein low in carb, if not I repeat noon time meal and skip the flax.

7:00 pm- I may snack on some deli meat...boars head brand low sodium turkey or roast beef.

10-11:00 pm- 50gm shake w/ flax.

*I also take multi-vit in morn' and drink water constantly thru-out day.

I just wanted some advice on my diet, what I'm doing wrong ect? I can see great results just want to continue see'ing them and reach my goal. I know the deli meats aren't the best choice but it's tough when living at home and I do use mustard and hot sauce to season things such as meats and tuna. They do carry a good deal of sodium...atleast the hot sauce does i know. Any advice/comments welcome

Yung Wun is offline Member
    whats ur goals??trying to drop more BF?

Cwb
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung Wun
    whats ur goals??trying to drop more BF?

Yes my goal is to get to about 12% bf at around 185-190

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwb
    I currently am 5'10 208 bf 17-19?....I've lost 22 pounds since I started my diet on June 1st (started at about 230). My goal is to get to about 185-190 @12-14% bf. I do 50 mins of cardio first thing in the morning 5 days a week. I live at home during the summer, so I cant always choose what I eat since i dont pay for groceries. I feel as though my progress is slowing.....I know it's my diet...it currently looks something like this;

10:00am- 40gm's Whey in water w/ 4-5 eggwhites and one slice of whole wheat bread. *Sometimes I'll have one can of tuna instead of the eggs.

12:00 pm- I have either a 6-8 oz. chicken breast or lean steak, depends on the day w/ a green veggy like green beans or a large salad-no dressing. 1 tbls flax oil.

5:00 pm- What my family eats if it's high in protein low in carb, if not I repeat noon time meal and skip the flax.

7:00 pm- I may snack on some deli meat...boars head brand low sodium turkey or roast beef.

*I also take multi-vit in morn' and drink water constantly thru-out day.

I just wanted some advice on my diet, what I'm doing wrong ect? I can see great results just want to continue see'ing them and reach my goal. I know the deli meats aren't the best choice but it's tough when living at home and I do use mustard and hot sauce to season things such as meats and tuna. They do carry a good deal of sodium...atleast the hot sauce does i know. Any advice/comments welcome
    I really dont see to much wrong with it except i would go extremely catabolic with that small amount of food...think about this though...

10:00 am meal
    loose the bread and choose a better carb choice like 1 cup of Oatmeal, or brown rice....oatmeal would probably be better

12pm meal
    you need a carb source here, go with more oatmeal or some more brown rice, or a yam. Maybe ditch the salad and add brocolli

1:00--lift-- i would probably wait until evening to workout, you will burn fat better throughout the day better if you do this also...wait and go about 5pm if you can.

2pm-PWO meal
    add some dextrose or honey into that shake

*add another meal at 3-3:30...thats not smart to wait and eat your pwo meal at 5....make it simple...something like 2 cans of tuna or a chicken breast and some kind of carb, with a veggie*

5pm meal--move it to 6pm
    Screw what you family eats...stay clean and healthy with something like your noon meal.

ditch the 7pm meal--maybe add a snack of some natty pb or something if you have to.

make your 10-11:00 meal whole food:
    cottage cheese and chicken

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

- I'd ditch the whey and the bread, up the eggs to 8-10 egg whites, and 1 cup of oats

- You need some dextrose with your protein. Or at least use some honey or a gatorade.

- This meal you want absolutely no fat, high protein and some carbs to help replenish what you used up during your workout

Try to avoid deli meats, there full of nothing but fillers. Try some chicken breast or even some more tuna. Also some more fiborous green veggies could help fill you up some.

These are just my opinions on improvements on your diet.

Cwb
    thanks everyone for the input so far.....appreciate it

Thread Information