Thread: Adjusted Diet

RAMMEL is offline Junior Member

Adjusted Diet

Please check out my diet for LEAN MASS GAINS. I've made a few recent adjustments, so let me know your opinions:

6.30-7.00am Cardio Workout

Meal 1) Post Workout 1 (7.00am)
    30g Whey Protein, 53g Dextrose, 5g Creatine
    = 310 kcals, 25g Protein, 0.2g Complex Carbs, 50g Simple Carbs,
    1.8g Fats

Meal 2) Post Workout 2 (7.45am)
    30g Whey Protein, 80g Oatmeal
    = 401 kcals, 34g P, 47g C/C, 2.4g S/C, 8.2g F

Meal 3) 1/2 can Tuna, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice, 2 Slices W/meal Bread (10.00am)
    = 304 kcals, 31g P, 32g C/C, 2.8g S/C, 5g F

Meal 4) 1/2 can Tuna, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice, 2 Slices W/meal Bread (12.00pm)

Meal 5) 1/2 can Tuna, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice, 2 Slices W/meal Bread (2.00pm)

Meal 6) 1/2 can Tuna, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice, 2 Slices W/meal Bread (4.00pm)

4.45-6.00am Lifting Workout

Meal 7) Post Workout 1 (6.00pm)
    30g Whey Protein, 53g Dextrose, 5g Creatine
    = 310 kcals, 25g Protein, 0.2g Complex Carbs, 50g Simple Carbs,
    1.8g Fats

Meal 8) Post Workout 2 (7.00pm)
    30g Whey Protein, 80g Oatmeal
    = 401 kcals, 34g P, 47g C/C, 2.4g S/C, 8.2g F

Meal 9) Bedtime Snack (9.30)
    2 Whole eggs + 2 Low Fat Cheese Slices
    = 248 kcals, 22g P, 0.4g C/C, 1.6g S/C, 16g F

TOTALS (Approx.): 2900 kcals, 265g Protein, 225g Complex Carbs,
    115g Simple Carbs, 55g Fat

I know that the Low Fat Cheese Slices probably aren't the best choices but they are an easy way of adding a little bit extra protein and also some much needed flavour. Their nutritional content is 38 kc/4.5g P/0.8g C/2g F (per slice). Is it ok to include them???

I follow this diet very strictly Mon-Fri, and most of saturday but have maybe 2 beers on a Sat night.
    On a Sunday I do not follow my diet plan, but tend to stick to mostly healthy choices. This is because I spend most of Sunday at my Girlfriends parent's house and eat lunch with her family and such, and therefore find it hard to follow my plan. I know some of you guys have cheat meals, but is it ok to have a 'cheat day' like I do on a Sunday, as long as I don't go overboard.

I'm 5'11" and weigh 170lbs. I'm not looking to go into competitive bodybuilding, I just want to build some decent muscle size to help me with my rugby whilst minimizing/reducing my bodyfat levels.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

at first glance, I'd ask why you have dextrose and two carb meals in total after cardio??? Cardio is AEROBIC, or should be, not ANAEROBIC thus needing glycogen replinishment. U may also wish to take the cheese out, use something other than bread, and add some variety to your routine. There are more suggestions, but I'd start there first.

~SC~

The main reason I take the dextrose after my cardio session is to help with the absorbtion of the creatine. I then wait an hour before I consume some complex carbs and more protein (i.e. Oatmeal & Whey). Is this not necessary? What should my post-cardio meal consist of?

Also, what should my breakfast consist of on mornings that I do not do cardio, because I at the moment I have the same whey/dextrose/creatine shake as soon as I wake up, then the same oatmeal/whey meal an hour later. Any suggestions?

Do I even need to take the creatine twice a day (2x5g) or is this just wasting it? I didn't load up with it but noticed that a lot of the expensive creatine products include 10g of creatine per daily serving (same as my dosage).

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMMEL
    The main reason I take the dextrose after my cardio session is to help with the absorbtion of the creatine. I then wait an hour before I consume some complex carbs and more protein (i.e. Oatmeal & Whey). Is this not necessary? What should my post-cardio meal consist of?

Also, what should my breakfast consist of on mornings that I do not do cardio, because I at the moment I have the same whey/dextrose/creatine shake as soon as I wake up, then the same oatmeal/whey meal an hour later. Any suggestions?

Do I even need to take the creatine twice a day (2x5g) or is this just wasting it? I didn't load up with it but noticed that a lot of the expensive creatine products include 10g of creatine per daily serving (same as my dosage).
    Nope not necessary at all. You first meal should be in the forms of solid food and have a clean carb source and high protein source, low in fat.

Breakfast should be the same depending on what your goals are. If you cutting then you coul drop the carbs and if your bulking you could just keep it the same. Remember; this is your first meal of the day!

Nope once a day is fine. 10mg once per day.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well Swole and abstrack are on the money with the diet, but my views on the creatine are different. I take 5 gram (without dextrose) before I workout and 5 grams (with dextrose and protein) after my workouts.

You know what Big T, I did the same thing for a long time but lately I just cut back the creatine pre-workout and I just use it in post now. I have seen no really big difference.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I doubt there is much of a difference, just preference I guess. Your body is still getting 10grams a day and that's all that really matters to me.

I've been back to the drawing board, does this look any better:

Meal 1 (7.15am) 80g Oatmeal & 30g Whey Protein
    = 401.4 kcals, 33.7g Protein, 47g Complex, 2.4g Sugars, 8.2g Fats

Meal 2 (10.00am) 1/2 Tin Tuna, 2 Slices W/meal Bread, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice
    = 303.5 kc, 30.8g P, 32g C, 2.8g S, 5g F

Meal 3 (12.00pm) 1/2 Tin Tuna, 2 Slices W/meal Bread, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice + 60g Oatmeal
    = 517.1 kc, 37.4g P, 67.1g C, 3.7g S, 9.8g F

Meal 4 (2.00pm) 1/2 Tin Tuna, 2 Slices W/meal Bread, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice

Meal 5 (3.30pm) 1/2 Tin Tuna, 2 Slices W/meal Bread, 1 Low Fat Cheese Slice

4.00pm 5g Creatine w/ water

WEIGHTS WORKOUT (4.45-5.45pm)

Meal 6 (5.45pm) P.W.O. Shake w/ 70g Dextrose, 40g Whey Protein & 5g Creatine
    = 410.2 kc, 33.2g P, 0.26g C, 65.3g S, 2.4g F

Meal 7 (6.45pm) 80g Oatmeal & 30g Whey Protein
    = 401.4 kc, 33.7g P, 47g C, 2.4g S, 8.2g Fats

Meal 8 (9.30pm) 2 Whole Eggs & 3 Low Fat Cheese Slices
    = 286 kc, 26.6g P, 0.4g C, 2.4g S, 18g F

TOTALS (APPROX)
    Energy = 2927 kcals
    Protein = 257g
    Complex Carbs = 258g
    Simple Carbs = 85g
    Fats = 62g

Also, I'm considering dropping the morning cardio because I have rugby training on a Tues & Thurs evening, 6.30pm to 8.30pm, and I think I may struggle to gain.
    I'd say the rugby training sessions are pretty similar to U.S. Football training sessions, in that they involve running at various levels of intensity (i.e. jogging, running, sprinting) along with plyometrics and also a lot of contact/tackling work.

How should I re-arrange my evening meals to suit this type of work, bearing in mind that I finish Rugby Training at around 8.30-8.45pm and try to get to bed by 10.30pm???

Looks better but i would drop meal 8. Why eat some more fat at that late at night?? You just going to store it. You shoold have already replenished yourself during your PWo2 meal. protein allotment are kind of low but you have to see what works for you, and the carbs in some meal are a bit high IMO but then again you will have to see what works for you through trial and error
    abstrack@protonmail.com

1) I think I'm gonna split the 60g of Oatmeal in Meal 3 up and spread it out over meals 2-5 to even things up a bit.

2) I thought it was a good idea to consume some protein before bedtime, along with some fats to slow down digestion, in order to help with muscle recovery while I sleep.
    Maybe I should get hold of some casein protein powder (slow digesting) to replace meal 8. Do you agree?

The casein powder would be a better option IMO. I would not try to consume fats or carbs before bed.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ColdSore is offline Banned
    I would again cut out the bread and replace with sweet potato, brown rice or oatmeal...Loose the cheese, and bump the 1/2 cans of tuna to 1 or even 2 cans.

I would even make breakfast a little bigger with some eggs or another soilid food.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    I dont know what kind of tuna your eating but the stuff i have has 32 g protien for a whole can....if your half can does have 31g per 1/2 can then a half can is good.

Thread Information