another rookie needs diet help

cycle:
    Dbol 30mg wk weeks 1-4
    Deca 400mg wk weeks 3-12
    Test E 500mg wk weeks 1-12

Stats:
    32 y.o 189lbs BF? 19%

Goal:
    size & strength ... take in enough calories to support the gear while eating clean enough to burn some BF

my standard Ed diet is 3-4 ISOpure protein drinks (50g protein per drink) ED, Nitrotech with glutamine post workout (25mg protein), 6 egg whites per day (30g protein), then through out the day I'll eat one or two protein bars, chicken breast, tuna, lean steaks, etc.

Need some helps guys .. week two is today and I don't feel like I'm making progress.

thanks bro's!

ColdSore is offline Banned
    #1 where are the carbs?
    #2 way to many shakes and bars for meals...try to limit it to one before breakfast, one preworkout, one post workout.

Ill need a cal/carb/protien/fat breakdown of an example diet throughout the day.

But i will be glad to help....

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Ok, you need alot of help with your diet here. Could you give a better breakdown of what a typical day looks like for you, like times and what each meal consists of? Too many shakes, not enough real food. ditch the bars and eat a plate of real food. Give us a more detailed breakdown and I'd be glad to see where it needs improvements.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    thanks CS & BT ...
    My schedule varies from day to day. Some days I'm up at 5am other days 10am. Some days I'm driving most of the day others working from my home office.

When on the road I pack a few protein bars and a drink or two, I'll have those through out the day.

In the AM I always have one or some of the following: a protein drink, bagel, banana, yogart, hard boiled eggs.

Mid morning usually a protein bar and drink.

Afternoon depends on where I am and what I'm doing. Typically a salad at some hospital cafe. Maybe a protein bar or drink. Now if I'm home I'll usually have something prepared like chicken breast.

Mid afternoon protein bar or drink

Evening, dinner usually chicken breast, lean steak with a vegi. Always grilled, sometimes with a pasta or rice.

Late evening protein shake

Post workout Nitrotech w/glutamine

H20 all through out the day .. I really dont drink anything else (i.e juice or soda)

Need some help fella's

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I see your job doesn't allow much oppurtunity to eat right. My advice, learn to eat cold chicken and rice and pack an ice chest. I'll see if I can maybe help ya out later tonight if I get a chance bro.

ok ill give you an example diet, and like BT said you might have to learn to eat cold chicken and cold rice...its not that hard but its not as tasty either, hell we all have to suck it up and ajust sometimes.

meal #1
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 tblsp nat. PB
    8-10 egg whites or a protien shake

meal #2 1 or 2 cans of tuna or chicken breasts
    1/2 cup to 1 cup brown rice
    (anything green if you can)

meal #3 1or 2 cans of tuna or chicken breasts
    1/2 cup rice or a sweet potato
    (again anything green if you can)

Preworkout:
    1 cup oatmeal
    40-50g protien

Postworkout:
    40-50g protien
    50-75g dextrose

meal #4 (hour after PWO meal)
    2 chicken breasts
    1 cup brown rice or sweet potato
    something green (salad, brocoli, ....)

Meal #5 (before bed)
    1/2 cup oatmeal w/ natty PB
    40-50g protien (shake, tuna, or chicken)

Keep in mind that i left this totally wide open due to your work schedule, the meals i listed are easy to pre-cook and keep in tuperware while on the road, and can easily be eatin cold. Also to get more veggies in your diet pre make salads and keep carrots, celery, tomatoes ect..ect.. cut up in baggies to drag along also.

I also left the portions wide open also, i would definatly consume the 2 chicken breasts or 2 cans of tuna during the day, but might see how your body reacts to the carbs. I know myself that i gain fat from alot of carbs so i cycle mine...just listen to your body and play with it. A diet is something you wont perfect very quick, it takes alot of time and effort.

But to sum this up, by cutting the bars and shakes and adding clean whole foods you will take your body up to a new level and probly be happy with what your results in a matter of weeks. By adjusting your current diet (which wasnt too bad, just not too good either) you should maximise your use of AS alot more.

Bump for BT, im sure he'll take this up another notch.

I know i eat alot more than this, and know BT does also so if you can dont hesitate to bump the calories/carbs/protein if your comfortable with it. Its all about listening to your body and how it reacts.

Thread Information