bgyo93 is offline New Member

Test E Winny Cycle , Big kcal deficit, cannot lose weight

So I had a bulking phase which was going pretty good and put on quite a lot of muscle mass.

Then I had a health issue preventing me from training last 4 months.

Lost quite a lot of muscle mass (1 inch on the arms) and put on a lot of fat. I am around 17% at the moment.

I am doing a cutting phase with around 1000 kcal deficit.. and is not the first time I am doing a cut, I do know how to work out my macros correctly. You may say 1000kcal deficit is exteme, however I am also doing a Test E with Winstrol cycle, to preserve muscle mass so I can afford to do such an exteme cut.

Anyways for some reason I am not losing weight. I started at 87k, dropped to 84.7kg after 10 days and then it shot up back to 86.7kg, and it is staying like this for 2 weeks now.

I am confused what is going on. I am familiar that my weight can be affected by water weight etc and I should not trust scales, however I did expect some decline in weight.

In the mirror I cannot judge if I am losing fat. I can see my body is better, but that may be because I am getting muscle back from before (muscle memory).

Anyone has an idea what may be going on?

Is it possible that I am actually losing fat but because I had muscle mass before and I am gaining it back now, that the weight scale does not show any difference? Even at such huge caloric deficit?

It is the first time I am experiencing such an anomaly, so I am not sure what to account it as.

Any insight will be helpful.

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    if you know how to work out your macros why are you aiming for a 1000 cals deficit? your choice of course but that low and you are risking loosing muscle,
    as you know scales don't mean squat for fat loss on cycle, you could technically gain an easy 6 lbs in water just from the test, how far into your cycle are you?
    why not adjust for 500 cal deficit and make sure you are getting enough dietry fats in to enable your body to let go of some of yours and adjust from there, How much cardio are you doing? what are your macro breakdowns

bgyo93 is offline New Member
    I know 1000kcal is exteme yeah.. the reason is I had time off training as mentioned and now I am pressed for time. I have got an important photoshoot at 1st September for which I have to lose as much body far as possible.
    In any other case I would have not done more than 500kcal yea.. i am hoping the aas helps protect some of my muscle mass

I am 3 weeks into the Test E cycle which to be honest I am running low dosage as it is 2nd cycle. 300mg per week. First cycle was 250mg per week and I had amazing results.

For cardio I am doing HIIT. Weight lifting 6 days per week, twice per muscle group.

I am rotating macros. 200g protein, and two days per week the rest of my kcal come from carbs. The rest of the week it is 200g protein with healthy fats for rest of the calories (keeping carbs generally below 30-40g on low carb days).

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    hmm I see your issue, well on the plus side three weeks in and the magic should start happening around now ;-), not quite following your macro rotation though?

so 7 days per week 200 g of protein ? not following what happens the rest of the week sorry please explain more? i'm assuming your raising or lowering carbs on non training days with non training days being 30-40 grams of carbs, ?

what is your daily total calorie intake? if you are aiming for 1000 cal deficit I would estimate your aiming for 1200 cals per day? if this is the case its probably the reason why you are not dropping fat, you will need to increase cals or the body will not easily let go, I would aim for 1700-1800 cals per day which would be low for me but at your weight sounds about right if your body fat estimate is accurate.
    if you aim for 500 cal per day deficit , plus your cycle you should easily drop 1!/2 pound per week giving you 7-8 lb drop by your photo shoot deadline - plus the increased muscular appearance from the test, are you tops off for the shoot?

Thread Information