Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By ZXY2

Thread: new job makes it difficult

  1. #1
    denbuck is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Barrie ontario
    Posts
    4

    new job makes it difficult

    I have just changed careers and finding it extremely difficult to get my meals in . morning and afternoon break's are only 10 minutes long witch doesn't give me enough time to heat up my meals . Guess what i am looking for is help with ideas on very quik no heat high protein \carb meal
    my current plan is 140grams protein ( chicken/turkey/beef ) 200grams carbs ( rice/sweet potato / pasta ) 100 grams veggies ( broccoli / beans / asparagus x3 per day the other 3 meals are eggs and protein panckes

  2. #2
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,575
    Not that I'm a huge advocate for protein drinks in place of meals but it sounds like it would work for you. They don't have to be simple, add to them. I blend most of mine with peanut butter, banana, oatmeal, etc. Basically a liquid meal. Make it easy on yourself.
    ZXY2 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  3. #3
    JDToronto is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Not that I'm a huge advocate for protein drinks in place of meals but it sounds like it would work for you. They don't have to be simple, add to them. I blend most of mine with peanut butter, banana, oatmeal, etc. Basically a liquid meal. Make it easy on yourself.
    That's what I do at work as I have the same issue with eating complete meals at work, co-workers keep telling me I shouldn't be drinking my meals. And I run out of ideas what to bring for lunch.

  4. #4
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    As kel said.
    Realize though he is putting carbs into his shakes.
    I got tired of screwing with a fruit basket and tub of oats so I bought "ON gainer"
    Not for cutting of course but it can replace a meal. One full scoop makes me kinda blah. Other than that grab a can of sardines and eat them with crackers. Being in a hurry makes it go down all the easier

  5. #5
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Try intermittent fasting then. I've made good gains in the gym while partaking in an IF style diet. Circumstances were such at work that I sometimes couldn't go pee we were so busy. So I would eat breakfast, go to work for 10-12 hours and come home and eat twice before bed. Actually giving your GI tract a break really helped some of the GI discomfort I was having.
    ZXY2 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  6. #6
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Try intermittent fasting then. I've made good gains in the gym while partaking in an IF style diet. Circumstances were such at work that I sometimes couldn't go pee we were so busy. So I would eat breakfast, go to work for 10-12 hours and come home and eat twice before bed. Actually giving your GI tract a break really helped some of the GI discomfort I was having.
    Dont tell anyone I said this but... this is me every day. Luckily I can put down 4k cal in the last two meals when necessary.

  7. #7
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Dont tell anyone I said this but... this is me every day. Luckily I can put down 4k cal in the last two meals when necessary.
    If binging can make you fat, why can't it make you buff?
    ZXY2 likes this.

  8. #8
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    If binging can make you fat, why can't it make you buff?
    Zactly! Stay tore down enough and it will
    MuscleScience likes this.

  9. #9
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Other than that grab a can of sardines and eat them with crackers. Being in a hurry makes it go down all the easier

    Plus your breath is just super after that....
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  10. #10
    ZXY2 is offline "Retired"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    20,053
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Plus your breath is just super after that....
    Clean up that dirty mouth with orbit.

  11. #11
    denbuck is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Barrie ontario
    Posts
    4
    thanks for the replies
    good to know that there are people that have gone through the same issues that are willing to help especially these days.
    So from what i have gathered from everyone is to shake it up witch leads me to another question . Shakes: use an isolate whey or should i use a gainer like ON or Mammoth . and if i use a gainer would 2 per day be to much ?? Mammoth advertises 3100 cals per scoop i believe
    or would 1 gainer and 1 iso be better ??
    if it helps any i am in my 4th week of a bulking cycle...... test E / Deca stack

  12. #12
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,631
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by denbuck View Post
    thanks for the replies
    good to know that there are people that have gone through the same issues that are willing to help especially these days.
    So from what i have gathered from everyone is to shake it up witch leads me to another question . Shakes: use an isolate whey or should i use a gainer like ON or Mammoth . and if i use a gainer would 2 per day be to much ?? Mammoth advertises 3100 cals per scoop i believe
    or would 1 gainer and 1 iso be better ??
    if it helps any i am in my 4th week of a bulking cycle...... test E / Deca stack
    Depends on if the premade mass gainers fit into you macros and goals. I typically make my own shakes. I start with a base whey protein that's low in carbs and add things in as I need them. For example. When I'm trying to put on weight, I will add things like natty PB and oats to the shake and maybe some simple carbs like a banana and so on. If I'm cutting then I take out some of those carb sources.

    It just all depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •