Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 2 Post By guitarzan

Thread: How much protein a day

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member

How much protein a day

How much protein a day is optimal when enhanced?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockBadger View Post
    How much protein a day is optimal when enhanced?
    You can actually get away with less when on AAS, because of the improvement in feed efficiency. But depending, the research for none enhanced individual is somewhere between .8-1.4 gr/lbs body weight.
    Livinlean likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

What do you mean feed efficiency explain more.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most AAS greatly enhance protein synthesis and nitrogen retention in the muscle tissue, making your body more efficient at utilizing the proteins you eat. I find 1 gram per pound, or a little less works good for me

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Most AAS greatly enhance protein synthesis and nitrogen retention in the muscle tissue, making your body more efficient at utilizing the proteins you eat. I find 1 gram per pound, or a little less works good for me

This...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    This...

I have been wondering what makes the body more nitrogen retentative? I think this is one of my issues with my body!

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    im on 400g a day, but i do weigh 240lbs and bulking

alright good responses.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    agreed, though sometimes i go a bit higher, but generally this is perfect imo (its more me willing with more Pro and fats than carbs when im in hunger mode lol)

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    I have been wondering what makes the body more nitrogen retentative? I think this is one of my issues with my body!

Insulin imho is the king to nitrogen retention and feed efficiency. The ability to force nutrients to the muscles is the key. Insulin blocking the path to immediate energy blood sugar is such a big deal for me. Once in the muscles AAS retain it for use. Adding insulin post workout for shake + meal returns the muscle fullness for me and allows {me personally} to go even lower in calorie deficit...nothing given up.

I believe when they say diet is important it is not the calories and macros specifically but rather timing and insulin use along with the calories and macros.

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    optimal ? if your not cutting then optimal could be 1.5g protein per pound of lean bodyweight but there is research that shows one large dose of (over 40g ) before bed as part of your daily over all figure is helpful

Our muscles, which are built from amino acids supplied by protein, repair themselves and grow while we sleep. Growth hormone , which boosts this muscle growth and decreases fat, is elevated during this time. Studies have shown that if you consume an ample amount of protein right before bed, you’ll take full advantage of this spike in growth hormone and maximize muscle gains because you’re providing the amino acids that are needed for repair and growth. plus! if protein requires more effort from the body to burn / process so you are actually using more "effort" to process protein whilst asleep leading to increased thermal activity - ie fat burning = bonus
    Last edited by matt thebeard; 07-20-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Insulin imho is the king to nitrogen retention and feed efficiency. The ability to force nutrients to the muscles is the key. Insulin blocking the path to immediate energy blood sugar is such a big deal for me. Once in the muscles AAS retain it for use. Adding insulin post workout for shake + meal returns the muscle fullness for me and allows {me personally} to go even lower in calorie deficit...nothing given up.

I believe when they say diet is important it is not the calories and macros specifically but rather timing and insulin use along with the calories and macros.

I already do the post-workout protein plus carbohydrates from food. 30grams protein plus about 90 grams carbohydrates from food.

Quote Originally Posted by matt thebeard View Post
    optimal ? if your not cutting then optimal could be 1.5g protein per pound of lean bodyweight but there is research that shows one large dose of (over 40g ) before bed as part of your daily over all figure is helpful

Our muscles, which are built from amino acids supplied by protein, repair themselves and grow while we sleep. Growth hormone, which boosts this muscle growth and decreases fat, is elevated during this time. Studies have shown that if you consume an ample amount of protein right before bed, you’ll take full advantage of this spike in growth hormone and maximize muscle gains because you’re providing the amino acids that are needed for repair and growth. plus! if protein requires more effort from the body to burn / process so you are actually using more "effort" to process protein whilst asleep leading to increased thermal activity - ie fat burning = bonus

Ok, if that is what the research says I'll up my protein at night some. I already do this now at about 30 grams before bed. I'll up it 10 more grams. Burning fat is always good.

prenes is offline Junior Member
    all the protein.

Thread Information