cpjones13 is offline New Member

What fruit is good to eat...

I'm trying a low carb, high protein diet. Not necessarily a CKD diet, but I want to force my body to use my body fat for energy and then once I get my BF % down to around 15-17% I will start hitting the weights. I don't know if this is a good plan, but I am running each morning to get my body back in aerobic shape. I'm 6'5" 230 lbs. (about 15-20 lbs. overweight) Most of my BF is around my waist. I'm eating more chicken breasts and tuna than 1 man should have to eat. My question is can I have all types of fruit in order to keep my diet low in carbs (25-40 g of carbs per day is my goal) or are there certain fruits that are heavy in carbs? Thnaks for the help!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why are you waiting to utilize weight training AFTER you get to a certain bodyfat percentage?

Not only can weights help you lose quicker, you can actually CHANGE your body composition instead of just losing "weight". Without weights and a solid nutritional approach, you stand to lose a great deal of lean muscle mass along with whatever fat you lose, doing things in the manner you have planned.

The fruit issue pales in comparison to the issue I just described to you. Check my forums for more information about fitness programs and making it a part of your life for a healthy, happy, simplistic journey to fitness.

~SC~

~SC~

cpjones13 is offline New Member

Its an honor...

I've read many of your posts as you are almost a legend around here! Thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

I actually began to lift at the same time I decided to change my diet. Once I made the decision to change my current lifestyle, I found the dieting part to be simple. It was the aching body after a workout that led me to believe that perhaps I should focus on some basic cardio and a diet and get my body used to the demands of hardcore workouts. On Day1, I was so sore that I could barely grip my steering wheel on the way home. Day 2 felt like I was about to go comatose. Coupled with the fact that I feel like I'm high on cocaine with HydroxyCut, I ASSUMED that I should probably lose some weight first before going with all the protein shakes and Ripped Fuel. If I'm wrong, let me know!

Thanks Cat!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Understood......

So, what you are saying is that it's been quite a long time since you've set foot in a gym (weights), or this will be your first time. Correct?

If so, or remotely close, I'd recommend a basic three day per week split. Something like MWF.........Many use this schedule for "bulking" reasons, to add time for growth and mass. I'd use it for u and cutting to utilize time for preservation of lean mass and acquisition as well, while letting cardio be the focus and fat loss the main goal. Three days a week is enough for you, especially w/the soreness issue, as it's not going to demand a ton of time/recovery ability/and won't interfere w/your fat loss goals. You will assure yourself that you hold on to your muscle, and since you are "new" to weights, you'll even add some too.
    Make sure you make post-workout nutrition on point, as that's the key to half of your soon-to-be body composition shift for the better. The other will be your diet and cardio schedule.

~SC~XXL~2K3~

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    To the fruit question, most berries can work rather well with a typical low carb diet. There are many sights in the net where you can just look up the nutritional info for a particular food source (though some sites are inaccurate and many will differ) they still will offer an idea of the nutritional content of certain foods. Use that to answer your question.

fyerstarter is offline New Member
    I like apples, oranges, and strawberries. They all have about the same nutritional content which is ~20g carbs (1 apple, 1 orange, or 5 strawberries).

Thread Information