Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By matt thebeard
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By PT1982
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Anything wrong with this diet? I have sugar cravings

Fxwfran is offline New Member

Question Anything wrong with this diet? I have sugar cravings

I'm having these crazy sugar/carb cravings every single day, all day and I don't even know why.

I've recently quit smoking. It was 2 weeks and 2 days ago, I've also finished my first Clenbuterol cycle last Sunday (4 days ago).

I'm basically eating 3300 calories a day and burning 1400 daily approx.

First I take 30g of ENA Whey & 250ml Milk at 9am. (Unless it's workout day, then I don't put the proteins in it).
    Then I eat 2 chicken breasts at 12:30pm.
    Between 12:30pm and 17:30 I usually drink 1-3 cups of coffee before I quit the office.
    Then at 19:00 I have 30g of ENA Whey & 250ml Milk and 100gr cereals (Workout days only)
    Then at 19:00 I eat Yogurt with cereals (Non-workout days only)
    Non-workout days I usually take another coffee with some cookies at 21:00 or else I fall asleep in classes (Like 1 packet of Oreo cookies, ie)
    If I worked out, then I also have 30g of ENA Whey & 250ml Milk right after working out.
    Then for dinner I eat 2 chicken breasts and 2 boiled eggs at 23:00.

(1 Chicken Breast = 0.25 Kg where I live)

I also have 1 or 2 fruits (As in apples/bananas) 30 minutes after each meal.

Oh, and also I'm 20 years old, 1.73m and 68Kg with 13% bodyfat.
    I asume my diet is fine for clean bulking, please correct me otherwise.

Any clues on why I could be craving sugar out of nowhere lately?

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    where to even start

lean bulking? what are you using to bulk with? cereals? man scrap all that you are doing apart from the chicken, eat a healthy source of carbohydrates pre and post workout, maybe some for breakfast, get 30 grams of protein in every three hours or so if possible using foods as much as you can, shakes are useful when you are topping up protein levels to higher amounts but premium source should be food, also very your protein sources, one day chicken, the next maybe turkey, beef you get me?> add plenty of leefy green veg with as many meals as possible, broccoli asparagus spinach etc

well done on quiting smoking too that's the best thing you can do for yourself
    PT1982 likes this.

ps the oreos will not help with the cravings they can spike insulin which is a factor in craving when it drops back, suger free jelly is a nice way to beet cravings while your body gets used to not having nicotine, nicotine is the biggest stimulant of the brain, more than coffee so expect some brain fogg for the early weeks, supplement with coffee if you have to just at the first few weeks.

example of a lean bulk for someone a smidge heavier than you lol

60g oats 10g honey 100g pinapple 7 egg whites 1 whole egg
    2g cla 1g l carnatine 1000mg vit c

mid morning 200g lean mince
    100g green beans

lunch 200g chicken 125 g basmati rice , 80 g chicken soup to wet, handful of broccoli

evening meal 240 g white fish 250g basmati rice fist size of leafy greens

post workout 7 egg whites 2 whole eggs and 150g steak.

this is just an incomplete example - do not follow it !! but can you see the pattern of regular food and carbs in specific meals pre workout example. I was 30kg heavier than you following something similar to this so it will not apply but you can see the pattern right, for each of the meat sources you can swap out the meat source for your choice , for each of the rice sources you could have added sweet potato jacket spud etc some pasta but the whole point is, food is what makes you grow and what you posted didn't really contain any. check the stickies at the top of this forum, get yourself myfitness pal app, work out your tdee and you have a measured approach to where you need to go and how much food you need to eat.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    ^^^just as I replied to your other post, you crave sugar because that's all you eat in terms of carbs.

Read this, rework your diet and post it up

http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...%2A%2A%2A.html
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Your breakfast it too light. You need a bigger breakfast. Whole foods and good carbs. This could be part of the reason your craving carbs.
    Your noon meal is coffee... You need to eat lean protein and good carbs.
    Your next meal needs to be whole food. Good carbs again.
    Yogurt and a salad would be ok. But here, there is not enough food. You need to cut the cereal out. Choose good carbs. Cereal every now and again is ok but it shouldn't make up your diet like it does.

You can have about once a week cheatmeal. Which would include a cookie but shouldn't make up your daily diet.

Ok so the whey after your workout with milk is ok and thats where the whey powder should be used only.
    For dinner you have the protein part but no good carbs. You need healthy carbs in there.

Having fruit with meal is fine and recommended.

Your 20 years old which means your young and can make some mistakes. When i was in high school I made plenty of mistakes so take the advice.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 08-16-2017 at 11:10 PM.

prenes is offline Junior Member
    shit ton of sugars in cereal and most protein powders. your sugar intake is causing more cravings for sugar.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt thebeard View Post
    lean bulking? what are you using to bulk with? cereals? man scrap all that you are doing apart from the chicken, eat a healthy source of carbohydrates pre and post workout, maybe some for breakfast, get 30 grams of protein in every three hours or so if possible using foods as much as you can, shakes are useful when you are topping up protein levels to higher amounts but premium source should be food, also very your protein sources, one day chicken, the next maybe turkey, beef you get me?> add plenty of leefy green veg with as many meals as possible, broccoli asparagus spinach etc

well done on quiting smoking too that's the best thing you can do for yourself
    Good advice. I'm just having a really hard time believing he's consuming 3300 calories a day. If that's him in his avi that is. I commented on it in another post. I consume 3k cals to maintain 200lbs at 5'10 and 12% bf.
    matt thebeard likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Good advice. I'm just having a really hard time believing he's consuming 3300 calories a day. If that's him in his avi that is. I commented on it in another post. I consume 3k cals to maintain 200lbs at 5'10 and 12% bf.
    Lucky, I need 4000cals for that.
    matt thebeard likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Kiltit is offline New Member
    $12 bottle of plant derived minerals. It's always a mineral deficiency when cravings kick in.

Thread Information