Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By biohacked
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Vegetable Oils Make You Fat And Cause Chronic Disease

biohacked is offline New Member

Vegetable Oils Make You Fat And Cause Chronic Disease

For anyone who’s looked into and reasearched the health effects of different omega-6 containing vegetable oils, you’ll quickly find that there’s a strong connection between all of them and the major degenerative diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, alzheimer’s and even obesity.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the full text studies that I found particularily interesting:

On obesity from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23249760:

‘Recent studies have emphasized the proadipogenic properties of the omega-6 PUFA, and provided evidence that rodents fed on diets with omega-6 PUFA contents similar to the typical US diet (6–8% energy) have an increased fat mass. Importantly, recent studies have shown that perinatal exposure to a high omega-6 PUFA diet results in a progressive accumulation of body fat across generations.’

On chronic disease from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18408140:

‘Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today’s Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases...’

On chronic disease from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22570770:

‘...high intake of n-6 PUFA, along with low intakes of n-3 PUFA, shifts the physiological state to one that is proinflammatory and prothrombotic with increases in vasospasm, vasoconstriction, and blood viscosity and the development of diseases associated with these conditions.’

So if you HAVE to cook with oil (which I don’ t recommend) using something like MCT oil or adding olive oil to salad might be less harmful compared to n-6 oils. Even then, fats in general, also those in olive oil have been connected to diabetes and MCT oil/coconut oil has some pretty potent cholesterol raising effects.

This is certainly common knowledge around here but I find that researching these connections on my own gives me a more complete understanding rather than just taking somebody’s word for it. I find it’s also easier to stay on a diet and avoid the harmful foods if you are constantly reading studies and seeing evidence everywhere on their negative effects yourself.

If you have more reaserch to add, I’d appreciate it.
    Obs likes this.

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biohacked View Post
    For anyone who’s looked into and reasearched the health effects of different omega-6 containing vegetable oils, you’ll quickly find that there’s a strong connection between all of them and the major degenerative diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, alzheimer’s and even obesity.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the full text studies that I found particularily interesting:

On obesity from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23249760:

‘Recent studies have emphasized the proadipogenic properties of the omega-6 PUFA, and provided evidence that rodents fed on diets with omega-6 PUFA contents similar to the typical US diet (6–8% energy) have an increased fat mass. Importantly, recent studies have shown that perinatal exposure to a high omega-6 PUFA diet results in a progressive accumulation of body fat across generations.’

On chronic disease from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18408140:

‘Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today’s Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases...’

On chronic disease from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22570770:

‘...high intake of n-6 PUFA, along with low intakes of n-3 PUFA, shifts the physiological state to one that is proinflammatory and prothrombotic with increases in vasospasm, vasoconstriction, and blood viscosity and the development of diseases associated with these conditions.’

So if you HAVE to cook with oil (which I don’ t recommend) using something like MCT oil or adding olive oil to salad might be less harmful compared to n-6 oils. Even then, fats in general, also those in olive oil have been connected to diabetes and MCT oil/coconut oil has some pretty potent cholesterol raising effects.

This is certainly common knowledge around here but I find that researching these connections on my own gives me a more complete understanding rather than just taking somebody’s word for it. I find it’s also easier to stay on a diet and avoid the harmful foods if you are constantly reading studies and seeing evidence everywhere on their negative effects yourself.

If you have more reaserch to add, I’d appreciate it.
    Good stuff.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wait, are there people other than those who feed from the McDonald's trough daily, who still think vegetable based oils are a good idea?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    VEGETABLE OIL was not what it is today in the early 90's. Vegetable oil became 90% soybean oil in the 90's.
    When I was a kid you purchased oil for cooking and it might be 48% vegetable oil (soybean oil).
    Today though through propoganda and large contracts started by Crisco, soybeans have become the "vegetable oil".
    Soy was cast out in the 50's becuse of phitoestrogen and the feminine traits caused by overuse of it. Now today nearly every restaraunt meal you eat is slathered in the disgusting shit. I hate it.
    I grew up on lard based shortening that was 100 times healthier than the 98% hydrogenated soybean oil people use today.
    Soybean oil is the problem bit it has generated a revenue that is unstoppable so it is here to stay as the primary oil.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    VEGETABLE OIL was not what it is today in the early 90's. Vegetable oil became 90% soybean oil in the 90's.
    When I was a kid you purchased oil for cooking and it might be 48% vegetable oil (soybean oil).
    Today though through propoganda and large contracts started by Crisco, soybeans have become the "vegetable oil".
    Soy was cast out in the 50's becuse of phitoestrogen and the feminine traits caused by overuse of it. Now today nearly every restaraunt meal you eat is slathered in the disgusting shit. I hate it.
    I grew up on lard based shortening that was 100 times healthier than the 98% hydrogenated soybean oil people use today.
    Soybean oil is the problem bit it has generated a revenue that is unstoppable so it is here to stay as the primary oil.
    That's the truth, soy anything is the devil.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    That's the truth, soy anything is the devil.
    The only reason vegetable oil is called vegetable oil is because soybean oil doesn't sell because of its reputation. I banned it from my home during the early development of my sons.
    MuscleScience likes this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Second time in a week I am pushing something from this website but it is an excellent review on this subject I think. A long read so if you only got a couple of minutes do not click.

Research Review: Should you balance your fats for better health? | Precision Nutrition
    MuscleScience likes this.

Thread Information