Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Need 7 Day Meal Prep Plan.. Lose Weight - Build Muscle - Intermediate Fasting

Cablekid is offline New Member

Need 7 Day Meal Prep Plan.. Lose Weight - Build Muscle - Intermediate Fasting

Need Some Help!

Trying To Lose Weight As Well As Build Muscle I Figured I Would Fast From 11PM To 3PM, And Then Eat From 3PM To 11PM ( 3 MEALS ).

Im 5'5 - 170 LBS So im Not Sure if I Need To Cut Calories Or if I Should Just Take in 2k Calories A Day As Well AS Weight Train For A Hour Every Day.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated. I Figured I Would Do Chicken/Rice or Steak/Rice Or Oatmeal With Protein Powder Mixed In. Ect....

I was actually going to copy this recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya_uIbpH0Zc

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do not think that anyone here will make a plan from scratch for you. I will have to try the oatmeal in the video. IMO the only way to follow a diet is to prepare the food for the week, otherwise I do not have the time during the week and I either starve myself because I do not want to cheat, or I cheat. Neither is good.
    To really answer your question, we really need to know what your goals are.
    What is your bodyfat?
    IMo fasting is not the way to gain muscle. FEED The muscle.
    You really need to determine your TDEE and then adjust your caloric intake and macrosbased on your goals. To gain muscle, you need an excess of calories, to lose weight, you need a deficit,
    I hope this helps.
    matt thebeard likes this.

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    read what the gentleman above posted - 100% correct

over a 24 hour period your body cannot tell what time you eat, only the amount of calories eaten that day, to fast between certain hours is pointless, fasting maybe fasting for daytime night time specific pointless, lets simplify things, if over the course of a day / week you have maintained a calorific deficit you will hopefully drop fat, if over the course of a week you have a calorific surplus you in theory will gain weight.

you need to decide your goal and your nutrition will depend on that, either .... build muscle or...loose fat, theres a small percentage of both in a very few cases but ultimately they are at different ends of the scale dietry speaking.

I Would Say My TDEE Would be around 2k Calories.. I Work On The Pc Alot, I do Go To The Gym And Do 1-3 Miles Of Elvated Treadmill and then lift as well almost everyday.

My problem is my diet 100% im getting stronger for sure, but im not dropping fat. My BMI is prob around 25-30 .

Should I Just go on a 1.8k Calorie intake? for a few weeks and see what happens?

Mr. Small is offline Member
    I think 2k of cals is probably too much. Drop to 1800 and see how that goes. I've gone to 1600 myself to lose bf.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablekid View Post
    I Would Say My TDEE Would be around 2k Calories.. I Work On The Pc Alot, I do Go To The Gym And Do 1-3 Miles Of Elvated Treadmill and then lift as well almost everyday.

My problem is my diet 100% im getting stronger for sure, but im not dropping fat. My BMI is prob around 25-30 .

Should I Just go on a 1.8k Calorie intake? for a few weeks and see what happens?
    Forget about BMI. It is meaningless especially for people with large muscle mass. I was at about 8% bf and it said I was overweight.
    You need to know body fat %. How do you know that you are not dropping fat? Also, you need a period of time (2-3 weeks) to ensure that your body has adjusted. I have gotten to know my body so I can usually make adjustments and see the difference relatively quickly, but do not expect this if you are not in tune with your body.
    How long have you been at 2000 cal? Also, is this an estimate of your portion size, or is it weighed out?
    I am just trying to make sure that you are not jumping to conclusions and incorrectly recommend that you lower your caloric intake. It is a lot easier to lose muscle than it is to build it.
    What are your macros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks For The Response! I Appreciate All The Help For Sure!!

I Can safely say I am mostly BF then Muscle Haha!

Heres my Plan Let Me Know, I Cookied My Meals For 7 Days Ahead.

8 oz Of Chicken With 90 Grams Of Rice - x2 a day = 1080 Cals
    1 Cup of Oatmeal with 1 Cup Whey Protein Mixed In = 570 Cals

Now That Gives Me Around 1.6k Calorie intake and its high protein diet. If i need to add more i can always do a protein bar or tuna fish. But i think i should cut around 1.6k intill i drop BF for the first month or so.

But I dont know really and thats why im here

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablekid View Post
    Thanks For The Response! I Appreciate All The Help For Sure!!

I Can safely say I am mostly BF then Muscle Haha!

Heres my Plan Let Me Know, I Cookied My Meals For 7 Days Ahead.

8 oz Of Chicken With 90 Grams Of Rice - x2 a day = 1080 Cals
    1 Cup of Oatmeal with 1 Cup Whey Protein Mixed In = 570 Cals

Now That Gives Me Around 1.6k Calorie intake and its high protein diet. If i need to add more i can always do a protein bar or tuna fish. But i think i should cut around 1.6k intill i drop BF for the first month or so.

But I dont know really and thats why im here
    Think that is a good place to start, 1600. You should be losing at least 1lb of fat at least per week.

Thread Information