Skinnyboy1 is offline New Member

Please help: Force feeding 2800 calories a day, just gained 1 kilo in 2 1/2 weeks

I am currently trying to find out what my daily intake should be to gain weight (without any training YET).

I want to find out my exact number of daily intake and form a habit of it and THEN start training.

Just recently started calculating my calories etc. myfitnesspal told me I'd need 2800 cals for a 2,5 kilo gain every WEEK! Well, that didn't work out the way it should..

Stats:
    Male, 27
    6 Foot 1
    65 Kilos

First of all: Do I need to eat even more calories? Like 3000+`??? And: How can I force feed myself, today and yesterday were really really difficult for me, I JUST couldn't get the calories in, it feels just too much afster 2 1/2 weeks...

Hwo do you guys do it? How do some people here eat easily 3k+ cals every day?!?!

All I want in my life is 5 kilos more wieght EVEN IF IT'S FAT to begin with

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyboy1 View Post
    I am currently trying to find out what my daily intake should be to gain weight (without any training YET).

I want to find out my exact number of daily intake and form a habit of it and THEN start training.

Just recently started calculating my calories etc. myfitnesspal told me I'd need 2800 cals for a 2,5 kilo gain every WEEK! Well, that didn't work out the way it should..

Stats:
    Male, 27
    6 Foot 1
    65 Kilos

First of all: Do I need to eat even more calories? Like 3000+`??? And: How can I force feed myself, today and yesterday were really really difficult for me, I JUST couldn't get the calories in, it feels just too much afster 2 1/2 weeks...

Hwo do you guys do it? How do some people here eat easily 3k+ cals every day?!?!

Trying to find a set or perfect calorie consumption is not the right approach. Every single person is different. Some people may gain weight at 2800 calories and some may be able to gain weight only when its 3000-4000 calories. Your not really going to find a special number. Instead of gorging yourself. Do this... add in two tablespoons of peanut butter every two weeks. It's fat so its dense in calories. The most dense compared to other nutrients. That's 200 calories right? Then if you have not gained a pound in two weeks add in another 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. That's another 200 calories. That's 400 extra calories in extra at week 4. If you have not gained a pound in 4 weeks. Then add in another 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Thats 600 calories extra for 6 weeks. Thats half a thousand calories. What you can do is mix this peanut butter in oatmeal so its easier to eat. So see its a method for gaining weight. It means also you don't have to gorge yourself right away... You just slowly ramp up the calories. If after 6 weeks you have not gained a pound then add another two tablespoons of peanut butter. That's 800 calories in 8 weeks... with no gain in weight? Probably you will gain weight. If you get sick of peanut butter try drinking straight olive oil. 125kcal per tablespoon. But you see olive oil and peanut butter are simple to measure and add in. But you could do this type of ramping up with any food as long as your measuring... Try this method every two weeks so you don't feel you gorge and will eventually gain weight.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 09-15-2017 at 02:23 AM.

So do that and just pick a number your somewhat comfortable consuming say start at 2500 kcal. Then do that method.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 09-14-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Stats:
    Male, 27
    6 Foot 1
    65 Kilos

I eat 2800 calories for breakfast some days. Try bumping it up as high as you can with clean food. Chicken, rice, eggs or egg whites, milk, fish etc. Keep fats low and workout HIT like you are going to die if you dont get another rep, failing every set. Actual failure and not half effort failure. Eat fast! Eat often!

When you are full drink 24 oz of milk.
    Do what I said and you will pick up your 5 kilo in two weeks. 4-6k calories is my diet on a bulking cycle.

Keep fat low, it is useless for anyone.

Also, how do I do it? Sometimes the chicken comes back up. Its called force feeding for a reason. Treat a meal like a workout.
    Last edited by Obs; 09-14-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I eat 2800 calories for breakfast some days. Try bumping it up as high as you can with clean food. Chicken, rice, eggs or egg whites, milk, fish etc. Keep fats low and workout HIT like you are going to die if you dont get another rep, failing every set. Actual failure and not half effort failure. Eat fast! Eat often!

When you are full drink 24 oz of milk.
    Do what I said and you will pick up your 5 kilo in two weeks. 4-6k calories is my diet on a bulking cycle.

Keep fat low, it is useless for anyone.

Also, how do I do it? Sometimes the chicken comes back up. Its called force feeding for a reason. Treat a meal like a workout.
    Yeah... 2800 calories for breakfast. lol. I agree thats a good goal for him. Yeah till failure could be good for him.... You could try drinking 24 oz of milk when your full if you could do it. I don't like fat much either.... It's pretty much useless unless your trying to gain some weight...Especially if your having a lot of trouble..

And start working out like 3 days a week at first... Compound movements. Not 7 days a week because that's more/alot of calorie burn. But building muscle you want.

Skinnyboy1 is offline New Member
    Brock, I know that there is a method thats what I am doing. I want to find out how many calories I need to have to gain weight, and I was trying to calculate it with different methods (with the my bodily stats etc.)

Obviously there is a way to figure that out or at least have a set point and I had mine. THen I ate and stll didn't gain wieght so I am going to have to increase the calories until I find out how many cals I have to eat in a day.

Thats a no brainer I thought I stated that in my thread.

The real problem here is that I just cannot eat anymroe. I have to frequent the bathroom often, my poo is totally discolored, and everything. I tried 2800+ for 2 1/2 weeks and just gained one kilo and now I am kinda giving up since I wake up and feel like I just cannot eat anymore.

What can I do? Hwo Can I improve my caloric intake? How do people eat 3000 calories every day? And especially it is annoying as FUCK that even 2800 calories are NOT enoughfor me to gain a bit of weight I am nearly underweight....I get aggressive just thinking about it

I mean you already got a number from fitness pal. That should get you started. Your asking if there is some exact number... The answer is there isn't and you already calculated a number. And yes 3000 may be required to gain weight. Your also asking how some guys do it... The method I posted specifically helped me gain weight to bulk up for football. Thats actually what I did with the peanut butter and oatmeal... I would advise to keep the diet pretty much the same also while your doing this. That way whatever calories you initially calculate you don't have to keep changing. So if a second snack is oatmeal and peanut butter keep it that way through out the bulk.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 09-15-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Here is a structure for you and the others who have recently posted who want to gain weight: This is what I used to do when I went on that bulk.

Breakfast

meal snack

lunch

meal snack

preworkout
    during workout
    after workout

dinner

bedtime meal snack

So this is the structure: This is what I use to do to bulk up before football. You can add calories to the workout drinks.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    keep it real food. Eat clean. Workout hard.

Not working out promotes no appetite. Once lifting eating 4000 calories would be no big deal.

Keep it carbs and protein. Becoming dependent on fat intake really makes off cycle life suck.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I can eat 2600kcals in one sitting if I'm not careful.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I can eat 2600kcals in one sitting if I'm not careful.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information