• 2 Post By Couchlock
  • 1 Post By lartinos
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By puffy16
  • 2 Post By Couchlock
  • 2 Post By Livinlean
  • 1 Post By Couchlock
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Someone has to ask: FARTING and how to deal with protein intake and Brrraaapp!

puffy16 is offline Junior Member

Someone has to ask: FARTING and how to deal with protein intake and Brrraaapp!

I am sure I am not only one who has to deal with this on daily basis. Anyone have suggesting as far as diet or what to avoid when taking protein. My main protein comes from powder and bars and I have tried many different types and same result. Before anyone says just stop taking them and try meat, I am not a meat eater and more of a pescatarian.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    I am sure I am not only one who has to deal with this on daily basis. Anyone have suggesting as far as diet or what to avoid when taking protein. My main protein comes from powder and bars and I have tried many different types and same result. Before anyone says just stop taking them and try meat, I am not a meat eater and more of a pescatarian.
    Probiotics.

I am gluten intolerant. I ate pasta the other day and had to sleep in a room alone the gas was so bad. I dont mean just bad smell i mean it is constant. Usually gas is caused by food that has not been properly broken down reaching the large intestine. Once nutrients reach the large intestine the will be broken down regardless and the more nutrients left, the more gas you get.

You more than likely have an enzyme issue. Probiotics can help balance this out.
    puffy16 and MuscleScience like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Probiotics.

I am gluten intolerant. I ate pasta the other day and had to sleep in a room alone the gas was so bad. I dont mean just bad smell i mean it is constant. Usually gas is caused by food that has not been properly broken down reaching the large intestine. Once nutrients reach the large intestine the will be broken down regardless and the more nutrients left, the more gas you get.

You more than likely have an enzyme issue. Probiotics can help balance this out.
    I tried the probiotic pills 2billion count bacteria and nothing. Finished whole bottle but gas still there. I wonder if I have to take higher dose probiotic. Do you have gas after protein intake? I read that other people have this issue but maybe it's less common then I thought.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    This is the byproduct of us eating cruciferous vegetables, high protein, and such.

No way around it, learn to embrace it.

When I get one that makes me choke, I just sit back and say "haha that's just insane to cone out of a living body, no?"
    Obs and puffy16 like this.

Obs
    I tried the probiotic pills 2billion count bacteria and nothing. Finished whole bottle but gas still there. I wonder if I have to take higher dose probiotic. Do you have gas after protein intake? I read that other people have this issue but maybe it's less common then I thought.
    I have gas atm. I know what caises mine. One of the biggest factors is keeping a balance and good diet. If you had a healthy diet and took probiotics I would say as couch said you may just have to deal with it. Different bodies are intolerant of different things. I was not happy to find out I was gluten intolerant but I have to avoid certain foods to live a normal life. The gas is only part of it. I had dermatographia (skin writings) and hives for five years before I discovered my issue. My guts literally crawl if I eat pasta.
    Good luck man. Sometimes it takes time to discover a fix.

lartinos is offline New Member
    You could try staying away from all lactose .

Whey protein isolate is better than concentrate, but isolate could still contain some.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by lartinos View Post
    You could try staying away from all lactose .

Whey protein isolate is better than concentrate, but isolate could still contain some.
    Very good point.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Let m play you the song of my people...
    Obs and puffy16 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Let m play you the song of my people...
    MuscleScience likes this.

Or you can use the putrid gas to your advantage I gym settings like I do.

Some jag off is fucking around on a machine or bbench you are waiting for, drop a fucking bomb right next to them. Guarantee they will leave within one or two farts
    Chicagotarsier and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Or you can use the putrid gas to your advantage I gym settings like I do.

Some jag off is fucking around on a machine or bbench you are waiting for, drop a fucking bomb right next to them. Guarantee they will leave within one or two farts
    Bout the right height when they are benching heavy

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Don't be so suburban (George Carlin)

Asshats load up on cologne and perfume in the gym that smells like foofoo duck ass. Your beef strong! (Doctor Shaka) I rather smell farts than some of that burberry crap.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a lot of gas problems due to food allergies (lactose and gluten). Ever since doubling my fibre from 30 to almost 60 grams I rarely have these issues unless I have a significant amount of gluten such as pasta as mentioned above. I increased my fibre just through better food choices such as more fruits and whole foods. I get almost 120g of sugar just from fruit per day. I also drink kombucha twice a week. I would love to know whether its the fibre or the kombucha making the bigger impact but im not willing to come off one and risk the stomach issues to find out lol.
    puffy16 and Obs like this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    I had a lot of gas problems due to food allergies (lactose and gluten). Ever since doubling my fibre from 30 to almost 60 grams I rarely have these issues unless I have a significant amount of gluten such as pasta as mentioned above. I increased my fibre just through better food choices such as more fruits and whole foods. I get almost 120g of sugar just from fruit per day. I also drink kombucha twice a week. I would love to know whether its the fibre or the kombucha making the bigger impact but im not willing to come off one and risk the stomach issues to find out lol.
    Fuck I hate that Kombucha shit, taste like yak piss. Which I also hate...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Fuck I hate that Kombucha shit, taste like yak piss. Which I also hate...
    and you know how yak piss tastes how? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Don't be so suburban (George Carlin)

Asshats load up on cologne and perfume in the gym that smells like foofoo duck ass. Your beef strong! (Doctor Shaka) I rather smell farts than some of that burberry crap.
    I look up in the tree, and there's the fucking king of the jungle! It was staring right at me. I almost shit my fucking pants. So I ran inside and called the 5-0.
    puffy16 likes this.

Obs
    and you know how yak piss tastes how? lmao
    I have drank buffalo piss in dutch gin from the 1960's.
    People have strange traditions.
    puffy16 likes this.

Thread Information