Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    ilufsr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9

    37 Years old Type 2 Diabetic - Advice on Supplements & Diet

    Hello Guys, I am a 37 years old Type 2 Diabetic from last 6 years, i have been physically very active all these years but started to seriously lift from last 5 months, i have seen good improvement in my self and want to take my body to the next level, I am 5"11 / 220 LBS & 24% body fat, I am not on Insulin , i am just taking 250mg tablet twice a day & my blood sugar levels are in absolute control, i am on low carb high protein & moderate fat diet from last few months which has helped me to loose a considerable amount of weight, I am taking Alpha Test ( 4 Capsules a day) , 01 Multivitamin, 01 Fish oil Capsule & 02 Liv52DS Capsules as of now, with 2 scoops of NitroTech Ripped Protein a day ( 01 in the Morning & 01 after work out) I am a Vegetarian so my diet mostly consists of salads + Cottage Cheese & Pulses & 1 bowl of brown rice a day, i would like to take advice on proper diet plan and supplements ( for lean muscle mass) like Pre workouts, Glutamine & other amino acids & supplements which should be included in my diet. Looking forward to hear the best advice soon. Thanks

  2. #2
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,035
    Blog Entries
    162
    Are you currently stalled and want to change something or you simply want it to go faster.

  3. #3
    ilufsr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Are you currently stalled and want to change something or you simply want it to go faster.
    not stalled at all, i just want to go ahead with right supplements & diet, i do not have enough info available on what and how to choose right supplements which can be beneficial in loosing body fat and build up lean muscle mass

  4. #4
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,035
    Blog Entries
    162
    My basic premise whenever I am cutting, and I doubt I'm alone, is that if it is working do not change it. So just keep at it and if/when you stall you re-evaluate it.

  5. #5
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    Supplementation for vegetarians:

    7 Key Nutrients Vegetarians Need to Watch | SparkPeople

    post up what you usually eat in a day.

  6. #6
    ilufsr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    Hello sir,

    Meal 1 - 1 Scoop of Ripped Protein & 01 Apple.

    Meal 2 - Veggies with Cottage Cheese (30gm)

    Meal 3 - Bowl of Brown Rice with Yellow Pulses ( mixed with 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil)

    Before Workout - Black coffee ( without sugar) / After work out 01 Scoop Ripped Protein

    Meal 4- Dry Fruits ( Almonds + Walnuts + Pistachios) & 01 glass of milk.

    Meal 5- Veggies with Beans

    That sums up my day as of now..
    Last edited by ilufsr; 12-03-2017 at 07:54 AM.

  7. #7
    ilufsr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    Thanks !! just want to know am i doing the right thing..

  8. #8
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    as a vegetarian your probably generally not getting complete sources of protein from food.
    for example, for myself and my clients when counting macros I never count beans when calculating protein, the reason why is that sure beans contain protein on the label, but its an incomplete source of protein (meaning it does not contain all the essential amino acids needed to build tissue, therefore it can't even be used by the body as protein).

    things like beef, fish, and chicken are compete sources of protein . but being your not eating these then supplementing with whey protein and EAAs (essential amino acids) is the next best thing.

    being diabetic and on a low carb diet probably makes being vegetarian even more difficult , as most vegetarians tend to eat a high carb diet.

    making sure your getting enough protein and complete sources of it is probably the most important thing right now for body composition changes.

  9. #9
    ilufsr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    as a vegetarian your probably generally not getting complete sources of protein from food.
    for example, for myself and my clients when counting macros I never count beans when calculating protein, the reason why is that sure beans contain protein on the label, but its an incomplete source of protein (meaning it does not contain all the essential amino acids needed to build tissue, therefore it can't even be used by the body as protein).

    things like beef, fish, and chicken are compete sources of protein . but being your not eating these then supplementing with whey protein and EAAs (essential amino acids) is the next best thing.

    being diabetic and on a low carb diet probably makes being vegetarian even more difficult , as most vegetarians tend to eat a high carb diet.

    making sure your getting enough protein and complete sources of it is probably the most important thing right now for body composition changes.
    Thanks Sir ! I am taking whey protein, what BCAA you suggest which can be working for me ?

  10. #10
    Gallowmere's Avatar
    Gallowmere is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ilufsr View Post
    Thanks Sir ! I am taking whey protein, what BCAA you suggest which can be working for me ?
    https://labdoor.com/rankings/bcaa

    Of the top ones listed there, I went with MyProtein due to cost factors.

  11. #11
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,035
    Blog Entries
    162
    Personally I would never take BCAA while trying to lose fat.

  12. #12
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by ilufsr View Post
    Thanks Sir ! I am taking whey protein, what BCAA you suggest which can be working for me ?
    I don't suggest BCAAs at all, rather EAAs (essential amino acids)

  13. #13
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Personally I would never take BCAA while trying to lose fat.
    just curious why ? as long as your in a calorie deficit, heck you can eat twinkles and still lose body fat.

    not that I'm a fan of BCAAs at all , they don't do much. sure they can help turn on protein synthesis, but without the essential amino acids nothing can happen with that turned on. its like turning on all the lights and machines in a factory but not having the raw material to produce or manufacture anything.

  14. #14
    ilufsr is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I don't suggest BCAAs at all, rather EAAs (essential amino acids)
    Thanks sir, can you suggest some good EAA's ??

  15. #15
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,035
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I don't suggest BCAAs at all, rather EAAs (essential amino acids)
    We are 100% on the same page.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •