biohacked is offline New Member

Came Across An Interesting Interview On Health And Longevity

Been thinking about this ever since I read Kurzweil’s book ‘Transcend’. Many people might already be familiar with his ideas and his theory of exponential growth and how that will affect our health and longevity. Here’s the latest interview with him where he succintly summarizes his predictions about the future of health, aging and biotechnology:

Thoughts? What do you think are the holes/blind spots in his arguments?

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Well assuming technology is exponential could be an issue. And brains are really complex. Jacking up to a neocortical cloud is a bit far fetched because the brain is so complex. But I hope hes right. I mean we basically have to get a grip on basic things like cancer before we hook up our brains to a cloud I think. I definitely hope technology and biotechnology are exponential and within a few years we can rid ourselves of cancer and aging. I'm just not sure its going to happen that fast. And the other major problem with society are businesses. Like big pharma and surgeons. For example medicine works on the disease based model where it just treats symptoms and not the cause. And surgery is very profitable. Why would Big pharma and big medicine get rid of costly procedures when its profitable. So this is a barrier. With that much push back from business innovation takes a back seat. But I hope it breaks through soon.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 12-11-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Thread Information