ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Amount of protein PWO

I have been taking the ISO-100 brand protein powder and I use the scooper that came with it and fill it to the top with the protein powder. It comes about 25-30 grams of protein per scoop. I am on TRT, taking 60mg of Test Cup E3D. What should be the amount (in grams) of protein PWO? I have read somewhere that people are taking up to 50 grams of protein. But how much does your body actually use and how much goes to waste?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    if you take the protein by itself with just water and nothing more then 30 grams is about all you will need and be able to utilize as the absorption of whey isolate is very quick .

however, if you use the protein and mix it with full fat milk and blend it up with say oats and peanut butter for example, then you can take up to 50g per serving . as the digestion is slowed way down by the fats and fiber and thus you can more slowly absorb more protein over a longer period of time .

personally, I just take the 30g of whey and get the rest of my protein from food sources like steak and salmon

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    I have been taking the ISO-100 brand protein powder and I use the scooper that came with it and fill it to the top with the protein powder. It comes about 25-30 grams of protein per scoop. I am on TRT, taking 60mg of Test Cup E3D. What should be the amount (in grams) of protein PWO? I have read somewhere that people are taking up to 50 grams of protein. But how much does your body actually use and how much goes to waste?
    25-30 grams is plenty. About any more are you produce more ammonia which is toxic.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    LIke stated previously, 25-30 is all you will absorb rapidly from an isolate. Anything more than that pwo is a waste in my opinion

Thread Information