Macros is offline Junior Member

Calories for upcoming cycle

I'm trying to figure out my plan for my upcoming cycle. I'm 31 yo, 5'9", 170 lbs and about 15-18% bf. My end goal is 180lbs at or under 10% bf. I'm currently eating at maintenance calories (2,300) on training days (5 days/week) and at 2,000 cals on non-training days where I don't do too much. I'm going to start my third cycle in a couple weeks and here is my problem: I'd like to gain weight/size (and I know I need a calorie surplus to do so) but I don't want to gain more body fat (which is impossible not to do). I don't really want to cut first because I don't want to be much lighter than 170lbs. In your opionion what should I do from a nutrition standpoint for my upcoming cycle?

1moreset024 is offline Banned
    4k calories on cycle
    With 200g protein, 50g fat 300g carbs

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    to gain 10 pounds and drop up to 8% bf at the same time is going to require you to put on essentially 24 pounds of pure muscle. I would plan on that being a goal for the whole year, NOT one cycle.

think of your stored body fat as stored calories. with higher bf % you don't need to go into a super high calorie surplus when starting a bulk.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member

Macros is offline Junior Member
    Thank you all for the advice. I will eat slightly over maintenance (200-300 calories over) for this cycle and see where I'm at before the next cycle. My plan is to run 2 cycles per year and do a proper pct after both. I'm 31 and have a script for TRT so I may go to a TRT dose in between my two annual cycles. I'm thinking I will do "lean bulk" cycles until I get to 185lbs (and stick to that plan even though I will add a bit more body fat) then run a "cut" cycle or two. Of course I know that the "lean bulk" or "cut" cycle depends on your caloric intake and not the gear. Thanks for all of your input!

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Anytime

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    if you can afford it , adding in HGH for that entire year of lean bulking will help you stay lean and grow

Thread Information