Heel94 is offline Junior Member

Bodybuilding Diet critique for big guy

I'm a competitive power lifter and former college football player, and I wanted to lean out. Did 6 weeks of keto, eating about 3,500 calories and went from about 6'7 320lbs to 285. Currently sitting at about 11% bodyfat. I have a meet coming up and I'm trying to get to the 275 weight class, and I've transitioned to a traditional bodybuilding style diet protocol but wanted to get some input from the experts. Here is the current diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oats mixed with 1/2 scoop whey, 1 cup blueberries. 8 egg whites, 1 whole egg

Meal 2: 10oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli

Meal 3: 8oz sirloin steak, 8oz sweet potato, 1 cup spinach

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: (post workout) 30g dextrose+40g maltodextrin, 50g whey

Meal 6: same as meal 3

Macros: ~3900cal 383carb/406pro/80fat

Any thoughts? Keep in mind, I'm a big guy at 6,7 285 age 23. Training is a powerlifting protocol of lifting 5x/week with 1 day of incline treadmill walking. Also work a job that is physically active

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Diet looks good, but if you are already that lean and that big i might consider just cutting the weight. My years of wrestling tells me 10lbs is very easy. Maybe up some cardio and see where that gets you.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    up the cardio and lower the protein by 100 grams

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Looks good mostly. I say the same as GearHeaded.... Lower the protein in total. Add in some more cardio. Cut the sugar out of the post workout. Or cut it back to 30g total carbohydrates if your comfortable with that. Cut the post workout protein to 20-25g protein. I'm being very picky though on some of these points. Overall not bad.

Thread Information