Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Clove1234

Thread: Meal Plan, cutting info?

  1. #1
    thatguyj is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3

    Meal Plan, cutting info?

    Hey guys,

    I was looking to see if one of you could help me out wih a meal plan or something similar. Iíve been out of the gym for awhile now. I know what Iím doing pretty much, but got into a relationship and quit going to the gym, gained some weight, blah blah. Just recently got back into the gym and looking to shred some of this off.

    Iím 5í8, 180 lbs. Iím not really sure what my BMI is right now, but basically looking to shred some of this weight off. I calculated my calorie goal for a day to be around 1460, but havenít done this in awhile. Any info is appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    I generally advise New Years resolutioners to just start hitting the gym consistently and eating clean (i.e., making healthy common sense food choices).
    no need to over complicate things right now.
    If you can't workout and eat healthy for a couple months, then a meal plan isn't going to help. stick to the basics and see if you can even accomplish that first, Imo
    Clove1234 likes this.

  3. #3
    thatguyj is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I generally advise New Years resolutioners to just start hitting the gym consistently and eating clean (i.e., making healthy common sense food choices).
    no need to over complicate things right now.
    If you can't workout and eat healthy for a couple months, then a meal plan isn't going to help. stick to the basics and see if you can even accomplish that first, Imo
    I hate that I’m in that category as new year resolution people, lol. I was in the gym for a few years before quitting about a year, but oh well.

    I’m already eating clean, I just wanted to see others opinions I guess. And I’ve also been hitting the gym before New Years. I just recently found this forum.

  4. #4
    GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Bragging to someone
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguyj View Post
    I hate that I’m in that category as new year resolution people, lol. I was in the gym for a few years before quitting about a year, but oh well.

    I’m already eating clean, I just wanted to see others opinions I guess. And I’ve also been hitting the gym before New Years. I just recently found this forum.
    hey nothing wrong with wanting to make a change. I'm just giving you the simplest easiest advice I can which is similar to the advice I give to all the people at this time of the year who hire me to train them and do their diet. I keep things very very easy and sustainable at first . ADHERENCE is the number one driver of success in fitness. people have to learn to be consistent and adhere to a program first and fore most,, then after that we can really dial things in with more specialize diets and programs .
    don't make things hard for yourself to start, make them easy and enjoyable and be consistent . AFTER you've proven to yourself you can stick with things and be consistent , then dial things in with more details

  5. #5
    thatguyj is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    hey nothing wrong with wanting to make a change. I'm just giving you the simplest easiest advice I can which is similar to the advice I give to all the people at this time of the year who hire me to train them and do their diet. I keep things very very easy and sustainable at first . ADHERENCE is the number one driver of success in fitness. people have to learn to be consistent and adhere to a program first and fore most,, then after that we can really dial things in with more specialize diets and programs .
    don't make things hard for yourself to start, make them easy and enjoyable and be consistent . AFTER you've proven to yourself you can stick with things and be consistent , then dial things in with more details

    Absolutely right.
    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    Start with the basics. Clean diet and some exercise
    thatguyj likes this.

  7. #7
    BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    hey nothing wrong with wanting to make a change. I'm just giving you the simplest easiest advice I can which is similar to the advice I give to all the people at this time of the year who hire me to train them and do their diet. I keep things very very easy and sustainable at first . ADHERENCE is the number one driver of success in fitness. people have to learn to be consistent and adhere to a program first and fore most,, then after that we can really dial things in with more specialize diets and programs .
    don't make things hard for yourself to start, make them easy and enjoyable and be consistent . AFTER you've proven to yourself you can stick with things and be consistent , then dial things in with more details

    I agree with Gearheaded... Adherence is number one success driver. If you want post some of your meals so we can analyze them. Good advice Gearheaded.

  8. #8
    Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Gains factory
    Posts
    483
    Most people i have trained benefit greatly from a couple simple things. No fast food, no pop, and track your meals. Regular exercise with those things should show you easy results

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •