Whopperjames95 is offline New Member

Need Help with my eating!

Here is what I eat in day:

Meal 1: 10 egg whites and 2 yolks/3 pieces of bacon
    Meal 2: protein shake 40g whey isolate, 1 granola/protein bar
    Meal 3: 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 granola/protein bar
    Meal 4 (post workout): 50g protein shake whey isolate
    Meal 5: 1 6oz chicken breast or 1 8-10oz steak(every once in a while)
    Meal 6 (right before bed): 25g protein shake whey isolate
    Total protein each day: 175-200g

I get about 2500-2800 calories in day. I work out 3 days on and 1 day off, cycle repeats. I am 5’10” and weigh about 185lbs. My stomach is holding a little bit of chub. I do cardio 3-4 times a week, moderate pace 15-25 minutes a cardio session. I can’t seem to lean out at all. I do HIT weight training. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated, I know there are other ways to obtain lean muscle mass but before that happens I would love to know what I am doing right and also what I am doing wrong. Overall what needs to change.

Anton93 is offline New Member
    From My oppinion u doing pretty Good But u need a bit more motivation ��

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Couple things i know from experience as a trainer/nutritionist. Although the diet looks good, it might not be the best option for your body. Try carb cycling or keto. Secondly i always get a lot of people who say they do HIIT or workout hard. After further examination it turns out the exact opposite, most often they do the same thing over and over again.

How long have you been doing the same diet and workout? Your body, most bodies respond to a refeed day very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clove1234 View Post
    Couple things i know from experience as a trainer/nutritionist. Although the diet looks good, it might not be the best option for your body. Try carb cycling or keto. Secondly i always get a lot of people who say they do HIIT or workout hard. After further examination it turns out the exact opposite, most often they do the same thing over and over again.

How long have you been doing the same diet and workout? Your body, most bodies respond to a refeed day very well.
    I have tried Keto and my body did not respond well. The hit training, I have been doing it for about 1.5 months. A month and a half ago I was at 170. I have put on some size, I am just a little softer in the stomach. I am probably at 13-14% body fat. What is carb cycling?

Nevermind I checked it out. It’s worth a try, the carb cycling. My only problem is I don’t want to lose weight I want to gain muscle without any weight loss

Those are counter intuitive goals, very hard to achieve at the same time if you can do it at all. If you are serious about getting big or lean you have to either stick to cutting or bulking from my experience. A lot of people look better at a heavier weight, with more muscle mass on them.

How long did you try the keto diet?

Quote Originally Posted by Clove1234 View Post
    Those are counter intuitive goals, very hard to achieve at the same time if you can do it at all. If you are serious about getting big or lean you have to either stick to cutting or bulking from my experience. A lot of people look better at a heavier weight, with more muscle mass on them.

How long did you try the keto diet?
    90days, and when I mean it did not respond well, I meant that I ended up losing weight. My goal is to bulk.

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/w...oss-calculator

Use this, find out your calorie needs to bulk. I would recommend anywhere from 200-400 over maintainence calories. Stick to that diet and check scale weight every week. Make Changes based on that. If trying to bulk you will have to accept some fat/water weight.

Keto, in my opinion is not good for bulking. As you discovered most people will drop weight quickly when on it

Thread Information