MattFry0812 is offline New Member

On the Go diet! Long hours! Help

To all,

I know dropping your BF% is all about diet, diet, diet! I work in the oil and gas industry and I’m constantly stuck out in the middle of nowhere, long hours and barely any time off. I work between 16 and 18 hours each day. Which leaves me between 6-8 hours to train, sleep and see my kiddos. Wanting to eat as clean as possible but need some help with suggestions for quick and easy meal prep. Good high protein foods and possible meal plan to help. I carry and ice chest with me so I can theoretically keep cold foods on hand. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Very simple things to consider, complex carbs like rice and vegetables. Depending on your macros maybe some whole wheat toast. A typical day for me is a carb, protein (chicken or sirloin). Snacks consist of maybe fruit depending on goals or a protein shake/protein bar. On the go is harder, but not impossible to eat clean. Meal prep is key. Invest in some reusable meal containers and make three days worth of food at a time. I prefer to do that and cook twice a week. Five day old anything is hard for me to enjoy eating.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    All Natural Peanut butter and Rice cakes

Pre made baked chicken

Low carb protein bar

Almonds, Cashews

Cottage Cheese

Sandwich: Ezekial Bread and all natural low sodium turkey (lettuce, mustard)

MattFry0812 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info! Very helpful! Five day old anything sucks!

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should look into intermittent fasting. I've seen guys get shredded using IF. Given your schedule it may be a good option for you.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattFry0812 View Post
    To all,

I know dropping your BF% is all about diet, diet, diet! I work in the oil and gas industry and I’m constantly stuck out in the middle of nowhere, long hours and barely any time off. I work between 16 and 18 hours each day. Which leaves me between 6-8 hours to train, sleep and see my kiddos. Wanting to eat as clean as possible but need some help with suggestions for quick and easy meal prep. Good high protein foods and possible meal plan to help. I carry and ice chest with me so I can theoretically keep cold foods on hand. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I use a pressure cooker to make a batch of chicken or beef on the weekends and use it during the week. You can cook up chicken thighs/breast, use boil in the bag rice or steamed rice, baked sweet potatoes, ezekiel bread, triscuits (watch the salt content), steamed broccoli/green beans/cauliflower, fill that puppy up and eat all day. I bought the glass snap seal food containers and can take 4-5 meals to work if I have to go into the office. I am usually keto so it’s easier because calorie dense and less food than eating clean with carbs, but you can use the same concept.
    Throw in some bars (Quest, MP combat) for a once a day in a pinch calorie snack.
    Canned tuna/rice, cottage cheese, roasted edamame (high protein, high fiber/low carb, minimal fat), almonds, natty pb and you are good to go.
    A good protein powder in a shaker for that also in a pinch. You can even buy a custom blend from online that has clean carbs with protein and fiber because you must be pulling in some serious $$ on those shifts!
    I personally wouldn’t recommend fasting with your job demands plus lifting.

Thread Information