Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CMB

Thread: Weight Loss

JackMan017 is offline Junior Member

Weight Loss

Hey Guys,

Why does it feel like every time I cut, when I lose weight, I lose it at a ratio of 1lb of fat : 1lb-1.5lb's of water/glycogen. Example: 180lbs, lose 4 lbs which equals 176lbs, but from that 4lbs, approx 2lb's is fat and the other 2lbs is water/glycogen? I'm aware during the first week or so of a cut, mostly water/glycogen is taking place, but I'm talking about even during the 4th week of a cut, during that 4th week, it feels like that ratio I describe above is taking place. Maybe this is just the way the human body works? Everyone's different, I understand that.

Even with a decent push/pull/legs program, counting macros, meeting protein (.8 p/lb of bodyweight) & fat minimums (.4 p/lb of bodyweight), filling in the rest with carbs. Nothing retarded on the size of the deficit either, something like 500-700 p/day. Getting good sleep, or atleast best I can on a cut, drinking plenty of water daily. I still eat as many carbs as I can when cutting.

I've never cycled. Used clen here and there, doesn't appear to help much regarding the topic above but i can't say for sure. Current stats are 5'8, mid to high 180's, about 16%-17% fat, training for about 3yrs. If I end up cutting to say 12%, obviously I'll look leaner, some ab definition will show up, but I'll lose size, basically I'll be a smaller version of my current self with less fat. I love the size of my shoulders at 189lbs, when I'm 170lbs, they just look average....

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    your going to be losing glycogen and water all the time when your cutting and eating CarboHYDRATES . Carbs pull water into the cell and of course become glycogen (in muscle tissue and the liver). When your eating in a calorie deficit there are times that you are depleted, but when you consume carbs, even in a deficit, you replenish some of this water and glycogen. Then of course you lose it again.

IF you want to lose all the water and glycogen weight at the start of the diet, and then lose only fat and tissue weight after that point and thus better gauge your fat loss, then your better off cutting with a KETO Diet.

I still eat as many carbs as I can when cutting.
    this is going to result in massive fluctuations in weight as well as water retention and glycogen. it makes tracking fat loss more difficult.

having said that, I'm a big fan of cutting with high carbs BUT only for those that are ON a cycle of AAS

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    God damn GH you are good. I’m pretty much at the point of recommending all my clients the keto diet when they come to me for cutting. I don’t have any that are big and are obviously on AAS.

Another alternative to further GH’s post is carb cycling. You may want to look into it if you love your carbs

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Clove1234 View Post
    God damn GH you are good. I’m pretty much at the point of recommending all my clients the keto diet when they come to me for cutting. I don’t have any that are big and are obviously on AAS.

Another alternative to further GH’s post is carb cycling. You may want to look into it if you love your carbs
    Carb cycling works great. I'm doing that myself right now with re-feeds once per week. also combining that with carb back loading. so my diet fluctuates, some days I'm having 3300 calories and 500g of carbs, other days I'm at 2600 calories and eating modified Keto for that whole day (moderate protein moderate fat no carbs). other then on the re-feed day all my carbs come in the evening around the time of my workout. The first half of the day I'm eating only protein and fats, the later half of the day post workout when I'm more insulin sensitive I eat my carbs and protein with no fat.
    the diet is also programmed along side my training split. they both go hand in hand. So on super high glycogen depletion workouts I get a ton of carbs in that day (and little to no fat). on my lower volume workouts I get less carbs and more fats that day. On rest days I go keto.
    thats also programmed along with drug usage. My super high carb re-feed day (which falls on the highest training volume day) is the day my insulin use is very high as well as my use of Metformin (this is the day I'm programmed to do a full body workout). The days I'm doing more mechanical tension with heavy loads are medium carb days that I may throw in some Tren suspension with Dbol pre-workout and smaller amounts of insulin.

its kinda a holistic approach between the diet, training, and drug protocols .. synergy man !

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Another great post

JackMan017 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    your going to be losing glycogen and water all the time when your cutting and eating CarboHYDRATES . Carbs pull water into the cell and of course become glycogen (in muscle tissue and the liver). When your eating in a calorie deficit there are times that you are depleted, but when you consume carbs, even in a deficit, you replenish some of this water and glycogen. Then of course you lose it again.

IF you want to lose all the water and glycogen weight at the start of the diet, and then lose only fat and tissue weight after that point and thus better gauge your fat loss, then your better off cutting with a KETO Diet.

this is going to result in massive fluctuations in weight as well as water retention and glycogen. it makes tracking fat loss more difficult.

having said that, I'm a big fan of cutting with high carbs BUT only for those that are ON a cycle of AAS
    Thank you thank you.

Just a little update, I'm on about day 6 right now. Day 1 I'm 185.4lbs and then this am I'm 185.4lbs. With that said, my face (jaw line) has improved just in those few days. Arms and midsection are slightly leaner, just slightly. I can't tell if this is more to do with water, fat, or a combination of both. I think it may be more-so fat?

I've been eating 3200-3400, around 140ish on protein, 90ish on fat, which puts the carbs around 450ish? I like carbs because I seem to tolerate them well. I'm estimating my TDEE to be around 3,200, just a rough estimate though. Doing mostly protein and fats in the AM, I'll go heavy on carbs before bed and post workout but nontheless eating carbs everyday. I think I sleep better with a lot of carbs.

Lifting 3-4 d/p week pretty intensely on a PPL for about 75 minutes. Lots of compound excercises. Tough to gauge strength levels as I'm only on day 6 but I'll monitor this as I go. I slow walk every day between 1-4 hours. Lifting days I'll eat slightly more carbs. If I understand walking correctly, the ratio of fat/glycogen burned is weighted more towards the fat side. I'll walk twice a day, one is in the AM fasted with Yohimbine HCL.

Overall I'm really happy how I've started out. I want to keep the identical routine going for a while and monitor how it goes. Fingers crossed.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    GH knows his physiology! How refreshing!

He covered many points so I'll keep my suggestion brief....

regarding your split, I would highly recommend adding in regular cardio sessions. An athletes body who has undergone resistance training AND cardiovascular training adaptions rather than just the former will have a higher portion of their energy come from fat.

In other words, if you do cardio regularly the body will become better at using fat as an energy source, sparing the glycogen
    Girlcode likes this.

Thread Information