Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: Dieting on a budget

lowintentionz is offline Junior Member

Dieting on a budget

[/B][/B] i wanna be on a high protein diet, but i am limited on money what are some simple and easy ways to get threw till i can start going with the more expensive route?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    chicken thighs are cheap, so are eggs. canned tuna is pretty cheap as well.

what is your weekly/monthly budget? what are your goals?

check out youtube as well, there are many videos that show dieting on a budget.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    buying a whole chicken is going to be cost effective and calorie dense. chicken thighs. Eggs. whole milk. ground turkey. pork.
    thats your cheapest and most calorie dense sources of protein . fish and red meat is the more expensive

how much do you weigh and how much do you train per week ?

you may not need as much protein as you think and thus you can save $ . what is really really a waste of $ is eating a shit ton of expensive protein and then having your body just turn that protein into carbs by the liver (gluconeogenisis) when you could of just had lower intake of protein and ate cheap ass carbs.

so make sure your using enough Carbs as fuel, and not wasting your expensive protein and using that for fuel

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    buying a whole chicken is going to be cost effective and calorie dense. chicken thighs. Eggs. whole milk. ground turkey. pork.
    thats your cheapest and most calorie dense sources of protein . fish and red meat is the more expensive

you may not need as much protein as you think and thus you can save $ . what is really really a waste of $ is eating a shit ton of expensive protein and then having your body just turn that protein into carbs by the liver (gluconeogenisis) when you could of just had lower intake of protein and ate cheap ass carbs.

so make sure your using enough Carbs as fuel, and not wasting your expensive protein and using that for fuel
    Well as of now i workout 5-6 times a week and 2-3 times a day, until i can find the proper people to get the gear i want. I am about 5'8 at 170. the gains i got from the first month of gear i loved it, but had gone to jail in a middle of a cycle and now cant find my guy anywhere.So i wanna train hard as if i was on gear until i find it.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lowintentionz View Post
    Well as of now i workout 5-6 times a week and 2-3 times a day, until i can find the proper people to get the gear i want. I am about 5'8 at 170. the gains i got from the first month of gear i loved it, but had gone to jail in a middle of a cycle and now cant find my guy anywhere.So i wanna train hard as if i was on gear until i find it.
    whats in bold is the easy easy part.. the DIET is the hardest part , consistency is the next hardest part, and training 'properly' is the next hardest part.

buy in bulk, learn to prep your meals and you'll save $ and progress. get a good solid training program/split together and progressively overload (get stronger week by week).

the gear will always be there, thats not going anywhere

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Like suggested above, buy in bulk. If you have a Sam's club nearby, cases of split chicken breasts and boneless skinless breasts are cheap. Throw them in a pressure steamer, rip off the skin and debone if needed, then start shredding. Watered down BBQ sauce gives a lot of flavor w/ just a little bit of calories. Sam's usually also has good prices on flank steak. For carbs, green veggies, dried beans, or rice will go a long way.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Berzerk is offline Banned
    Eggs in bulk (60 to 120 per case)
    Milk
    Tuna
    Fresh chicken

JackMan017 is offline Junior Member
    If you have a Costco near you, you could get a membership. Costco's pretty cost effective for protein, even fats and carbs too.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I would agree with what everything that is said here. I love what Seth Reroce says: Chicken and Rice MFers! Eggs, chicken, and Rice are cheap and your body will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post

Thanks for the information bro..

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Like suggested above, buy in bulk. If you have a Sam's club nearby, cases of split chicken breasts and boneless skinless breasts are cheap. Throw them in a pressure steamer, rip off the skin and debone if needed, then start shredding. Watered down BBQ sauce gives a lot of flavor w/ just a little bit of calories. Sam's usually also has good prices on flank steak. For carbs, green veggies, dried beans, or rice will go a long way.
    thanks this helps alot with the minor stuff i know already.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerk View Post
    Eggs in bulk (60 to 120 per case)
    Milk
    Tuna
    Fresh chicken
    thank you for the help..

Quote Originally Posted by JackMan017 View Post
    If you have a Costco near you, you could get a membership. Costco's pretty cost effective for protein, even fats and carbs too.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    I would agree with what everything that is said here. I love what Seth Reroce says: Chicken and Rice MFers! Eggs, chicken, and Rice are cheap and your body will love it.
    thank you

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You train 10-18 times per week?
    RaginCajun likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

BuddyGlove1 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with this. Chicken Breast boneless is $2/lb by me and that is almost all that I eat. And try to vary your diet to keep things interesting.. white rice, brown rice, white potato, sweet potato and stock up on seasonings. Nuts, and peanut butter as well for me. I buy veggies in bags that I can steam and some veggies like sweet peppers that I can eat raw. I throw out a lot of veggies if I don't buy the steamables. Can cook about 20lbs of chicken in a couple of hours. (including clean up).

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You train 10-18 times per week?
    yeah, ill do a cardio, burpees or something or other in morning time, and then ill go do chest for example then later in the day if i can make it, ill go and do a light shoulder, then visa versa the next with other body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyGlove1 View Post
    I agree with this. Chicken Breast boneless is $2/lb by me and that is almost all that I eat. And try to vary your diet to keep things interesting.. white rice, brown rice, white potato, sweet potato and stock up on seasonings. Nuts, and peanut butter as well for me. I buy veggies in bags that I can steam and some veggies like sweet peppers that I can eat raw. I throw out a lot of veggies if I don't buy the steamables. Can cook about 20lbs of chicken in a couple of hours. (including clean up).
    thanks for the info its gonna help in more muscle gaining, because before i just ate whatever and seemed like wasnt getting much of anywhere fast.

Thread Information