Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: First Cycle Nutrition!

Wickedg8gt is offline Junior Member

First Cycle Nutrition!

I'm 36, 6ft, and roughly 175 lbs. I would say around 13-15% body fat and what most in this industry would call skinny fat. I'm on week 3 of first cycle and really trying to dial in my diet. Especially after the bad eating this week. I started at 3400 calories and wanted to maintain that till I started growing then up it incrementally each week or so. I do want to bulk and get stronger, but also not get fat as I've seen others do, due to bad diet and eating everything in sight. I've read the diet and nutrition articles on here and looked at all the tdee stuff which does put me around the 3400 range. Any advice or suggestions!

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    give this a read
    https://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutr...look-like.html

keep in mind that calories are nothing more then a measurement of 'energy' (ie, heat) . thats it. they don't build muscle in and of themselves. they just provide heat.

you need to focus on actual macros and micro nutrients . those are all the things that build muscle, repair cells, etc..

saying your diet needs to be 3400 cals means nothing .. you need to know the macro and micro nutrients first and foremost , then let the calories fall where they fall and adjust from there.

if I ask a new client for their current diet, it needs to be given in this Format example,
    Protein - 300g
    Carbs - 250g
    fats - 75g

I don't need them to track 'calories' at all (if I want I can do the math from the macros and find out the calories pretty simply).. then after that I'll want to know the micro nutrition (types of foods being eaten that make up the macros)..

anyways give that thread a quick read. then come back and lets discuss your MACROs
    JaneDoe and Wickedg8gt like this.

Wickedg8gt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    give this a read
    https://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutr...look-like.html

keep in mind that calories are nothing more then a measurement of 'energy' (ie, heat) . thats it. they don't build muscle in and of themselves. they just provide heat.

you need to focus on actual macros and micro nutrients . those are all the things that build muscle, repair cells, etc..

saying your diet needs to be 3400 cals means nothing .. you need to know the macro and micro nutrients first and foremost , then let the calories fall where they fall and adjust from there.

if I ask a new client for their current diet, it needs to be given in this Format example,
    Protein - 300g
    Carbs - 250g
    fats - 75g

I don't need them to track 'calories' at all (if I want I can do the math from the macros and find out the calories pretty simply).. then after that I'll want to know the micro nutrition (types of foods being eaten that make up the macros)..

anyways give that thread a quick read. then come back and lets discuss your MACROs
    Thank you for the article sir. Great read. And my calories are broke down in macros as:
    P- 255
    C- 383
    F- 94
    I currently weigh around 177 which is about 7 lbs weight gain in 3 weeks of cycle. So It's probably water retention and fat, due to bad eating through the holidays.

Thread Information