Thread: Whey and Acid

JDToronto is offline Associate Member

Whey and Acid

For awhile now I've been experiencing acid reflex issues and may even have an ulcer. I've done some research and milk products causes an increased secretion of acid. So perhaps I need to drink less Whey protein shakes. I have 1/4 scoop in the morning then another 1.5 scoops between breakfast and lunch. Are there other protein powders that are not milk products that I can take with the same benefits?

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    carnivore beef protein.

Isn't beef hard on the digestive system?

shadowdragon is offline Junior Member
    egg protein......

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/u...searchTerm=egg

I've been using a ton of this recently, only bad thing is it only comes in 1lb tubs

gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDToronto View Post
    Isn't beef hard on the digestive system?
    I also suffer acid reflux / GERD with whey. Isolate may be better, if lactose is a problem

I'm fine on beef though. A Carnivore diet is best for GI issues imho

... You just need to adjust your fat % to suit your digestive needs

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you combine whey protein with LSD, it will take a bit longer for the LSD to kick in, but otherwise you’ll be fine.

But seriously, this acid reflux thing might not be an issue with whey isolate, or even different whey products. If you know that whey does cause this however, then you have other types of protein to try. Beef and egg has been mentioned, then you got different vegetable proteins. From hemp to peas to whatever.
    Problem with these is they have a different amino acid profile, often much less BCAAs and growth promoting aminos. This is easily fixed through, you can easily take some extra BCAAs on the side.

I’d start with egg protein first though,
    as long as it’s a good quality it will taste ok, and egg is usually well tolerated. Beef is just as good, but I suspect it’s much more expensive.

Yea, it can be many things..eating too much in one sitting, mostly at dinner, or too much whey isolate. I also need to cut down on my body fat %. Other than that I don't smoke, drink or eat unhealthy etc which are all causes of GERD. I'm trying to narrow down what is the cause of this. I'm going for a gastroscopy to check what's going on. I'm thinking it's an ulcer. I read that milk products which whey is can irritate and cause acid. I buy all my protein supplements from a Canadian online store, proteinco.ca their products has no fillers etc. And I don't have to pay duties.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    If you combine whey protein with LSD, it will take a bit longer for the LSD to kick in, but otherwise you’ll be fine.

But seriously, this acid reflux thing might not be an issue with whey isolate, or even different whey products. If you know that whey does cause this however, then you have other types of protein to try. Beef and egg has been mentioned, then you got different vegetable proteins. From hemp to peas to whatever.
    Problem with these is they have a different amino acid profile, often much less BCAAs and growth promoting aminos. This is easily fixed through, you can easily take some extra BCAAs on the side.

I’d start with egg protein first though,
    as long as it’s a good quality it will taste ok, and egg is usually well tolerated. Beef is just as good, but I suspect it’s much more expensive.

Thread Information