bigreb is offline Associate Member

too much info need help!!

Hey guys i'm on my 1st cycle and need some serious help with my diet. I've read so much info, i feel almost overwhelmed diet wise. I'm 38 6" 185, I don't know my body fat, I,m trying to put on as much muscle as possible in 12 weeks. I have a few inches around the waist but am nowhere's near fat. Here is what i ate today.
    Critique please(i can take it).
    7am 7 soft boiled eggs, 2 pieces ww toast 8 oz skim milk
    930 myoplex deluxe shake
    12 Ham sand on ww w/must, turkey sand on ww w/must 16 oz skim milk
    2:30 myoplex
    5pm same as 12pm meal plus 1 yoplait lf yogurt 8 oz skim milk
    8pm myoplex, banana, cup lf cottage cheese
    1.5 gallons h2o throughout day

I'll take any advise including anybodys daily diets.
    thank a bunch
    Reb

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I like your quote. (as soon as i read it, i go 'he's from florida'...checked your loc. and YUP!)haha

Anyway,

Diet looks pretty decent, what kind of gear are you taking?

What time do you go to bed at night? If you go to bed at 8, then that is too much carbs before bed. If it is postworkout, then good job.

But if it is postworkout, maybe just stick with myoplex and banana....and save the cottage cheese till right before bed so as to have some slow acting protein before bed. Another thing i can suggest is that if you wake up to go to the bathroom at night, slam a quick 20-30g shake and take 5g of glutamine...as that will keep your body full of aminos during your rest, so as not to go catabolic at rest (which many people do without knowing).

Drop the bread and replace it with oats, rice, yams, and potatoes. Try to eat carbs as much as 'how they were taken out of the earth' as possible. Good luck with the cycle, if you are hungry, eat...dont just say "I've had my 8oclock meal, i guess i shouldnt eat". As my good bro DB101 says "You are a machine, make use of it"

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: too much info need help!!

Originally posted by bigreb
    Hey guys i'm on my 1st cycle and need some serious help with my diet. I've read so much info, i feel almost overwhelmed diet wise. I'm 38 6" 185, I don't know my body fat, I,m trying to put on as much muscle as possible in 12 weeks. I have a few inches around the waist but am nowhere's near fat. Here is what i ate today.
    Critique please(i can take it).
    7am 7 soft boiled eggs, 2 pieces ww toast 8 oz skim milk
    930 myoplex deluxe shake
    12 Ham sand on ww w/must, turkey sand on ww w/must 16 oz skim milk
    2:30 myoplex
    5pm same as 12pm meal plus 1 yoplait lf yogurt 8 oz skim milk
    8pm myoplex, banana, cup lf cottage cheese
    1.5 gallons h2o throughout day

I'll take any advise including anybodys daily diets.
    thank a bunch
    Reb
    Not bad, Reb, not bad at all. The only thing I question is "7 soft boiled eggs." You're talking about 35 grams of fat right there, and it's almost all saturated fat. You could do better (and, during the rest of the day, you are doing better, especially by using mustard instead of mayo on the sandwiches).

Two things I'd recommend . . .

First, next time you're at the market, buy yourself a salmon fillet. They're cheap - usually only $4.99 a pound (a few years ago, salmon was twice as expensive, but they now have salmon farms). Cook it up and stick it in the fridge, then use it for breakfast. (You're from Florida, dude. They do this down in Miami all the time - it's a big Jewish thing, except that they smoke the salmon.) To cook it, just melt a little margerine in the microwave, dump in some spices (onion powder, garlic powder, ginger, basil, and pepper work well - stay away from anything with salt), brush it on the salmon fillet, and cook it in a toaster oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. It's great cold, high in protein, and heavy in Omega-3 fatty acids instead of saturated fat - works for breakfast or for sandwiches.

Second, you seem a little concerned about your waist. If you're looking to bulk, you're going to gain around the waist as much as anywhere else if you don't do cardio. You didn't mention anything about your workout routine, but if you're not doing cardio several times a week, I'd recommend it. It won't screw up your muscle deveopment, but it will help lose the gut. If you haven't done cardio in the past, I'd recommend using an eliptical crosstrainer (like a Precor) rather than a stairclimber or treadmill - less impact on the knees and joints.

And I agree with PaPaPump about cutting the carbs down, especially before bedtime. It can screw up your sleep schedule, and you don't burn carbs well while sleeping (they turn into sugar, but they do it more slowy tha the simple sugars).

Other than that, dude, good job - well thought out. Now have a pint of Haagen Dazs on me. (J/K )

vinh is offline Junior Member
    TNT: hey iam trying to bluk up as much as possible, killing myself with 40% rice and 60% meat every time i eat.

so if i do cardio, i will only lose fat right around my wasite and wont stuff up my current muscle or the new developing muscle or stop anyway of developing muscle right?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree with TNT cut the egg yolks a couple a day won,t hurt but 7 ain,t going to be doing much for you but in overall I think you are doing a good job and it looks good you are getting the right amount of fluid.

Well done

bigreb is offline Associate Member
    thanks for everones advise, and as far as cardio, is 1st thing in the morning good, before i have anything to eat. And when i started my cycle (sust, deca , d-bol) I stopped taking Hydroxycut, is it ok to take a fat burner, idont want to mess up putting on muscle. Reb

TNT

Cool Close, but not quite . . .

Originally posted by vinh
    TNT: hey iam trying to bluk up as much as possible, killing myself with 40% rice and 60% meat every time i eat.

so if i do cardio, i will only lose fat right around my wasite and wont stuff up my current muscle or the new developing muscle or stop anyway of developing muscle right?
    Pretty close, Vinh. By doing cardio, you'll lose fat, period - not just around your waist. (There's no such thing as "spot reducing" when it comes to fat.)

However, you'll be dumping fat in favor of muscle. The whole idea of working out or doing a cycle (and you should never do a cycle without working out) is to reverse your body fat-to-lean muscle mass ratio. That's why, when you work out (cardio or otherwise), you will not necessarily see yourself dropping pounds or kg. on the scale, but will see an improvement in your body overall. It's not that the fat is moving from your waist up to your chest, but that you're losing fat and gaining muscle. Therefore, the cardio and the weights (or the aerobic and anerobic) can be considered an "integrative process."

The only thing to be careful about if you're doing a lot of carbs is that you don't go so heavy as to kick in diabetes (which doesn't happen overnight, but you might be setting the stage for it later on). This depends, among other things, on predisposing factors such as family history, age, overall diet and exercise patterns,, smoking, obesity, etc. Remember that rice is a complex carb (as opposed to a simple sugar); it still turns to sugars, but does so more slowly. My recommendation - don't do it all as white rice (a pure carb that doesn't have much nutritional value), use brown rice wherever possible and make sure you're getting enough fiber content in your diet (green veggies will do this without adding a lot of calories, and they have almost no fat).

TNT

Cool ANY time is good, but . . .

Originally posted by bigreb
    thanks for everones advise, and as far as cardio, is 1st thing in the morning good, before i have anything to eat. And when i started my cycle (sust, deca, d-bol) I stopped taking Hydroxycut, is it ok to take a fat burner, idont want to mess up putting on muscle. Reb
    A lot of people do cardio first thing in the morning, believing that it burns energy more efficiently. But you have to have the energy to burn, and it takes some food to do that.

I do cardio at any point during the day, but not within two hours after eating. All in all, however, it's a matter of personal preference.

As far as a fat burner, should be no sweat. Losing fat and building muscle are two different things, and you can do both at the same time. Fat burners are essentially designed to help you burn more calories, although there's some question on how efficient they are in the overall picture. Make sure that you have no medical reason not to use a fat burner (such as high blood pressure). Past that point, there should be no conflict between fat burner and an AS cycle.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Good call TNT

The boy's have given you some pretty sound advice. Nothing much here that I could add that has not already been mentioned. Good call TNT. 7 boiledeggs a day is kinda pushing it.
    IC

Thread Information