Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: My test results & calculation my diet based on them!

kp917 is offline New Member

My test results & calculation my diet based on them!

How's it going community, I got my RMR and body composition tested at a legit body scan place. These are my results (I have attached pictures too). I took a huge break from working out/dieting and fell into a hole, but i'm now back on track and I want to make sure I do it right! Appreciate any help/ comments!

For my body composition:
    - i'm 187 pounds, with 130.8 lb of lean mass and a 26.1% of body fat. (I was super confused because I don't look obese, but the coach told me it's a more accurate and different percentage than the one's shown online, so that's why it's a lot more.)

For energy balance results:
    I burn 2290 calories AT REST, and they estimate my exercise calories to be +286, and lifestyle calories to be +459, for a grand total TDE:
    3034 calories per day. I don't think my lifestyle+exercise to be completely accurate, so I personally think it would be around 2600-2800

Protein intake needed 130 x 1.5: 195 grams x 4 (calories ea) = 780 calories (35%)

 1420 calories left

Fat intake: 65 grams x 9 (calories) = 585 calories (27%)

 835 calories left

Carb: since carbs are 4 calories each, divide 835 /4 = 209 grams (38%)

My goal is to lean out as much as possible, but gain lean muscle. Since my LBM is so low, I feel that if I rigorously cut, then I'll end up lowering my lean mass even more. BUT I don't know too much about it and would really love input/ advice.

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My test results & calculation my diet based on them!-img_2977.jpg   My test results & calculation my diet based on them!-img_2978.jpg  

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    not a bad diet to start with. for a cut I like to keep protein on the higher end. As protein is really the only thermogenic food group. for every 100 calories that you eat of protein your body burns 30 calories to digest and assimilate that protein.

to put that in perspective for you. if your maintenance calories was 2000 per day. and you decided to eat all those calories in just protein, then you would actually end up in a 600 calorie deficit and be losing weight (even though your eating maintenance). because of the thermogenic effect of protein, it would require 600 cals a day of energy to digest and assimilate that 2000 cals. Thats equivalent to like 3 hours of cardio a day, just because of your food choice .

because of this, on bulking diets I keep the protein a bit lower and really raise the carbs way up as well as the fats.
    XXXXXXXXXX likes this.

kp917 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    not a bad diet to start with. for a cut I like to keep protein on the higher end. As protein is really the only thermogenic food group. for every 100 calories that you eat of protein your body burns 30 calories to digest and assimilate that protein.

to put that in perspective for you. if your maintenance calories was 2000 per day. and you decided to eat all those calories in just protein, then you would actually end up in a 600 calorie deficit and be losing weight (even though your eating maintenance). because of the thermogenic effect of protein, it would require 600 cals a day of energy to digest and assimilate that 2000 cals. Thats equivalent to like 3 hours of cardio a day, just because of your food choice .

because of this, on bulking diets I keep the protein a bit lower and really raise the carbs way up as well as the fats.

Will keep that in mind, thank you!

Thread Information