Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Eduke93
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC

Thread: Slow metabolism hard time losing weight

0031 is offline New Member

Slow metabolism hard time losing weight

I have a slow metabolism and I am 39yrs old. I used to workout and take supplements when I was younger and it worked for me. I have been on a 10yr hiatus I want able to eat right now did I have access to weights. I want working out like i should of. ( I just couldn't find the motivation given my circumstances) now I'm trying to get back into the gym and proper dieting but it seems the thi gs that used to work no longer work for me. I'm currently at 220lbs (not good weight). No matter what I do I cannot seem to get below. The only way I did was by not eating nothing but once a day small meals. Which is not good as I also lost muscle mass. I have some tren that I want to start pinning again but ik it's pointless if I cannot get my diet right. I'm open for any diet sudgestions. I have the discipline to diet. But it just seems either I'm getting fat or I'm starving myself and losing muscle mass. Ik diet and proper exercise is everything but my cardio also suffers cause I have blood lots in my leg as well so its very difficult for me to drop bodyfat. Suggestions are greatly welcome. Ty in advance

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0031 View Post
    I have a slow metabolism and I am 39yrs old. I used to workout and take supplements when I was younger and it worked for me. I have been on a 10yr hiatus I want able to eat right now did I have access to weights. I want working out like i should of. ( I just couldn't find the motivation given my circumstances) now I'm trying to get back into the gym and proper dieting but it seems the thi gs that used to work no longer work for me. I'm currently at 220lbs (not good weight). No matter what I do I cannot seem to get below. The only way I did was by not eating nothing but once a day small meals. Which is not good as I also lost muscle mass. I have some tren that I want to start pinning again but ik it's pointless if I cannot get my diet right. I'm open for any diet sudgestions. I have the discipline to diet. But it just seems either I'm getting fat or I'm starving myself and losing muscle mass. Ik diet and proper exercise is everything but my cardio also suffers cause I have blood lots in my leg as well so its very difficult for me to drop bodyfat. Suggestions are greatly welcome. Ty in advance
    Hey.

Firstly, please post your height, 220lbs means nothing without knowing how tall you are, and also your current diet, just an average day (Be honest).

What have you been doing to try and lose weight, you say no matter what you do you can’t lose it.. Let us know what you’ve tried?

By not eating anything but one small meal a day/starving yourself as you say, you could well be causing further metabolic damage, you need consistency in your diet, there are plenty of ways to help increase your metabolic rate (if this is your problem) but again without knowing more background on what you have/haven’t been eating/doing its difficult to identify what the problem is.

Blood lot’s in your legs? Is this a medical condition or something you have self-diagnosed? Please tell us more!!!!

Also.. DONT touch that tren . You are far from ready to touch any AAS and they will not help you at this moment in time. Lets figure out what your underlying problems are first...
    Last edited by Eduke93; 04-26-2018 at 05:17 AM.

5'7. Honestly I've have started just eating beans a few tortillas. Chicken breast plain. Albacore tuna. I've cut out all of the sugar (for the most part) on my "cheat day I've been eating like 2 handfuls of plain tortilla chips with salsa. (This is recently I've started eating like this) I drink primarily water and my 1 cup of coffee in the morning with like 1 tbl spoon of sugar and cream. For exercise I have just started back up in the gym. Doing different muscle groups daily I have been diagnosed hyperthyroidisum. (I believe that's how its spelled and that's what it as well as massive dvt and factor 5. Slow metabolism is what they told me and I also take medicine for it) well I havnt been doing anything besides very very low impact cardio (walking) every day meal I dont eat breakfast but for lunch is now 1 plain chicken breast or a can of albacore tuna dinner is both. And I'll just alternate for lunch or dinner between chicken tuna. Or a can of pinto beans. Pretty bland but ik that is a hell of a lot better than just not eating and when I was eating it was processed heat and eat foods (garbage baisicly) I just got some pins today cause I figure the tren could only help me. Ik the risks I run juicing and having dvts and such. But I had the same issues when I was pinning the last time. But I was also younger and my body was producing more test. And a way more active lifestyle.

And yes in the legs. And I was thinking of getting some test cause ik my body dont produce nowhere near what it used to again I think it could only help.
    Last edited by 0031; 05-03-2018 at 06:18 PM.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    A high protein, moderate fats, very low carb, low calorie diet worked wells for me. Dropped a ton of weight, spared muscle. That and working out hard. Gotta be consistent. Weigjtbworkouts 5 or 6 days/week. I actually reduced my cardio (but had been doing 90 min/day 5 days/week)
    Eduke93 likes this.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0031 View Post
    5'7. Honestly I've have started just eating beans a few tortillas. Chicken breast plain. Albacore tuna. I've cut out all of the sugar (for the most part) on my "cheat day I've been eating like 2 handfuls of plain tortilla chips with salsa. (This is recently I've started eating like this) I drink primarily water and my 1 cup of coffee in the morning with like 1 tbl spoon of sugar and cream. For exercise I have just started back up in the gym. Doing different muscle groups daily I have been diagnosed hyperthyroidisum. (I believe that's how its spelled and that's what it as well as massive dvt and factor 5. Slow metabolism is what they told me and I also take medicine for it) well I havnt been doing anything besides very very low impact cardio (walking) every day meal I dont eat breakfast but for lunch is now 1 plain chicken breast or a can of albacore tuna dinner is both. And I'll just alternate for lunch or dinner between chicken tuna. Or a can of pinto beans. Pretty bland but ik that is a hell of a lot better than just not eating and when I was eating it was processed heat and eat foods (garbage baisicly) I just got some pins today cause I figure the tren could only help me. Ik the risks I run juicing and having dvts and such. But I had the same issues when I was pinning the last time. But I was also younger and my body was producing more test. And a way more active lifestyle.
    So your diet is clean, id recommend a bit more variety if you can.

With reference to your training, you can write up on here exactly what you do or alternatively take a look at the training section of this forum and implement some ideas/approaches you gather from there.

Ok so you have an over reactive thyroid, which basically means you have excessive amount of thyroid hormones circulating your system, now with an over reactive thyroid you tend to loose weight faster as oppose to an under-reactive thyroid which tends to make it harder to loose weight. So i just want to make sure you haven't gotten mixed up with the two, because an over reactive thyroid will increase appetite and weight loss..

Based on your stats your BMR is 2022 calories, this is the amount of calories you'd need to consume for your body to operate. I've based this calculation on you not working an active job, please tell me otherwise. Based on a non active job the amount of calories you'd need to consume per day to maintain your current weight would be 2628. So to loose weight you need to be in a caloric deficit, lets say a 300 calorie deficit to start with.. 2328 calories is what you will need to consume per day at your current weight/height in order to loose fat, combined with exercise will speed up the process this will need to be adjusted as your weight comes down.

You need to put the effort in to make sure you consume this amount of calories, if you over eat you will not loose weight. Please also do your own research in the nutrition section, i like to calculate my calories and track what i'm eating when cutting some guys just clean up their diet and drop carbs, or only have one carb meal etc... Tracking calories is just one way of doing it (the most accurate way), but either way you need to learn to weigh your food and make sure that you are not consuming over the 2600 mark as if you do you will never loose weight. period.

Reference the tren , this is a waste of time and a waste of health... I am assuming, that if you are going down the tren route.. You have testosterons, cabergoline, arimidex and a PCT on deck?

You cannot run tren by its self, this will cause multiple issues including erectile dysfunction, lack of energy, fatigue etc... You will need to control your prolactin with the caber, if this gets out of hand you again will have to deal with multiple side effects, and arimidex to of course control your estrogen from the test which again if not controlled will come with another handful of side affects. Not to mention the side effects tren itself gives you, sweats, lack of sleep, insomnia, excessive prolactin, ED, shot lipids etc.. the list goes on.. and also FYI tren can worsen your thyroid issue.

PCT you will need, tren shuts you down HARD and at your age you need a strong PCT to get things going again. without it you may be left with multiple low testosterone issues, especially if you already think its low...

Steroids are not a short cut by any means, and i am doubtful they will help you at all, you are too over weight, and clearly lack knowledge in training, nutrition and drugs... Good luck.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Post your meal plan..............and natural supplements you take daily.....ie: Daily vitamin, fish oil, probiotic....etc. Then I can tell you why you are not losing.....

Thread Information