Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Eduke93

Thread: Oats

dcycles is offline Junior Member

Oats

Just curious if anyone has problems with rolled oats blocking intestines etc. I've read mixed reviews on this. I generally like to eat a shake in the am consisting of oats egg whites pb milk and some fruit or yogurt. Is it bad or will it cause problems to do this? If so any tips on easy carbs to add in? Thanks

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Perfectly fine to do that. Should not have any issues. I make a breakfast sandwich with two pieces of Ezekiel bread every morning to get in my carbs with the first meal......

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dcycles View Post
    Just curious if anyone has problems with rolled oats blocking intestines etc. I've read mixed reviews on this. I generally like to eat a shake in the am consisting of oats egg whites pb milk and some fruit or yogurt. Is it bad or will it cause problems to do this? If so any tips on easy carbs to add in? Thanks
    You could get instant oats, easy to mix in a shake. Rolled oats should require cooking before eating.

Vinnie214 is offline Associate Member
    I always eat mine raw for breakfast and never had a problem

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I generally throw some steel cut or rolled oats in my shakes. Used to eat steel cut oats dry w/ just some cinnamon, but it found it tough to digest.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I take whole oats and put them in my bullet blender and blend to a powder. Easier to eat in shakes and digest!

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Overnight protein oats.

2 cups oats
    40g whey protein
    Milk of choice

Mix it all together into a thick consistency, don't use to much milk you want it to be thick. Leave it in the fridge overnight, next day you have a sludgy protein dessert type breakfast.

Chop up a banana on the top, some berries, raisins a bit of cinnamon, peanut butter...
    almostgone and RaginCajun like this.

Thread Information