Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Windex
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles

Thread: Pizza is ruining my life

  1. #1
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,781

    Pizza is ruining my life

    Every time I get on track with my diet there is a day when I am just tired and dont feel like cooking, and I just sit around until I am so hungry I dont care what I eat, then I eat an entire fucking pizza. And usually an extra slice of a different kind of pizza because I cannot decide on one.

    Tufts U is working on a food tracker that is somehow installed on one of your teeth.

    The reason I am posting this, anyone found themselves in this position before, and if so did you find a ways to... not eat an entire pizza?

  2. #2
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,641
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Every time I get on track with my diet there is a day when I am just tired and dont feel like cooking, and I just sit around until I am so hungry I dont care what I eat, then I eat an entire fucking pizza. And usually an extra slice of a different kind of pizza because I cannot decide on one.

    Tufts U is working on a food tracker that is somehow installed on one of your teeth.

    The reason I am posting this, anyone found themselves in this position before, and if so did you find a ways to... not eat an entire pizza?
    You have to dig down deep and build up your will power,,,thats the only thing that will stop you. All about discipline.

  3. #3
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,706
    Have you considered making your own pizza ? What are your diet goals ? Do you have a local baker that makes breads from scratch ?

    I use to be a pizza fiend then I smartened up. Bought whole wheat flat bread from my local bakery, did spinach and chicken for toppings with very light low-fat cheese. I skip the tomatoe sauce since I cba making it from scratch and store bought is full of sugar / high fructose corn syrup.

    It's more expensive but I don't put a price on health anymore.
    almostgone likes this.

  4. #4
    MACKATTACK's Avatar
    MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Gym or Eating
    Posts
    1,882
    Will Power is a muscle that also needs to trained...

  5. #5
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    362
    1) Don't be weak, I'm presuming your frustration is because you want to make changes to your physique or health. So how do you expect things to change when you keep repeating old behavior?

    2) Make some tasty, healthier meals and freeze them. On days when you can't be bothered to cook take them out and defrost them

    3) there is nothing wrong with one cheat meal a week, but you better have earned it.


    Class dismissed

  6. #6
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Big Trouble, Little China
    Posts
    2,731
    Blog Entries
    1
    Buy an insta pot. Helps with making easy fast healthy meals fast.

    I love pizza as well. Look at some of the posts about keto diet and carb cycling. It's all about moderation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    5,795
    Blog Entries
    162
    If we are, in actuality, talking about one pizza per week with the rest of the time being 100% clean I fail to see the problem. Just schedule in a pizza day and if it really bothers you burn off those 2k extra calories somehow.

  8. #8
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,781
    The problem is if I cut 500 cal / day = 3500 / week. If I eat an entire pizza plus one slice = ~ 2700 calories. Busting my ass dieting all week to only have a 800 cal deficit at the end is frustrating AF.
    I think you guys are right, I need to be more prepared and have quick things to make on hand (insta pot, frozen stuff), because I usually give up because I dont want to put in the time or effort to cook.

  9. #9
    SocioMachiavelli's Avatar
    SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    The problem is if I cut 500 cal / day = 3500 / week. If I eat an entire pizza plus one slice = ~ 2700 calories. Busting my ass dieting all week to only have a 800 cal deficit at the end is frustrating AF.
    I think you guys are right, I need to be more prepared and have quick things to make on hand (insta pot, frozen stuff), because I usually give up because I dont want to put in the time or effort to cook.
    So plan ahead for those days. Remembers the 6P's of life..... Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

  10. #10
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,318
    I prefer to live by this one:
    Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally
    parentheses Exponents Multiply Divide Add Subtract.

    can't go wrong with that.

  11. #11
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Great responses. If there's anything you can add to help you with the mental part is blood sugar control. Cravings come from low blood sugar and being used to getting that high blood glucose "feed" feeling. If you keep a good diet and eat lots of fiber you smoothen the curves and don't let yourself get so hungry. Get this in order and you'll have much less cravings.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

  12. #12
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    i work in a pizza shop...

  13. #13
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    pretty much sick of eating pizzas, i'll have one maybe every 2-3 weeks, usually chicken/bacon/veggies. But im also intermittent fasting atm, and with all the physical activities im doing (ice skating, bike riding, lifting), 2 small meals and a pizza will have me at or around my TDEE..

  14. #14
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    pretty much sick of eating pizzas, i'll have one maybe every 2-3 weeks, usually chicken/bacon/veggies. But im also intermittent fasting atm, and with all the physical activities im doing (ice skating, bike riding, lifting), 2 small meals and a pizza will have me at or around my TDEE..
    Doesnt fasting make you weak for your lifts? Or do you lift a couple hours after eating? Youre able to hit your protein goals while intermittent fasting?

  15. #15
    kronik420's Avatar
    kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,257
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Doesnt fasting make you weak for your lifts? Or do you lift a couple hours after eating? Youre able to hit your protein goals while intermittent fasting?
    No,no,yes

  16. #16
    FloydForbes is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12
    Hi HoldMyBeer,
    I will advice you to set fitness goals and after hitting your fitness goals enjoy pizza as cheat meal :P

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •